GTARP Meme Thread - chill beats to rob civillians to

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Solving the DMCA issue by having all the songs replaced with covers hummed/sung acapella by a nebulous member.
I almost considered singing "Bad Boys" for the Cops intro/outro but I just couldn't bring myself to do it lmao

Reactions: List

Seb'ster

Proton
Nebulae
Realistically it’s only gonna be coming back with certifiably DMCA free, community made music.

We’ve had this back and forth quite a bit before launch, we as individual players and as a community don’t own the rights to the default music so it’s not coming back.
After looking through other FiveM community servers and search results about the DMCA with the music radios, there's barely any threat mentioned or concerns about it except when you start playing music out of your own mic that hasn't been played in the original game of GTA V.

What I don't understand is the famous excuse about streamers not going to be happy when copyrighted music is playing, This setting exists for them to use, it is the streamers' responsibility, not ours, nuff said'
d0152764cc786d6e405aaf93343eaef0.png

I can't imagine how a record label will talk to the nebulous dev team out of the thousands of other servers that play their music and even some outside from GTA V's radio. FiveM would probably be the one to be contacted by the record labelers instead and if they are dealing with this sort of issue, they'll in no time put out an announcement telling that music radio from the game itself is running by is restricted to be played in any circumstances.

The policy Rockstars Games themselves are asking RP servers to not do is misuse their game content enough to convince the players that it's an official creation by Rockstars. This is probably more to protect themselves from dealing with controversy and be easily able to boot these people away from touching their games, so it's more about that you aren't going to make a crude server with a bunch of edgy content, including real-life tragics and putting famous people into the game. This most likely means that they are probably not going to be upset about people using the music they got to use for their games, including the record labels themselves unless it is by any mean sparked some sort of controversy.

I urge Alex and the team working on the server to rethink if we genuinely need to worry about this sort of risk. From what I have placed by looking through community forums and Cfx.re's forum, I personally don't believe it should be seen as a threat to allow us to play the default GTA V radio that plays in the car, as long as we don't add any of those FiveM mods where you can add more music in your radio that has never been played in the official game of GTA v

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
After looking through other FiveM community servers and search results about the DMCA with the music radios, there's barely any threat mentioned or concerns about it except when you start playing music out of your own mic that hasn't been played in the original game of GTA V.

What I don't understand is the famous excuse about streamers not going to be happy when copyrighted music is playing, This setting exists for them to use, it is the streamers' responsibility, not ours, nuff said'

I can't imagine how a record label will talk to the nebulous dev team out of the thousands of other servers that play their music and even some outside from GTA V's radio. FiveM would probably be the one to be contacted by the record labelers instead and if they are dealing with this sort of issue, they'll in no time put out an announcement telling that music radio from the game itself is running by is restricted to be played in any circumstances.

The policy Rockstars Games themselves are asking RP servers to not do is misuse their game content enough to convince the players that it's an official creation by Rockstars. This is probably more to protect themselves from dealing with controversy and be easily able to boot these people away from touching their games, so it's more about that you aren't going to make a crude server with a bunch of edgy content, including real-life tragics and putting famous people into the game. This most likely means that they are probably not going to be upset about people using the music they got to use for their games, including the record labels themselves unless it is by any mean sparked some sort of controversy.

I urge Alex and the team working on the server to rethink if we genuinely need to worry about this sort of risk. From what I have placed by looking through community forums and Cfx.re's forum, I personally don't believe it should be seen as a threat to allow us to play the default GTA V radio that plays in the car, as long as we don't add any of those FiveM mods where you can add more music in your radio that has never been played in the official game of GTA v

that setting just makes it so the radio plays regardless of whether you're in a car

the stupidest part is that NPCs can still play the radio, so you can be waiting at a red light with some goober parked next to you blaring Rebel Radio

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

And either way, I can't imagine how a record label will talk to the nebulous dev team out of the thousands of other servers that play their music and even some outside from GTA V's radio. FiveM would probably be the one to be contacted by the record labelers instead and if they are dealing with this sort of issue, they'll in no time put out an announcement telling that music radio from the game itself is running by is restricted to be played in any circumstances.

