News Halo: Master Chief Collection megathread

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b2yhk8/mcc_pc_halo_reach_and_halo_insider_ama/

- Those who purchase it on the Windows Store will be able to play with those who purchase the game on Steam, and the same for the other way around.

- Full Reach character customization will be present, though the means of unlocking armor will be different (Not specified how, but they have stated monetization won't be present for armor acquisition).

- 343 is working with various influential members of the Halo modding community to look into introducing official modding support, though this is not guaranteed as they will be focusing on getting the game 100% ready and finalized before considering mod support.

- They are unable to create a system to implement dedicated servers, but a custom games browser is something that will be present.

- There's plans to support uncapped FPS limits, though cannot be guaranteed for all games due to limitations.

- If the PC UI + Controls are successfully implemented for Reach the first time around, the first flight (The Halo Insider terminology for beta) will be released.

- In regards to purchases, it appears to be that you'll either have to wait until all of the games are released if you want to make a full purchase; or will simply have to purchase all of the games individually as they come out one by one. Nothing like a season pass will be present.

- Windows 7 and Windows 10 are the main OS' that MCC is being released for, but they are most likely not releasing for Windows 8.

- Reach's Forge and Theater modes won't be ready immediately, but will definitely be coming later down the line once Halo 1 and 2 are wrapped up.

- Work for Halo: CE and Halo Reach for PC is being done side by side, so both will likely be released in a very short window from one-another; as will Halo 2 most likely.

- Reach's firefight will be coming to PC, but ODST's firefight coming to PC will be evaluated at a later date.

- FOV sliders will be present for all games, though some may be more restricted than others if issues arise visually.

- Progress from Halo Reach on your Xbox 360 will not be carried over to the PC release of MCC.

- MCC if purchased through Steam will require a free Microsoft Account, but will not require Xbox Live Gold.

- Support for 144hz monitors is guaranteed for all games but may differ slightly per release.

- Local multiplayer/campaign split-screen may not be available, but is being looked into depending on how project progress goes.

- Windowed mode ratios supported are: 21:9, 16:9, 16:10, 3:2, 4:3

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b2yhk8/mcc_pc_halo_reach_and_halo_insider_ama/

- Those who purchase it on the Windows Store will be able to play with those who purchase the game on Steam, and the same for the other way around.

- Full Reach character customization will be present, though the means of unlocking armor will be different (Not specified how, but they have stated monetization won't be present for armor acquisition).

- 343 is working with various influential members of the Halo modding community to look into introducing official modding support, though this is not guaranteed as they will be focusing on getting the game 100% ready and finalized before considering mod support.

- They are unable to create a system to implement dedicated servers, but a custom games browser is something that will be present.

- There's plans to support uncapped FPS limits, though cannot be guaranteed for all games due to limitations.

- If the PC UI + Controls are successfully implemented for Reach the first time around, the first flight (The Halo Insider terminology for beta) will be released.

- In regards to purchases, it appears to be that you'll either have to wait until all of the games are released if you want to make a full purchase; or will simply have to purchase all of the games individually as they come out one by one. Nothing like a season pass will be present.

- Windows 7 and Windows 10 are the main OS' that MCC is being released for, but they are most likely not releasing for Windows 8.

- Reach's Forge and Theater modes won't be ready immediately, but will definitely be coming later down the line once Halo 1 and 2 are wrapped up.

- Work for Halo: CE and Halo Reach for PC is being done side by side, so both will likely be released in a very short window from one-another; as will Halo 2 most likely.

- Reach's firefight will be coming to PC, but ODST's firefight coming to PC will be evaluated at a later date.

- FOV sliders will be present for all games, though some may be more restricted than others if issues arise visually.

- Progress from Halo Reach on your Xbox 360 will not be carried over to the PC release of MCC.

- MCC if purchased through Steam will require a free Microsoft Account, but will not require Xbox Live Gold.

- Support for 144hz monitors is guaranteed for all games but may differ slightly per release.

- Local multiplayer/campaign split-screen may not be available, but is being looked into depending on how project progress goes.

- Windowed mode ratios supported are: 21:9, 16:9, 16:10, 3:2, 4:3
e30.jpg

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
xmpgh7k7e0r01.jpg

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm also so fucking hyped because now my money situation is sorted I can actually buy a fucking gaming PC in time for this to release and play things with people that isn't L4D or Gmod.

No clue what to get though as I've never really focused on gaming before (my current PC is several years old and was bought to help with my uni work).

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
I'm also so fucking hyped because now my money situation is sorted I can actually buy a fucking gaming PC in time for this to release and play things with people that isn't L4D or Gmod.

No clue what to get though, but still.
Tbh the only games I imagine that will be difficult to run visually on PC are Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary; everything else should in theory be smooth sailing for low-end hardware.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
whenever I played reach i'd see those fuckers with the bionic arms and shit, but I never knew what it was or how they got it

still dont can someone enlighten me