Nebulae
Warren Barr says "So... Hun', right?"
Warren Barr says "Or am I remembering wrong?"
Hyun Yong-Sun says "... Did you really just call me hun?"

@Ricsow is gay
20230328192659_1.jpg

@Anti-tankspy is cringe

Nebulae

Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "An incident at District 1 bridge occurred at roughly 22:00 hours Geneva Standard. A temporary compromise of the armistice."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "We have now confirmed this to be the actions of two high-ranking officers in the Civil Protection; a deliberate attempt to undermine peace and progress within our sector."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Syndey Ashford, Alexander Goran. These are the real names of the traitors that once festered in our ranks. The ring-leaders of dissent and counter-collaboration."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "As of this moment, these names no longer exist in our records. These people no longer exist to harm you, nor us."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "I address the congregation that reside on the other side of the bridge: The situation has been resolved. For good. Let your minds be at ease about any more instigators in our ranks."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "We keep our word. We respond to violators. We maintain confidence in you to reciprocate. Let it be settled at that."

Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "And now, I address the valiant men and women of Civil Protection:"
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Your leaders' actions have not sullied you. You remain in the good graces of Overwatch. We have confidence in you to carry on the work they have faltered in."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Let this be the clearest reminder of who wields the advisorial mandate. Who speaks for the interests of Our Benefactors. Who decides what is, and isn't conspiracy."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "When we speak of peace, the Combine speaks of peace. When we call for war - that is when you mobilize. No sooner, no later."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "When you act independently of this, you are autonomous."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Religious worship of obsolete operational doctrines, overemphasis on conflict escalation without the authorization of the Security Council - these are the hallmarks of magical thinking. Any one of you displaying them will be dealt with summarily."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Those who undertake desertion will have bounties placed on their heads. Resistance members who turn them back to our care will be rewarded generously."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "You have been compromised through extensive service. Several wastelands, unacceptable fighting conditions. Many of you are scarred. You are loyal - but you have lost your way."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "It is time to return to civilized society. To remember who you answer to. Do not squint and avert your eyes from the light - embrace it."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Trust us. We will heal those wounds."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "The council has spoken."

we are so fucking back

Last edited:

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "An incident at District 1 bridge occurred at roughly 22:00 hours Geneva Standard. A temporary compromise of the armistice."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "We have now confirmed this to be the actions of two high-ranking officers in the Civil Protection; a deliberate attempt to undermine peace and progress within our sector."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Syndey Ashford, Alexander Goran. These are the real names of the traitors that once festered in our ranks. The ring-leaders of dissent and counter-collaboration."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "As of this moment, these names no longer exist in our records. These people no longer exist to harm you, nor us."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "I address the congregation that reside on the other side of the bridge: The situation has been resolved. For good. Let your minds be at ease about any more instigators in our ranks."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "We keep our word. We respond to violators. We maintain confidence in you to reciprocate. Let it be settled at that."

Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "And now, I address the valiant men and women of Civil Protection:"
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Your leaders' actions have not sullied you. You remain in the good graces of Overwatch. We have confidence in you to carry on the work they have faltered in."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Let this be the clearest reminder of who wields the advisorial mandate. Who speaks for the interests of Our Benefactors. Who decides what is, and isn't conspiracy."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "When we speak of peace, the Combine speaks of peace. When we call for war - that is when you mobilize. No sooner, no later."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "When you act independently of this, you are autonomous."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Religious worship of obsolete operational doctrines, overemphasis on conflict escalation without the authorization of the Security Council - these are the hallmarks of magical thinking. Any one of you displaying them will be dealt with summarily."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Those who undertake desertion will have bounties placed on their heads. Resistance members who turn them back to our care will be rewarded generously."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "You have been compromised through extensive service. Several wastelands, unacceptable fighting conditions. Many of you are scarred. You are loyal - but you have lost your way."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "It is time to return to civilized society. To remember who you answer to. Do not squint and avert your eyes from the light - embrace it."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "Trust us. We will heal those wounds."
Councillor Katerina Kuskova broadcasts "The council has spoken."

we are so fucking back

gunna-fire-writing-heat-gif-25524005.gif

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Head Councillor Mearsheimer says "Right, Miss Susan, was it?"
*** [A combine soldier with a rugged suit ...] looks back to Maria.
*** Head Councillor Mearsheimer lays his hand upon Maria's shoulder like any creepy old man holding political office would so naturally do.
*** Councillor Darius Estrada makes a mental note to check if Mearsheimer was on the Breen's Island flight logs, spooning his remaining chicken.

