HL2RP² Lore Questions Thread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
the actual dates of invasion etc, won't be

any occurrences from old iterations you wanna carry over (within reason) can go ahead to fit character backstory (like some big civil authority figures, events that happened, anything like that)

Wondering how all those CA characters ended 💀💀💀

Edit: itd be cool to know what happened to the chars of people who had CA, how they would've liked their chars to end up after the citadel incident of c17 and stuff

Reactions: List

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
a7WLOme.png

credits to @Lewis!

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Edit: itd be cool to know what happened to the chars of people who had CA, how they would've liked their chars to end up after the citadel incident of c17 and stuff
jk but it'd be hella cool if people brought their CAB character back (those who survived) but as some wasteland wanderer or war refugee or something

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not a lore question but i dont see a roleplay question page

I'm concerned about the long-term character development prospects for combine players since the eventual end-goal is that you become an OTA and effectively wipe most chardev via memory wipes

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
not a lore question but i dont see a roleplay question page

I'm concerned about the long-term character development prospects for combine players since the eventual end-goal is that you become an OTA and effectively wipe most chardev via memory wipes
you either go rogue, or you end up a husk of what you were before. admittedly, the main appeal of the faction is getting to play that dehumanization out in the first place. a lot of people want to jump on the opportunity to play soldiers, and characters aren't meant to last forever

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
you either go rogue, or you end up a husk of what you were before. admittedly, the main appeal of the faction is getting to play that dehumanization out in the first place. a lot of people want to jump on the opportunity to play soldiers, and characters aren't meant to last forever
some could even want to end up only as a phase 1 grunt who still has some human traits left but is basicly a mindwashed soldier for a multi-universe empire who got encircled on some dump

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

but since you have to apply to become a soldier, you could theoretically just never apply and forever remain a civpro?

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
but since you have to apply to become a soldier, you could theoretically just never apply and forever remain a civpro?
phase 1 grunt doesn't require application, it is based on in game actions so basicly if you wanna be a civpro forever go RL

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
no, because that's applying to become the second phase soldier (standard hl2) - applying for civil protection means you will get to play the first phase (alyx esque grunt soldiers)

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
no, because that's applying to become the second phase soldier (standard hl2) - applying for civil protection means you will get to play the first phase (alyx esque grunt soldiers)

oh

not keen on what is effectively a time-imposed character death via promotion

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the eventual end-goal is that you become an OTA and effectively wipe most chardev via memory wipe
thats what the Advisors want us to think 😏

Nebulae
can OTA work against combine? looks kind of impossible since combine wipes their human memory but would be cool if it was possible
like in Entropy Zero

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i mean unless im wrong there's quite a diff between grunt and soldier in terms of personality/etc

aye but you're still losing a good portion of your character even at the grunt phase

specifically you lose "attachments and conflicts that interfered with duty in their old lives"
to me this reads as you just losing memory of every character you've met that isn't a cop or grunt

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
aye but you're still losing a good portion of your character even at the grunt phase

specifically you lose "attachments and conflicts that interfered with duty in their old lives"
to me this reads as you just losing memory of every character you've met that isn't a cop or grunt
pretty much, it is the death of a character in a way. there is no beating around the bush

that's what we were selling when it came to the combine side when i first pitched this idea months ago, no reason to change it now

Nebulae

isn't this simply solved by the fact that you are choosing to get into this faction, knowing it works like this?

if you want your character to be permanently the same just play rebel or apply to be a rank leader or go rogue theres plenty of options on the table & its better than narrative stagnation imo

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
pretty much, it is the death of a character in a way. there is no beating around the bush

that's what we were selling when it came to the combine side when i first pitched this idea months ago, no reason to change it now

i wont tell you to change it, its just not my cup of tea

i mean in truth I'm opposed to adversarial roleplay in general and it seems the server is cooking up to primarily be rebels vs combine so its not like my input matters much

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
i wont tell you to change it, its just not my cup of tea

i mean in truth I'm opposed to adversarial roleplay in general and it seems the server is cooking up to primarily be rebels vs combine so its not like my input matters much
conflict will always breed the most amount of fun, because it gives purpose. why do we passive all this time and create connections and set ourselves up with gear if not to actually go out and have a conflict? Every action story has a enemy, and your end goal is to eliminate this enemy. why make it different here?