HL2RP² Quotes

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
literally couldn't bring a bottle of soda past security without it getting IC checked for drugs or poison

it was nuts
I think if it's something like that, there should be an IC 'resource' requirement or something.

Say, you can check X individuals, so it requires suspicious stuff / only checking certain individuals thoroughly, and others only just a strip-search.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
ngl i always thought that was just kinda unfun bullshit hand-waving

at most you should've had a metal detector or some shite, otherwise it's just sounds stupid

In some ways I kinda get it though.

This was still the point where CAB was heavily invested in RPing with everyone else, and as funny as the assbomb was I wouldn't have wanted to deal with that sort of thing every time because someone argued they put plastic explosive in their shoe (It Did Not Set Off The Metal Detectors).

Reactions: List

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
In some ways I kinda get it though.

This was still the point where CAB was heavily invested in RPing with everyone else, and as funny as the assbomb was I wouldn't have wanted to deal with that sort of thing every time because someone argued they put plastic explosive in their shoe (It Did Not Set Off The Metal Detectors).
I get it but, surely it could've been approached in a different way?

Assbombs weren't ever really done by highly developed characters except in exceptional circumstances in my experience, so many random frisking of newer players and otherwise, maybe?

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
See, metal detectors would have made sense.

The random catch-all chemical detecting strips that proselytes used to test for drugs/poison in stuff was bizarre.

The headcops telling me directly that all the entrances were 'ICly' rigged with cameras to track literally every move, systems to scan non-senators for all kinds of stuff, and stockpiles of antidotes for nerve agents was just insane.

That's why I had to take that 2L bottle of nitroglycerine into the Senate hall myself, literally anyone else would have triggered the 'IC' systems and been discovered in a flat 2 seconds.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
image.png

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
Franklin Weaver radios on 333.7: "Frank here; We got reinforcements coming in from Prospekt. Friendlies -- we're here to help."
Lt. Frank 'Frankfurt' Steiner radios on 333.7: "Real Frank speaking, who are you?"
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
[A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] says "My God. Is that a piano?"
*** [A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] barely seems to notice the guy talking to him. His gaze is glued on the piano. Without asking for invitation, he gets much closer; almost uncomfortably.
*** [A gaunt, middle-aged American vagabond.] pauses, head lifting slightly at the question. A momentary, soundless glance to either side.
*** Decker Latham has his thought yanked from contemplation as a skeptical, almost rhetorical question flies from the far left of their seats. Another bystander, one who approaches to near breathing distance with a shotgun in two hands. Almost out of reflex, a finger settles near his SLR before relaxing.

Decker Latham says "... yes, it's a piano."
[A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] says "Do you do requests? Do you...you know songs? AHA? Take on Me?"
*** [A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] lifts his visor, letting his shotgun hang by its sling. His single eye darts back to the piano, and he cant help but put his left hand on the wooden surface, feeling it. He's almost groping it.
*** [A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] has some strange glassy eyed expression now, as if taken over by memories. His fingers find a small patch of dust, and it's hard to tell what the exact expression on his face is, but it's the same look an old man gets in recouting a story.
*** Okay, now, -that- question earns the newcomer a proper glance from the impromptu pianist. A sullen, heavy-lidded stare, thin lips pressed into a grimace.
*** Decker Latham stares at the riot helmet wearing figure, a stare reserved for clueless restaurant guests and those who dare talk loudly on their mobile phones in the rational terminal queue. Full tilt, sullen and bordering on outright annoyance.

@OneClassyBanana

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
[A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] says "My God. Is that a piano?"
*** [A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] barely seems to notice the guy talking to him. His gaze is glued on the piano. Without asking for invitation, he gets much closer; almost uncomfortably.
*** [A gaunt, middle-aged American vagabond.] pauses, head lifting slightly at the question. A momentary, soundless glance to either side.
*** Decker Latham has his thought yanked from contemplation as a skeptical, almost rhetorical question flies from the far left of their seats. Another bystander, one who approaches to near breathing distance with a shotgun in two hands. Almost out of reflex, a finger settles near his SLR before relaxing.

Decker Latham says "... yes, it's a piano."
[A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] says "Do you do requests? Do you...you know songs? AHA? Take on Me?"
*** [A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] lifts his visor, letting his shotgun hang by its sling. His single eye darts back to the piano, and he cant help but put his left hand on the wooden surface, feeling it. He's almost groping it.
*** [A rugged looking man with a thick fiv...] has some strange glassy eyed expression now, as if taken over by memories. His fingers find a small patch of dust, and it's hard to tell what the exact expression on his face is, but it's the same look an old man gets in recouting a story.
*** Okay, now, -that- question earns the newcomer a proper glance from the impromptu pianist. A sullen, heavy-lidded stare, thin lips pressed into a grimace.
*** Decker Latham stares at the riot helmet wearing figure, a stare reserved for clueless restaurant guests and those who dare talk loudly on their mobile phones in the rational terminal queue. Full tilt, sullen and bordering on outright annoyance.

@OneClassyBanana
All fairness, the AHA request ended up being one of the most touching parts of the evening.