I urge Alex and the team working on the server to rethink if we genuinely need to worry about this sort of risk. From what I have placed by looking through community forums and Cfx.re's forum, I personally don't believe it should be seen as a threat to allow us to play the default GTA V radio that plays in the car, as long as we don't add any of those FiveM mods where you can add more mp3 in your music radio

What other community servers do (and the larger servers often do exactly what neb is doing) and what we do is irrelevant. Just because other servers are willing to tread DMCA risk doesn’t mean we should. Most server owners aren’t smart, most are running around with heavily copyrighted clothing logos, cars, famous and heavily trademarked characters, etc, and each server that does that is putting itself at risk the second it gets any exposure.

At the end of the day, we, nor Nebulous own the music. It is better to err on the side of caution and get ahead of any risk by reducing exposure and that starts by disabling access to content we as individuals or as a greater community do not own.

We don’t own the rights. At all. If you need music so bad, open up Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, or your own playlist. But Nebulous will not be involved with the broadcasting of music they do not have the rights to. At the end of the day that is what Nebulous would be doing, acting as a broadcaster.

Even rockstar has to remove songs they lose the licensing to. GTA 4 had lost a shit ton of songs not too long ago. GTA 5 is going to be losing music (and some songs have already been removed) when their license deals expire. Do you think even if Alex said “fuck it bring it back” that he’ll want to keep track of each song’s individual license? No, lmao. The license in question only protects rockstar and yourself for private, non-commercial, non-broadcasting use specifically in the context of GTA 5’s single player and GTA Online. It does not cover all of the third party FiveM servers. FiveM server owners who keep the music in their servers are already opening themselves up to risk and can be shut down on a whim.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
that setting just makes it so the radio plays regardless of whether you're in a car

the stupidest part is that NPCs can still play the radio, so you can be waiting at a red light with some goober parked next to you blaring Rebel Radio

Yeahhhh I told Alex about this but he didn’t know because he had the slider turned all the way down. It was also in the stores during the play test until he got told.

BRING BACK AUTOMERGE

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i've just been playing some night city radio on my end most of the time :) but i can find a good playlist where the radio songs are randomly shuffled :(

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I’m sorry but the answer is absolutely no.

You can have any thoughts and feelings about this that you want but we are not going to be re-enabling the radio stations that play copyrighted music.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I’m sorry but the answer is absolutely no.

You can have any thoughts and feelings about this that you want but we are not going to be re-enabling the radio stations that play copyrighted music.
what about just self radio?
unless all the ad jingles are copyrighted

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

It's not about the record label coming to your stream. It's all auto-detection, and despite owning the copy of the video game, we don't have the right to rebroadcast the music. Back when GTA 5 first dropped in 2013, most of the youtube videos that left the radio playing got nuked with copyright notices and the audio deleted.

I've already had one copyright notice because one of the cars on the server bugged out and was still playing the GTA radio at an intersection just the other day

Seb'ster

Proton
Nebulae
At this point, I'll be happy to see if I can later in time provide maybe three radio stations for this server, with jingles, ads, free music, and even some commentary.

It'll take some time but I think that would be a little changer at least.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
me getting into my stolen car to escape an active pursuit after shooting someone in the place just for this to play

me and the gang going on a chop shopping spree, stealing cars throughout all of los santos while avoiding the police

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
me getting into my stolen car to escape an active pursuit after shooting someone in the place just for this to play

My life is a lie

I've heard this song so many times in so many YT vids and I always thought it was music from some mario game

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
My life is a lie

I've heard this song so many times in so many YT vids and I always thought it was music from some mario game
if you heard any song on youtube between like 2009 and 2018 there is a 87% chance that it was kevin macleod