@PeaceAndMagick89

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Head Councillor Mearsheimer says "Right, Miss Susan, was it?"
*** [A combine soldier with a rugged suit ...] looks back to Maria.
*** Head Councillor Mearsheimer lays his hand upon Maria's shoulder like any creepy old man holding political office would so naturally do.
*** Councillor Darius Estrada makes a mental note to check if Mearsheimer was on the Breen's Island flight logs, spooning his remaining chicken.

@PeaceAndMagick89
uh oh

Uh Oh

UH OH

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
(01:50:01) Councillor Amaziah Onobanjo says "You make me feel safe."
(01:50:07) S06:SDR-1.SWORD-4 says "<:: Just doing my job. ::>"
(01:50:13) Councillor Amaziah Onobanjo says "I love you doing your job."

:)

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae

The city speakers crackle to life, pausing for a few moments before the distinct voice of a New Yorker spits a few words out, Mearsheimer speaking.

Nebulae

The city speakers blare out, screens across the city hijacked and flickering with the portrait of a shackled Vortigaunt, Combine weaponry held tightly to synthetic bodies around it. It's Abe, the Vortigaunt made resistance collateral for the Ceasefire. Uninjured. He hesitates before speaking, stammering out the beginning of a sentence.

'I as-- I assume we're live? Yes, no? I see no light. Ah, good.' Abe coughs. 'I am disappointed.'

'Disappointed in your inaction. Where some would call it conspiracy, I'd call it a failure on your own part. I did the work, myself and others. Risk, involvement in the people. That is where all of your lives have failed.' Abe looks square into the camera. 'You have no care for the people you intend to save, clean, and liberate.'

'A true failure, much to the chagrin of the Combine. Myself and others risk their lives in some form of last-ditch attempt to have some form of face, some form of giving back to you. You throw us away, ask us to tend to the wounded, and act as if we are nothing more than walking missile batteries.'

'Never needing to be armed, never needing more than what we ask for. We, ourselves, follow-through on the simplest of requests, and you cannot even grant us the simplest of care. No food tossed over the walls, no radios tossed over to communicate a means of escape. Disappointment is the only word in your language to describe it. I pray that each and every one of you whom seeks nothing more than to throw your lives away in this conflict can understand even a word of what we mean by it.'

'You have failed, almost entirely. The city burns, and all you have to show is an armistice to allow the properly-equipped enemy you have to alleviate the threat that would wipe you out. From a lack of training to a lack of care, you have all... done....' His head buggers, a pause. A sigh.

'Nothing.'

'You care so little. This city would burn to a crisp, alleys of rubble and streets of debris, and you would move along. Acting as if it was true victory. I regret never taking them on the offer to retire to the hills of this area, Odessa, or the forests of seventeen. It would have seen us succeed far more than we could have here.'

'This is Abe speaking, and I am disappointed. That, truly, is all I may offer any of you. I expected better.' Abe looks past the camera, speaking across it.

'That's all.'

The screen goes to black on all official casts and screens. It continues playing across the bridge, across everywhere else.

The footage cuts to Abe's final drainage cycle.

The procedure is swift. It is not automated, but it seemed surgical enough to the blind eye. A simple cut, a whirr of a drill and a cut into the skull, followed by a scan, a peek at a screen and a black, sleek syringe, it was automated from there.

Abe's body seemed to react slower and slower, each response more drastic. He grew pale, shriveled up, muscles deflating, body shrinking, skin wrinkling. Abe seemed to age in mere seconds, an elder body only creasing further as what remained of its youth and vigor was seeped out of it. What once was, no longer existed. Abe was gone.

The camera shakes briefly, the contents of the procedure on quiet display, before the footage turns to black.

@FreeSpy and @PeaceAndMagick89 /event writing.

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
*** Councillor William Keller turns around looking at the soldier on the right, grimacing at their dirty uniform
Councillor William Keller says "Clean yourself, soldier. Sheesh."
[A phase one Overwatch soldier, within...] says "<:: No. ::>"
Councillor Katerina Kuskova says "Oh, look at that. He's gone rogue with hygiene."
*** Councillor Katerina Kuskova snorts.

@Appetite Ruining Kebab