Nebulae
All I got from that video:
HL3 isn't coming.
Ever.
RIP.

KaNN

Neutrino
Nebulae
I mean, I can't even say that I'm excited for it anymore. Keep forgetting that it even exists. But, I'm pretty sure Valve will release it this year running on source 2. They'll probably also release the source 2 engine at the same time.

Reactions: List

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
Why make single player games with minimal re-playability when you could have free to play (or very cheap) games with millions of dollars worth of micro-transactions

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
How the fuck is source 2 obsolete?
the editor feels several years behind unreal 4 in terms of usability, user-friendliness, and functionality

the engine is still based off of .bsp geometry as well iirc, which has its uses but really is not a good way to do all level design

Silly Pillow

Electron
Nebulae
minimal re-playability
I can't count the amount of times I've played through the half-life games and noticed new stuff that I didn't before

and I can tell you that yes, I do know how to count to twenty! :ok:

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
there's always more details to notice, but the game itself is incredibly linear

items, enemies, equipment, and so on always appear at exactly the same place every single time

even halo 2, which came out a few months beforehand, had randomized npc locations and weapons

Reactions: List

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
I can't count the amount of times I've played through the half-life games and noticed new stuff that I didn't before

and I can tell you that yes, I do know how to count to twenty! :ok:
I've replayed it too, along with 95% of this community. Its an odd case, and a national treasure.

But games that are intended for multi-player will probably have a longer lifespan during their prime. Like Zak said, linear games aren't the Valve model anymore because they lose their spark and randomness after the first playthrough.

Last edited:

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
i'd rather get a new team fortress game
58pBUIoE_400x400.png

Characters are actually interesting in that one.

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
yeah, and the game costs 60 dollars -.-, i'd rather buy a bunch of unusuals in tf2
tf2:
free (but if you dont spend money you are considered inferior by a lot of people)
big community
big company behind it
only updates with weapons is basically paid reskins
hats
stranges
unusuals
stupid value on all 3 above items
9 classes, lack of diversity
>balanced
>no fully integrated competitive

Overwatch:
costs money
community willing to back it
company willing to back it
dedicated team who are writing lore, making videos, etcetera
paid skins (but you get what you want)
21 classes, huge diversity
>integrated competitive
>balanced

I think overwatch looks better imo

Icepick64

Resident Furfag
Nebulae
I personally believe HL3 will come out eventually, it's simply too lucrative for Valve to give up on. I mean, the MINUTE it's released, I guarantee they will make 1 million dollars in only 1 HOUR.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I personally believe HL3 will come out eventually, it's simply too lucrative for Valve to give up on. I mean, the MINUTE it's released, I guarantee they will make 1 million dollars in only 1 HOUR.

If Valve ever release HL3/Episode 3 I'll legit film myself eating a shoe and put it up on YouTube for the world to see.