GTA+, A Pay to Win Feature

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/ak748a241k42kk/introducing-gta-for-gta-online

Rockstar is introducing Grand Theft Auto Online+, which allows you to pay a monthly subscription to get a set amount of GTA cash, waived fees and 'free' upgrades to your stuff. It's the epitome of paying to win, and as it will be successful on console it'll probably make its way to Red Dead and future Rockstar titles

Being a GTA+ Member gets you a recurring monthly GTA$500,000 direct deposit to your Maze Bank account, plus the opportunity to claim properties in and around Los Santos that unlock gameplay updates you may have missed out on, special vehicle upgrades, Member-only discounts, GTA$ and RP bonuses, and more each month.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Maui

hnnnnngngng
Nebulae
my Online ban brought me great pride and i'd do it again

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i was so insulted when i saw this and i dont even play gta anymore

this is just a big fuck you to the playerbase, making it very clear that these snobs only care about their money

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i was so insulted when i saw this and i dont even play gta anymore

this is just a big fuck you to the playerbase, making it very clear that these snobs only care about their money
I used to be pretty adamant in defending Rockstar as being decent in the whole of TakeTwo, but it's pretty clear that they've lost their touch or are just worse at hiding their predatory practices

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
lol as if anyone on gta online didn't make all their money from random ass modders

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
lol as if anyone on gta online didn't make all their money from random ass modders
Well, now you can pay for the subscription every month to get the most gracious opportunity to buy shark cards at a discounted price
GTA+ Members can also take advantage of special GTA+ Shark Cards that provide extra bonus cash from the PlayStation Store on the PS5 or Microsoft Store.
give us money, so you can then get the opportunity to get more money but only if you give us more money
theres thousands, if not a million people that will end up falling for that and buy 'discounted' shark cards on top of the subscription

it couldn't be more obvious what they're trying to do, seeing as it's not on PC. really capitalizing on that middle schooler birthday money market

Jeffrey

String
Nebulae
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/ak748a241k42kk/introducing-gta-for-gta-online

Rockstar is introducing Grand Theft Auto Online+, which allows you to pay a monthly subscription to get a set amount of GTA cash, waived fees and 'free' upgrades to your stuff. It's the epitome of paying to win, and as it will be successful on console it'll probably make its way to Red Dead and future Rockstar titles
I highly doubt it'll make its way to Red Dead knowing they completely threw RD:O under the bus.

I also heard you save like 50k from purchases in-game but 50k is really easy to make even for a beginner, and that 500k bonus too? It's pointless. You can make double the amount with that submarine you can buy in the game.

The vehicles are cool although a lot of people will most likely upgrade to an armoured Kuruma or something similar later down the line.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I highly doubt it'll make its way to Red Dead knowing they completely threw RD:O under the bus.

I also heard you save like 50k from purchases in-game but 50k is really easy to make even for a beginner, and that 500k bonus too? It's pointless. You can make double the amount with that submarine you can buy in the game.

The vehicles are cool although a lot of people will most likely upgrade to an armoured Kuruma or something similar later down the line.
You can instead play a FiveM server which has all the same content available anyway.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

you get a free yacht that rockstar self appraises at 100 usd
You can instead play a FiveM server which has all the same content available anyway.
theres fivem servers that do gta online but just better, same content and shit loads of addons on top. dont even have to spend a dime

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
you get a free yacht that rockstar self appraises at 100 usd
a yacht that released ages ago that barely anyone uses since it doesnt offer anything bar being part of a story line

it still amazes me that they forget that 80% of the players have a fuckload of money thanks to modders, myself included