GTA+, A Pay to Win Feature

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
a yacht that released ages ago that barely anyone uses since it doesnt offer anything bar being part of a story line

it still amazes me that they forget that 80% of the players have a fuckload of money thanks to modders, myself included

They haven't forgotten, however, they realize they can't be bothered to counter it and instead will rely on mega whales to finance it. After all, if you could feed off a dead thing for years for little development why wouldn't you if it's constant revenue. I don't have their data cause it is private, but chances are there are a lot of whales in GTA:O and I guess Rockstar is the shark in the sharkcards.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
a yacht that released ages ago that barely anyone uses since it doesnt offer anything bar being part of a story line

it still amazes me that they forget that 80% of the players have a fuckload of money thanks to modders, myself included
theyre definitely not capitalizing off of the old playerbase that are still going strong. the game has been around long enough to actually re-release again for an entirely new generation of kids to sink cash into, and now it's even more enticing and easy for them to access

they simply do not care about the modders or the people benefitting from it because it just has nothing to do with their profits. if you're getting money from modders then chances are you were never going to buy shit from them in the first place, and modders obviously won't be paying for anything
They haven't forgotten, however, they realize they can't be bothered to counter it and instead will rely on mega whales to finance it. After all, if you could feed off a dead thing for years for little development why wouldn't you if it's constant revenue. I don't have their data cause it is private, but chances are there are a lot of whales in GTA:O and I guess Rockstar is the shark in the sharkcards.
honestly at this point they've perfected their shark card model. you could get 500k for 10 bucks, or you could get 1.25mil for 20 bucks. each one offers just that little bit more to get you to step it up until you're paying 100 bucks for only 8mil.

they needed to work on something, and it definitely wasnt going to be new content for the game

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
theyre definitely not capitalizing off of the old playerbase that are still going strong. the game has been around long enough to actually re-release again for an entirely new generation of kids to sink cash into, and now it's even more enticing and easy for them to access

they simply do not care about the modders or the people benefitting from it because it just has nothing to do with their profits. if you're getting money from modders then chances are you were never going to buy shit from them in the first place, and modders obviously won't be paying for anything

honestly at this point they've perfected their shark card model. you could get 500k for 10 bucks, or you could get 1.25mil for 20 bucks. each one offers just that little bit more to get you to step it up until you're paying 100 bucks for only 8mil.

they needed to work on something, and it definitely wasnt going to be new content for the game

The funny thing is, you could pay 10 bucks for 100 mil in some modder site and you won't even get banned from it.

Reactions: List

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
you can get a free modded client or you can pay ~15USD for a well-rounded client with all the essentials and get any and all gear you want, the money you want, the vehicles you want, etc.

once or twice i did little mini-events where i drove around in an armored truck and gave a money drop to the first person who destroyed it

i 100% advocate modding on gta online because it's run by such a shitty game developer. if you're going to mod on it though don't be a dickhead. grief the assholes and protect the people just trying to grind and have fun.

being a vigilante and harassing griefers through various means has provided me infinitely more enjoyment than grinding ever has. so i implore you, if you want to have any fun on gta online for a fraction of the price rockstar wants you to pay (or even free), get yourself a modded client and go nuts