GTA RP Playtest - Announcement & Questions

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We originally planned to accept ~20 people to participate but decided to increase it so everyone that was interested was able to.

Looking forward to seeing the feedback from everyone

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We originally planned to accept ~20 people to participate but decided to increase it so everyone that was interested was able to.

Looking forward to seeing the feedback from everyone
cant wait to do drugs and murder and then play gta rp

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My first character idea is a news reporter for a local tabloid. I'm literally making art rn for it​
IN AN SATIRICAL PORTRAYAL OF MODERN AMERICA, ONLY ONE NEWS SOURCE COULD TRULY ENCAPSULATE ALL OF THE AWFULNESS THAT COULD BE FOUND...

I HEREBY ANNOUNCE THE FOUNDING OF THE ONLY TRUSTWORTHY NEWS SOURCE IN ALL OF LOS SANTOS (ALL OTHERS ARE DEEMED FAKE NEWS):

Current_Affairs_Tabloid.jpg

COMING TO YOU FROM THE STREETS OF LOS SANTOS WITH ACE REPORTER HUGH CHUNT
(character name still pending)

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
IN AN SATIRICAL PORTRAYAL OF MODERN AMERICA, ONLY ONE NEWS SOURCE COULD TRULY ENCAPSULATE ALL OF THE AWFULNESS THAT COULD BE FOUND...

I HEREBY ANNOUNCE THE FOUNDING OF THE ONLY TRUSTWORTHY NEWS SOURCE IN ALL OF LOS SANTOS (ALL OTHERS ARE DEEMED FAKE NEWS):

Current_Affairs_Tabloid.jpg

COMING TO YOU FROM THE STREETS OF LOS SANTOS WITH ACE REPORTER HUGH CHUNT
(character name still pending)

Praise be to our glorious bird overlords, may their feathers remain merciful as they fly amongst us

My character shall now proceed to commit AllDaCrime to afford only the best birdfeed for every bird in the city.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I just realised I actually do have a series of questions that I was so hyperfocused on my art that I actually forgot to ask:
1. What are the playtest bounds? (Given the number of playtesters are we constrained to the city as to stress test performance or are we to have an even spread across the map? If we're spreading across the map, are features like jobs accessible in other locations like sandy, paleto, etc)
2. By public jobs, I'm assuming you mean police/medical, right? So will cops for the playtest be the default GTA ones or will there just be no cops?
3. For testing the inventory and weapons, will we just spawn with weapons/items in our inventory, or will there be ways to acquire them?
4. For testing vehicles and the autoshop, will we be able to spawn vehicles for free?
5. For testing houses, will we be able to freely buy properties and did house customisation make the cut before feature lockdown?
6. Did any features that weren't showcased in the progress updates make the playtest version? If so, what were they? (Just for going and testing the features.)
7. Were there any performance changes made? My home computer is pretty bad (rocking that 750ti with 16gb ram) and in my limited experience with GTA5RP I struggled to render the city properly at times but I was told that some servers offered what I can only assume is the GTA version of Minecraft's texture packs that made stuff look worse but made it easier to run. It might be fine given the smaller amount of players, but I'm still just curious if I should risk not being able to really be in the city or if I should just stay after work and use my work computer to play.

atm that's all I can think of off of the top of my head.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
1. What are the playtest bounds? (Given the number of playtesters are we constrained to the city as to stress test performance or are we to have an even spread across the map? If we're spreading across the map, are features like jobs accessible in other locations like sandy, paleto, etc)
Go wherever you like, see what you discover. Jobs are available, there may be things that aren’t marked on your map that you might find.

2. By public jobs, I'm assuming you mean police/medical, right? So will cops for the playtest be the default GTA ones or will there just be no cops?
Those are whitelisted jobs. The NPC police are entirely disabled but you may see myself or a few of us on a cop character.

3. For testing the inventory and weapons, will we just spawn with weapons/items in our inventory, or will there be ways to acquire them?
4. For testing vehicles and the autoshop, will we be able to spawn vehicles for free?
A huge part of this play test is to see what players do in the first session, we won’t be spawning in items but you’ll be able to acquire them. Vehicles don’t really need testing but you I’m sure you’ll find a way to acquire one.

5. For testing houses, will we be able to freely buy properties and did house customisation make the cut before feature lockdown?
Buying properties will not be available in the playtest.

6. Did any features that weren't showcased in the progress updates make the playtest version? If so, what were they? (Just for going and testing the features.)
Tons. I can’t even begin to list them, don’t worry if you don’t find them.

7. Were there any performance changes made? My home computer is pretty bad (rocking that 750ti with 16gb ram) and in my limited experience with GTA5RP I struggled to render the city properly at times but I was told that some servers offered what I can only assume is the GTA version of Minecraft's texture packs that made stuff look worse but made it easier to run. It might be fine given the smaller amount of players, but I'm still just curious if I should risk not being able to really be in the city or if I should just stay after work and use my work computer to play.
Our framework is pretty lightweight compared to what most servers run but there’s nothing that limits you from using any custom graphics mods to increase or decrease the game fidelity.

The play test is primarily focused on letting you guys finally see what we’ve been working on as well as ensuring all of our custom networking and framework can handle the load.

We’re excited to see how players interact with all of the systems we’ve built and what they do first.

Last edited:

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Go wherever you like. Jobs are accessible, some things are disabled but you may discover an unfinished activity that wasn’t marked on your map.

NPC cops are disabled entirely, you may see myself or a couple of people on a cop character but I don’t think we’ll be putting anyone in prison.

it’s a general play test, there won’t really be any admin spawning of items.

Go wherever you like, see what you discover. Jobs are available, there may be things that aren’t marked on your map that you might find.

Those are whitelisted jobs. The NPC police are entirely disabled but you may see myself or a few of us on a cop character.

A huge part of this play test is to see what players do in the first session, we won’t be spawning in items but you’ll be able to acquire them. Vehicles don’t really need testing but you I’m sure you’ll find a way to acquire one.

Buying properties will not be available in the playtest.

Tons. I can’t even begin to list them, don’t worry if you don’t find them.

Our framework is pretty lightweight compared to what most servers run but there’s nothing that limits you from using any custom graphics mods to increase or decrease the game fidelity.

The play test is primarily focused on letting you guys finally see what we’ve been working on as well as ensuring all of our custom networking and framework can handle the load.

We’re excited to see how players interact with all of the systems we’ve built and what they do first.
I think something messed up when you posted this, but it's all good to know. See you at 7pm :)

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm struggling to connect. I can open FiveM perfectly fine, but when I click the link to join, it says that it can't open FiveM with elevated privileges, and clicking the link with fivem open doesn't do anything.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm just connecting now, had to make the greatest character of all time. I'll probably hang around Legion square, at first at least

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm apparently re-installing fivem because fate wishes to see me suffer.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have reinstalled fivem, and I can open it perfectly fine by default, run as admin is not turned on, but using the join link always gives me "will not run under elevated privileges", can I get the IP or something?

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Bruuuh, I was literally driving this guy out to the country side under the pretense that I was inviting him to our new business to mug his ass only for the server to shut down

good fun though, and the systems seem to be working very well bar the odd bug here and there