Hardest Games you've played?

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Please do not count games that are purposely meant to be hard, I'm talking about regular games (Console/PC) that just happened to be hard as fuck

So, I think probably the hardest game I've ever played was Devil May Cry 3, American First edition (before they had to make the game easier); It was just straight up impossible to do anything in Dante Mode.

Devil May Cry 3 is said to be the most difficult game in the series, and the original release is often regarded as one of the most difficult games of all time. Enemies and Bosses generally get tougher while the player gets weaker as the difficulty increases. It's also worth noting that the style ranking has a direct impact on the difficulty of the game in terms of enemy patterns and aggressiveness on nearly all counts.

Also, Super Mario 64 was hard as fuck for me, I don't care what anyone says.
I still have the game laying about, I might have a go at it again.

Also, for the SEGA, I have some of my earliest and fondest game related memories, where me, my brother, Dad and GodFather would pair up and try to beat the other team in The House of Dead runs, never actually beat the game. It felt hard as fuck at the time, being only 5 or however old I was.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
legit the boss fights of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, mainly because the Wii remote didn't work properly half the time

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
A few bosses in Kingdom Hearts 2. Even if the first boss, Demyx, is supposed to be a total wuss, he still kicked my ass 20 times because some sequences are on a time limit.

And dont get me started on the final boss Xemnas, because you're forced to fight a giant dragon thing first and every time you die in the boss battle, you have to start over from there if I remember. Then when you fight him, he attacks you INSTANTLY so you have to react quickly or else you will lose HP, and you CAN'T use the special forms, only the combo attacks with Riku, which still isn't that effective.

You also need to stock up on potions and ether for your mana, and you need to react quickly for multiple segments, including:

A giant button mash part where you avoid lasers
Parts when he clones himself
A part where you switch to Riku and have to stop him from draining what remains of your health while fighting another clone.
And pretty much dodge roll through the entire battle and hit when he is not blocking.

I was like 10-11 at the time and it took me fucking months before being greeted with the longest credits list imaginable.

Nebulae
Timesplitters 2 challenges... Some were obscenely hard to complete for gold. Fucking story mode missions...

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae

I failed the mission above fifty times cause Big Smoke has worse aim then me. And cause I crashed into random obstacles most of the times.

Reactions: List

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
I couldn't kill the dragon in Minecraft and I've lost all my diamonds.

._.

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
Dark Souls
demon souls and dark souls 1 definitely are up there
felt like the difficulty was kinda dropped to 2, not sure about 3 because didn't get to play yet :(

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
demon souls and dark souls 1 definitely are up there
felt like the difficulty was kinda dropped to 2, not sure about 3 because didn't get to play yet :(
If you are a new player and you get Souls 3 (like I did) you will get your ass rammed so hard you won't be able to walk straight for the next couple of hours in the opening

They put a boss 10 minutes into the game, two if you count the ice lizard

Shadow.

Quark
Nebulae
Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Resident Evil 1

It took me so long to finish this games.

so long...

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
TLoZ Skyward Sword, controls were awkward and I looked like an idiot playing it but the general challenge was still high but enjoyable.

Dunno of Furi counts since it's purely a boss rush game

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Shark Tale - The Game