HALO 3 FOR FREE APRIL 20TH

halolegend2000

Electron
Nebulae
i currently have a game going

pass is fortheemperor

edit: nvm i guess this game was born to die?

Last edited:

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Microsoft: “Hey our sales are not doing so well and we have shit exclusives but at least our fan love us and halo!”

Also Microsoft: “HALO GAME ON PC??!! REEEEEEE SHUT IT DOWN FUCK THE COMUNITY”

Reactions: List

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
On another note there is this gem I've been waiting on for a while now
https://installation01.org/
(They even have 343's blessing so there's that)

In this case it was all Microsoft that was angry with the use of assets from the Halo games, so effectively the game is taken down in the way you cannot download it, but that doesn't mean the server's shut down.

If Microsoft was full asshole, they could try. But anyone who downloaded the game will be able to continue playing it.

The reason why I quoted this though is because unlike Halo Online, this one is being done with original assets, thus technically in the green.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Microsoft: “Hey our sales are not doing so well and we have shit exclusives but at least our fan love us and halo!”

Also Microsoft: “HALO GAME ON PC??!! REEEEEEE SHUT IT DOWN FUCK THE COMUNITY”

Microsoft (and by extension their subsidiaries, or any company really), by law, have to protect their trademarks or they risk losing them. You do know that right? Once that happens anyone can violate their trademark without any legal ramifications. It becomes generic and public domain. MS + 343 are obligated to protect their trademarks, it is their IP after all.

And besides, I can't confirm or deny that there are working builds of MCC and 5 on PC.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
microsoft is missing out on hundreds of millions not putting halo out on pc

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Microsoft (and by extension their subsidiaries, or any company really), by law, have to protect their trademarks or they risk losing them. You do know that right? Once that happens anyone can violate their trademark without any legal ramifications. It becomes generic and public domain. MS + 343 are obligated to protect their trademarks, it is their IP after all.

And besides, I can't confirm or deny that there are working builds of MCC and 5 on PC.

They could easily port a Halo game on PC to gain a huge amount of money, or heck why not even buy out the guy, I don't think he would be that expensive.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Microsoft removed MS13 that is required to play Halo Online, but not the updator 0.6.

Nor did they remove the official servers.

Put two and two together and there are work arounds; though for how long, who knows?

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
They could easily port a Halo game on PC to gain a huge amount of money, or heck why not even buy out the guy, I don't think he would be that expensive.

It's not all that easy. The games built off the UWP platform, yes, but those not built on the platform, no. Also why buy out Eldewrito? It's not like he made the game itself. The client was already made by 343/SI for a separate project and he simply built off of a well established foundation. Licensing him the IP could be an option but that's not my call. Provided we do release MCC + 5 on PC with the builds that may or may not exist already, giving him his project would just be redundant.

Given it's one of their flagship IPs and they have a game console can you honestly blame them for maintaining it as an exclusive for as long as possible for the sake of encouraging console sales? Sure at some point one can argue that after a certain period of time passes maintaining exclusivity is silly, but then again all the games except Reach were moved from the 360 to the Xbox One with MCC, effectively making it a re-release.

Halo 6 also may or may not have Windows Play Anywhere like Halo Wars 2 did, but I wouldn't bet on it. Just like I really wouldn't bet on the PC community really hopping on the Halo dick train and MS recouping what was spent. They got bit in the hand with Halo 2 Vista (granted it was their own folly), but regardless the community can be finnicky. If it's not *just right* or they don't have a loose enough leash they'll have a fit. The PC gaming community is honestly a bunch of all bark and no bite type of gamers. they'll whine for something, and either not touch it with a 10 foot pole or they'll bitch that they're not given a bunch of latitude in what they could do with the game. Hell, maybe Eldewrito could get blessings for a custom edition of the games or some shit (I mean this is a real stretch but hey lets stretch out some anuses).

Also the ghost builds may or may not be cross platform at the moment but I can guarantee that if the games do end up getting an official endorsement to move onto PC it won't be. Just in case anyone was bonering up to stomp console nerds.

Last edited:

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Just wanted to add that it isn’t actually dead. The only thing you cannot do is download the ms23 files needed to play 0.6 (Which can easily be found with a simple Google search). The servers are still up, and your still able to download 0.6 too.

Also the Waypoint post made by 343 is p-interesting since they’ve directly said in the last paragraph:

“One thing remains clear – the community really wants more Halo on PC. As we look ahead, we’re very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC and we hope to be able to partner with the ElDewrito team and broader mod and content creation community to help inform the types of experiences and features our fans desire.”

But yeah, Halo Online isn’t dead. Just download 0.6 from the ElDewrito website and poke around for the ms23 files on Google; the servers are all still up & running.

Vasey105

Proton
Nebulae
man hearing them say they know we want halo on pc is just a fuckin dead meme at this point

and it feels like even if they did start putting halo on pc itd just be the next halo game and honestly idgaf about halo 6 at this point
gimme all bungie halos on pc >:(

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
man hearing them say they know we want halo on pc is just a fuckin dead meme at this point

and it feels like even if they did start putting halo on pc itd just be the next halo game and honestly idgaf about halo 6 at this point
gimme all bungie halos on pc :mad:

U8IZXgt.jpg

hi