Information Help me find/build/buy a new PC

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Also for a budget pc, AMD proc or intel proc? I've been leaning towards AMD since I've never had a problem with the one I use (HAd problems with some AMD GPU's so probably going 1060~ ish)
[doublepost=1490615240][/doublepost]
I'm on £5.70 an hour

Spartan

Banned
Nebulae
If you can afford something like an intel i5, then just go for that.

AMD can be good, but generally you'll come across something less supported by it.

Reactions: List

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Intel is generally better to get and the investment is worth it.

Intel parts are better made, last longer and generally function and are supported best.
Amd are made with generally worse parts and are cheaper due to this, this also is a good reflection of their graphics cards too.

Intel and Nvidia are the guys you should go with, if you go with AMD you will find less support and longevity. but it will be cheaper...

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Intel is generally better to get and the investment is worth it.

Intel parts are better made, last longer and generally function and are supported best.
Amd are made with generally worse parts and are cheaper due to this, this also is a good reflection of their graphics cards too.

Intel and Nvidia are the guys you should go with, if you go with AMD you will find less support and longevity. but it will be cheaper...
I hope ryzen changes this long running stigma tbh.

Stalker

Nebulae
Thoughts?
ece8c5202e.jpg

Stalker

Nebulae
its kind of scary how its completely unknown what company made the gpu
I dunno if this helps but
Graphics Card Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5X 4K Pascal architecture

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if says its an nvidia card
therefore it is produced by nvidia???
nvidia do not build gpus man they just, lets say, design them
the gpus themselves get produced by companies like msi, asus, etc.
so its kind of fishy that they just listed the type of gpu yet left out which company produced it

Stalker

Nebulae
so its kind of fishy that they just listed the type of gpu yet left out which company produced it
From what the description states it's apparently a "The ADMI GTX 1060" so I'm guessing they make it themselves specifically for the pc

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
ah
thought nvidia sold a stock version of every gpu they design then sell the rights to make custom gpu's to other manafacturers
guess not

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
From what the description states it's apparently a "The ADMI GTX 1060" so I'm guessing they make it themselves specifically for the pc
yeah i wouldnt trust that shit, pre-built pcs usually are not to be trusted/overpriced
just take a msi 1060 and an intel i5-6500 cpu
cant really write up an entire build right now because im studying at the same time but when i get time ill look into it

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
that is actually pretty good for 800
gtx 1060 + 1 tb sshd for something for around that price and prebuilt is pretty good

edit: then again, I just saw this on ebay whilst browsing
that's packing an i7, gtx 1070, ssd, and 8gb more ram for 80 more quid + prebuilt
honestly, I'd go for this one if your willing to spend 80 more as you get alot extra
double edit: hey @Stalker just found this one reduced from 1.5k to 900 quid packing a gtx 1080, no ssd or i7 tho

Last edited:

Stalker

Nebulae
Still no luck finding a good pre-built pc but I can bump my budget up to £800 :(

Building my own isn't an option since I live in a small rent a room

Nebulae
I used https://pcpartpicker.com/ to get a good build, I was completely clueless when it came to what to get for a computer, what's good, what works with what etc. There's lots of shit you can peruse there, from complete builds to the actual forums where people post at https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/ and then there are boards where you just need to post your budget, roughly what you want it for, and maybe what parts you have currently.

If you're unsure you could always just post it here for double confirmation. It helped me anyway