hl2rp² feedback thread 2.0²

rob

Nebulae
Funny part is, we have shown this is possible. When K-5 went rouge rebs allowed them inside to negotiate. Only after both sides came to a consensus was K-5 killed, with the body allowed to be recovered after.
yeah, this was cool, I was one of the Vorts
X4LK6Qu.png

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah, this was cool, I was one of the Vorts
X4LK6Qu.png

i think an uneasy alliance between the resistance and cops (not combine) would be peak

make the synths and OTA go rogue due to lack of dispatch contact, deeming everyone hostile
make resistance groups that're bandits, slavers, etc, that dont care about lambda or the war against the combine
make a cult of Freeman

do something that isnt just "today we see the resistance fighting the cops, and sometimes the OTA come in and end the fight abruptly"

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae

headcrab takes a part of me

headcrab lost and never seen

every time i start to believe

something's dropped and taken from me, from me

cops always gotta be messing with me
(you wanna rp it right)
cant they chill and let me be free
(so do i)
cant I take all of these scripts? (you wanna rp it right)
I farm every night in vain, in vain

Sometimes I cannot take this base
Sometimes it's my char I cant play
Sometimes I cannot see cops chase
Youll never see me ragdoll in place

you and i were meant to be
a cheap reb for me to take

feeling like a whitelisted zombie (you wanna rp it right)

feeling like theyll NLR me (so do I)

how many times have they s2ked? (you wanna rp it right)
My premium memberships not free, not free

Sometimes i cannot take this base
Sometimes its my char i cant play
Sometimes i cannot see cops chase
Youll never see me ragdoll in place

Headcrab takes a part of me

headcrabpain01.wav
headcrabpain02.wav
headcrabidle01.wav
headcrabidle02.wav
headcrabattack01.wav
headcrabattack02.wav
zombieidle01.wav
zombieidle02.wav
zombieidle03.wav
zombieidle04.wav
zombiepain01.wav
zombiedeath02.wav GO

S2K headcrab01.wav
!help they zombiedeath01.wav CANT ROLEPLAY
S2K headcrab01.wav
S2K headcrab01.wav
S2K headcrab01.wav
S2K headcrab01.wav

headcrab takes a part of me,

part of me
part of me
part of me

credits to constantdisplay for the idea

I'm more impressed by the velocity of the bullet than anything else.

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
i think an uneasy alliance between the resistance and cops (not combine) would be peak

make the synths and OTA go rogue due to lack of dispatch contact, deeming everyone hostile
make resistance groups that're bandits, rapists, slavers, etc, that dont care about lambda or the war against the combine
make a cult of Freeman

do something that isnt just "today we see the resistance fighting the cops, and sometimes the OTA come in and end the fight abruptly"
We did try that in 24 with the cease fire. Just ended with people, both cop and reb trying to end the cease fire by attacking the other.

Granted, it wasn't nearly on the scale you're talking about. But still.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We did try that in 24 with the cease fire. Just ended with people, both cop and reb trying to end the cease fire by attacking the other.

wouldnt have happened if the cops and rebels had to share the same space instead of agreeing on a neutral zone

Nebulae

i didnt intend the ceasefire to last long tbh

ICly it was a gambit for the combine to buy time for reinforcements from outside the city/clean up the unity center infestation/gather information on active rebels' families (who would have been identified if they helped out in workshifts/were identified by cameras beforehand)

OOCly it was a way to give the players a break from constant one hour skirmishes and let them enjoy interacting with the other side for a week, which worked and people had fun last i checked

imo people trying to push the ceasefire to its limits was the best thing about it, i really enjoyed watching rebels hold semi-armed protests near the bridge to bluff their way into getting territorial concessions & the CP coup attempt on the security council was mental as fuck. then we kept issuing secret directives to OTA to kill rebels out of sight to thin their numbers

tl;dr that situation was meant to be short-lived and exploited by both sides, maxenzie's talking about something more genuine and lasting

Generally Fruity

Proton
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

make resistance groups that're bandits, slavers, etc, that dont care about lambda or the war against the combine
make a cult of Freeman

i had hoped we would take this direction after c14/i17 but alas, one opinion against many is a drop in an ocean. also c14/i17 went too poorly so there was no chance of that anyway

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Most of the time cops are engaging in passive RP inside their hideout. The one time a day they leave base, people complain that something/event was interrupted. So what is the solution?
I would see what the rebels are doing. There’s about… 3 or 4 event series going on right now (Frankfurt pulling off an order 66, Synth Oil Junkies, Infiltration Operations, and freaky Sea-Monsters). Try logging on your staff character and go ham, try reaching out with other GMs and do something with the event server for cops.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
but why dont you do events for cops
Not the finest technique for staff representation ngl. On the serious note; random users on the forums have less freeway GMing an event compared to a SA.

I still think that response was pretty toxic regardless dude.

Last edited:

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Not the finest technique for staff representation ngl. On the serious note; random users on the forums have less freeway to GM event compared to a SA. That response was pretty toxic dude.
im staff lol
apparently

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
oh

why are you staff.
he contributes something very important and critical to the server storyline and lore. genjo moments
hard to do when 90% of the civil protection players who emphasized exactly that were shunted out by people who only come on the server to play shooting gallery: source with 839 tickrate.
goes without saying

Candle

buzz buzz
Nebulae
merge the cops and resistance together and pit them against a greater foe so that the server is no longer built on an antagonistic dichotomy and we can focus on cooperative storytelling against an enemy that is predominantly played by staff.
i still think 'loose alliance' is possible w/ both cp/ota and rebels now, given the massive issues w/ xenians and race x becoming a genuine threat to both parties.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Aside from that, you have to ensure every party is willing to lose, which is near impossible.
i cannot, and will never, understand why this is the case.

there is so much development to be gained from losing. so much. so fucking much.

it's to the point now where if somebody refuses to lose on an ooc level i pretty much just automatically assume they aren't here for the RP, they're just here to fucking win and they dont give a fuck about their char's own dev

it's infuriating

fuck you if you don't like losing