hardest game you ever played

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
mass effect 1 just because the controls were so trash i could only just bare playing it for the story and to be able to say "yeah ive completed all mass effect games"

it wasnt overly difficult to play but i played on the lowest difficulty to spare my sanity

Reactions: List

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
imo games that are all about the difficulty of it (aka "the impossible game" genre) they shouldn't be considered challenging, with exception to games like dark souls

there's a fine line to walk between being unfair but possible to memorise and challenging but requires natural skill

What do you mean by challenging?

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Super Meat Boy is a game I've really been wanting to attempt but I'm not sure if it's worth a play being so old and outdated.
[doublepost=1531506890][/doublepost]
What do you mean by challenging?
Unfair would be like walking around a 90 degree corner and getting slammed in the face. There's a few of these moments in games like Dark Souls, but nothing that destroys the feeling.
Challenging would be going in a straight line and being able to get ready to get slammed in the face. This is what games like Dark Souls are all about.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Super Meat Boy is a game I've really been wanting to attempt but I'm not sure if it's worth a play being so old and outdated.
[doublepost=1531506890][/doublepost]
Unfair would be like walking around a 90 degree corner and getting slammed in the face. There's a few of these moments in games like Dark Souls, but nothing that destroys the feeling.
Challenging would be going in a straight line and being able to get ready to get slammed in the face. This is what games like Dark Souls are all about.

I'd say there are three types of hard games:
-Games that require a very specific pattern that need to be muscle-learned by constantly repeating the level (I wanna be the guy, Get over it, cat Mario and the other games that youtubers play to film themselves while they have a nervous breakdown)
-Games that require you to adapt to the enviroment (Roguelikes and basically normal games but with harsher punishment for failing)
-Games that are simply unbalanced or broken

Dark Souls is between the first and second one, levels don't change that much but with enough attention you can overcome most obstacles or enemies without having the reapeat the same part over and over

Last edited:

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
resident evil 1; both the directors cut for ps1 and the remaster in 2015

contained postal dude

returned, for real this time
Nebulae
Guitar hero and/or Rockband, though I guess it’s just hard until you practice enough to get good