Ghost Recon: Wildlands Open Beta

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
There's an open beta right now on Ghost Recon: Wildlands (till sunday)
Played 'bout 4 hours so far, seems pretty cool although my computer is crap and I can only run it at low.
Still fun with friends. What you guys think?

Reactions: List

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
doesn't look as good as the trailers tbh

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
doesn't look as good as the trailers tbh
True, I do think it'll improve though. I know the whole "ubisoft downgrades" is a meme by now and they're notorious for it but this one is actually looking decent at the moment.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
My favourite part about it:
I can hide in the trunk.
I CAN HIDE IN A FUCKING TRUNK AND SHOOT PEOPLE ITS ALL I EVER WANTED.

D

Deleted member 1405

-The shooting and movement are floaty at best, unsatisfying at worst.
-The driving is bad. Like, really bad. Thought Watch Dogs had bad car physics? Watch your car float down mountains, barely make impact with the ground, and generally react like a floating turd with wheels.
-The dialogue. While not the main reason this game is bad, the wooden and crappy delivery is the cherry on the shit0 sundae.
-Bugs. Lots of them. Things glitch and spaz out when you shoot them, characters will glitch through objects when shot.

This game is a lot of things.

-----------------------------------

It's like GTA V, except the cities, snug vehicle controls, extensive customization and player population.

It's like Titanfall, except the polished PvE and PvP content.

It's like Borderlands, except the 'actual' variety of guns.

It's like Splinter Cell, except the AI is an aimbotting, snap-shooting mess on anything above normal difficulty.

It's like Watch Dogs, except instead of "smoothly" transitioning players between singleplayer and multiplayer, you are instead yanked back and forth in the form of obnoxious loading screens.

It's like the Just Cause series, except instead of getting around by having actual fun with the in-game, your primary means of travel will be by teleporting with fast travel. Including warping directly to your teammates while praying for your life that the short car rides you are forced to have doesn't spontaneously skid off the road into a random boulder or glitch you through the ground whilst you effortlessly chug yourself up a 90 degree mountain in a 70 year old rusty van.

It's like Sleeping Dogs, except instead of having an intriguing and borderline alternative story where you choose your actions and pick a side with consequences, you're instead force-fed the most obnoxious, generic "HYURRR TERRURISTSE" plotline ever devised by man that's accompanied by relentless vocalization yelling into your ears at every little action.

It's like Battlefield, except the map & world design is rètarded while there aren't even any hints of destructible enviroments, 20 kilometer long fences with no entrances/holes vs. grenades included.

It's like any other shooter, except it runs like a pile of vomit-inducing dogshìt that has been left out in the sun to rot for a solid two weeks, even for "recommended" specs on minimum settings and above. Especially in areas with buildings.

Tries to be too many things and ends up accomplishing nothing, as expected from the failure of a company that is Ubisoft.

It's like GTA V, except the cities, snug vehicle controls, extensive customization and player population.

It's like Splinter Cell, except the AI is an aimbotting, snap-shooting mess on anything above normal difficulty.

It's like Watch Dogs, except instead of "smoothly" transitioning players between singleplayer and multiplayer, you are instead yanked back and forth in the form of obnoxious loading screens.

It's like the Just Cause series, except instead of getting around by having actual fun with the in-game, your primary means of travel will be by teleporting with fast travel. Including warping directly to your teammates while praying for your life that the short car rides you are forced to have doesn't spontaneously skid off the road into a random boulder or glitch you through the ground whilst you effortlessly chug yourself up a 90 degree mountain in a 70 year old rusty van.

It's like Sleeping Dogs, except instead of having an intriguing and borderline alternative story where you choose your actions and pick a side with consequences, you're instead force-fed the most obnoxious, generic "HYURRR TERRURISTSE" plotline ever devised by man that's accompanied by relentless vocalization yelling into your ears at every little action.

It's like Battlefield, except the map & world design is rètarded while there aren't even any hints of destructible enviroments, 20 kilometer long fences with no entrances/holes vs. grenades included.

It's like any other shooter, except it runs like a pile of vomit-inducing dogshìt that has been left out in the sun to rot for a solid two weeks, even for "recommended" specs on minimum settings and above. Especially in areas with buildings.

Tries to be too many things and ends up accomplishing nothing, as expected from the failure of a company that is Ubisoft.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
when people say bad things about something but cant come up with good arguments why hahahaha
Ubi overhyped the game to shit, sure some aspects are good but think about it. Grau brought up a valid point? The game is similar to MGS5 in a lot of ways tbh, how it's 'Stealth-Orientated' open world, do missions how you want but it just has co-op brought to it along with a few updated and heavily downgraded features.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
-The shooting and movement are floaty at best, unsatisfying at worst.
-The driving is bad. Like, really bad. Thought Watch Dogs had bad car physics? Watch your car float down mountains, barely make impact with the ground, and generally react like a floating turd with wheels.
-The dialogue. While not the main reason this game is bad, the wooden and crappy delivery is the cherry on the shit0 sundae.
-Bugs. Lots of them. Things glitch and spaz out when you shoot them, characters will glitch through objects when shot.

Finally some good arguments instead of "sucks" and people trying too hard to roast me
nebulae

D

Deleted member 1405

Finally some good arguments instead of "sucks" and people trying too hard to roast me
nebulae
trust me i want to fucking like this game, like i REALLY REALLY do. but I just can't, it's such a dissapointment.
The fucking DRIVING. Dude holy shit the driving is HORRIBLE, like for real I can't even believe that it could be so shit

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
Ubi overhyped the game to shit, sure some aspects are good but think about it. Grau brought up a valid point? The game is similar to MGS5 in a lot of ways tbh, how it's 'Stealth-Orientated' open world, do missions how you want but it just has co-op brought to it along with a few updated and heavily downgraded features.
I do agree with a few of these points. The driving has been a bit uh, weird. I hope they make it a bit smoother. It's still an "open beta" which means they'll probably be taking feedback and fixing things.
[doublepost=1487881613][/doublepost]
trust me i want to fucking like this game, like i REALLY REALLY do. but I just can't, it's such a dissapointment.
I get that, I still see a few hours of fun in it. Me and a bud like doing the uh, missions together. Especially against Unidad since those enemies are actually hard.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
I hope so to, but like I said.
It's Ubisoft.
Look at Rainbow Six Siege.
That's a game by Ubisoft, that recieves attention. Alot of it. Alot of patches, updates, DLC etc. All the content for free except cosmetics. Great game in general, hope they can do the same with Wildlands, just like, fix it up a bit. It's not /that/ bad.
[doublepost=1487881983][/doublepost]But @Zarail , you did say you've enjoyed it so far, yes?
I think aswell, since we don't even have access to 1/3 of the game in the Open Beta, it's filled with way more story related content etc. Altough the story is kinda meh.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Look at Rainbow Six Siege.
That's a game by Ubisoft, that recieves attention. Alot of it. Alot of patches, updates, DLC etc. All the content for free except cosmetics. Great game in general, hope they can do the same with Wildlands, just like, fix it up a bit. It's not /that/ bad.
I agree with you that it's still fun, atleast for me and my friends. But when it comes to great Ubisoft games, it's mostly like rolling the dice, hoping for a yahtzee
Also there is a difference between developing a large open world game, and a team based tactical shooter. Pretty sure Wildlands need more work to be done, and last time they tried an open world game, it became, you know, The Division.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
For Honor is better imo.