Gibraltar

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Conservative Coalition AKA same people who armed and trained the people we now have to fight?

I hope they ensure this time that no crazy afghan tali creates any terrorist cells.
He's not making serious replies dude.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Conservative Coalition AKA same people who armed and trained the people we now have to fight?

I hope they ensure this time that no crazy afghan tali creates any terrorist cells.
no
the coalition will be led by the uk and usa with polish intervention my friend
[doublepost=1491402884][/doublepost]
He's not making serious replies dude.
I expected nothing more from a Portuguese man
you are too afraid of a return of the moors to your lands to want to take action

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
no
the coalition will be led by the uk and usa with polish intervention my friend
[doublepost=1491402884][/doublepost] I expected nothing more from a Portuguese man
you are too afraid of a return of the moors to your lands to want to take action
What kind of reaction are you trying to get?
I think you've been browsing too much hidden lol and reading on too many deus vult funni maymays

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
What kind of reaction are you trying to get?
I think you've been browsing too much hidden lol and reading on too many deus vult funni maymays
I am an independent man my friend
I read current events and I interpret them sir
people used to call surveillance state conspiracy theorists crazy. ..

soon we will see the polish hussars carve a path through Germany and take hold of belgium just as they halted the Turk at vienna

soon
[doublepost=1491403363][/doublepost]
Who is making serious replies again? Thread doesn't even have the serious tag..........................
And the first post is green texted.

what a nice idea to give weapons and guerrilla training to a few random goatherds, m i rite?
any man willing to fight the scourge in europe is an able fighting man my brother, should they not be heathen

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I am an independent man my friend
I read current events and I interpret them sir
people used to call surveillance state conspiracy theorists crazy. ..

soon we will see the polish hussars carve a path through Germany and take hold of belgium just as they halted the Turk at vienna

soon
[doublepost=1491403363][/doublepost] any man willing to fight the scourge in europe is an able fighting man my brother, should they not be heathen

I think you're missing my point here, nevermind...

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
[screeches in spanish]

I'm confused now.
good
it is a sign you are on the path to retribution in the eyes of the lord my Spanish friend

Reactions: List

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I doubt anyone should fight for a piece of land as small as Gibraltar, tbh.
Haven't read anything beyond this so don't have a go at me.

Gibraltar is beyond extremely important to any occupier. It cuts Europe from Africa and all Mediterranean bases from the Atlantic Ocean.

Imagine Egypt decided to declare war on the UK over Suez or some shit, i needed a country and for the sake of this example allies don't exist...

Egypt need goods and how do you transport them? By sea of course. Say Egypt are trading with the USA for Steel Armour Plating, to get to the US the navy must cross Gibraltar which is probably the best naval chokepoint in the world. The British Naval Forts and stationed ships destroy the merchant fleet preventing Egypt from getting their supplies giving the army no support.

That is how important Gibraltar is.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
That is how important Gibraltar is.

Considering it's placement, maybe, yes. But if you check the map, Algeciras goes deeper into the sea - The real choke-area is between Algeciras and Ceuta, both Spanish territory, so now, this said: Why would Spain need to fight for Gibraltar? It sure is useful for any other country, but precisely Spain is the one country that doesn't need that piece of land, at all.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Considering it's placement, maybe, yes. But if you check the map, Algeciras goes deeper into the sea - The real choke-area is between Algeciras and Ceuta, both Spanish territory, so now, this said: Why would Spain need to fight for Gibraltar? It sure is useful for any other country, but precisely Spain is the one country that doesn't need that piece of land, at all.
The Spanish might not need it to benefit themselves but they sure as hell can deny any other country the benefits from controlling it.

The Germans planned to take Gibraltar while the turks took Suez in WW1 to prevent the British from accessing India where a key source of manpower and resources were located in. The plan failed but if it had succeeded then the UK would practically be starving to death.

Granted this example is outdated but my point still holds up. If the UK wanted to trade with the Mediterranean states they need Gibraltar as a fueling station and stand-by base.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
The Spanish might not need it to benefit themselves but they sure as hell can deny any other country the benefits from controlling it.

The Germans planned to take Gibraltar while the turks took Suez in WW1 to prevent the British from accessing India where a key source of manpower and resources were located in. The plan failed but if it had succeeded then the UK would practically be starving to death.

Granted this example is outdated but my point still holds up. If the UK wanted to trade with the Mediterranean states they need Gibraltar as a fueling station and stand-by base.

But once again, why would that be necessary in 2017? Why would Spain fuck up relations with the UK, block a really important area to cause problems to other countries, and risk confrontations, when they can just leave it be? I mean my government is full of retards but I think even they are intelligent enough to not make such mistakes.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
But once again, why would that be necessary in 2017? Why would Spain fuck up relations with the UK, block a really important area to cause problems to other countries, and risk confrontations, when they can just leave it be? I mean my government is full of retards but I think even they are intelligent enough to not make such mistakes.
That's the thing. Why would they?

I'm not saying the Spanish will attack Gibraltar I'm just saying why they might.