News Halo: Master Chief Collection megathread

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I’ll throw in two copies.

mill give mine to whoever tell me something interesting about Halo
Halo: CE started life as a Mac-exclusive Halo-wars sort of RTS shooter that was meant to tie back into Bungie's older series, Marathon. Microsoft bought the rights and they originally wrote the game as a one-off with no planned sequels until Microsoft forced them to do Halo 2/3.

This is also why some of the things in Halo 2 like the Brutes feel tacked on and are pretty overpowered - because they are/were. They got added when the team slammed a story together to meet the Christmas 2004 deadline and they didn't really have time to test or refine anything. They didn't even have a working build a year into making it and the ending was slapped on too.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Alright, three copies of reach then. I'll leave it till tomorrow in the afternoon. Then I'll put everyone's name into a random generator for the whole collection first.

Then I'll add everyone bar the last win for the reach games, rinse and repeat until we have our winners.
xx

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
ok so demon elite isn’t lying and I’ve just had to look at an alien asshole thag someone modelled at 1AM

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Oh, the E3 2003 Halo 2 presentation? It was made on an engine that the Xbox literally couldn't run and just to get the demo to work they had to axe everything that is out of view. They came back from E3 and had to scrap that entire build and pretty much make the game again on a brand new engine in the next year and a half to meet the release deadline.

Literally a year before launch the team had no engine, environments that couldn't possibly work in any engine, features that were only half-implemented, a story that would eventually require Halo 3 to finish and a multiplayer mode that would have to be scrapped.

Halo 2's development was so fucked lmao

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
I’ll throw in two copies.

mill give mine to whoever tell me something interesting about Halo
the Arbiter was originally called the Darvesh, after spiritual guides in Islamic faiths that choose to live in an impoverished life without any material goods in an effort to reach God through humility over illusions of ego, learning the values of loving and serving others rather than of the self
the name was to parallel Vademee's nature after being branded with the Mark of Shame and named Darvesh, losing any and all honour, respect and ego and consistently putting himself far below all of those he fought beside, placing his life on the line several times so the others wouldn't have to
Microsoft chose to have the name changed due to a perceived parallel to the US vs Islam, especially due to it being the early days of the War on Terror

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Gutted that forge won't be in from the immediate start but still highly looking forward to Nebulous game nights on TS with 16 people playing Infection and Big Team Battle.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Is this nebulous becoming a Halo community?

improvise, adapt, evolve
[doublepost=1573825260][/doublepost]Look we’re a clan now, and the only fair way to decide a clan leader is the strongest.

Who’s joining the clan? Rate this post zinger if your clan gang

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
master chief? mind telling me what youre doing on nebulous.cloud?

Sir. Finishing this cp application.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
f7432e83dca476c3b468dc5e9961648a.png