Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
esp when it was over one dude lol
We gave six minutes for you guys to hand that "one dude" over and instead got a flashbang, 4 smokes, and 4 grenades lobbed at us

we didn't even rocket or anything until the time we gave you was up

Reactions: List

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
For context, this one guy didn't ambush a patrol, he took a rifle, parked himself All the way near the end of the road hill and two-dinked a unit standing in a watch tower while we were dealing with a zombie attack inside, the compound of our base then ran all the way back to Shanty,

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
For context, this one guy didn't ambush a patrol, he took a rifle, parked himself All the way near the end of the road hill and two-dinked a unit standing in a watch tower while we were dealing with a zombie attack inside, the compound of our base then ran all the way back to Shanty,
I dealt with him.

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
attacking a base while never leaving the APC when we don't have dick to disable it is lame.

esp when it was over one dude lol
Punishing all the rebels from the action of one man is bad,

Punishing all the rebels for the actions they take as a group is justified when they're given a choice to avoid violence

Sewer rebels used to murder people who shot cop and bring teams down into the sewers, I don't see why it should be any different when they bring a CP force to the gates of shanty town.
Your character is more than welcome to not engage in the firefight. They can hide and avoid getting hit by any fragments/rockets/grenades. They can choose not to waste ammo. They can choose not to waste armor. They can choose not to be in the shanty town and remain completely unassociated from the collective.

Edit: If you are worried about being persecuted for the actions of others, don't hang around them lol

Last edited:

Brandon_

Nebulae
I dealt with him.
Based Deathwolf being the middleman of CP/rebel negotiations relationship, shame it didn't happen sooner before they started chucking grenades at the APC, I wouldn't have bungled the walls down otherwise.

Best I can off you is the head crab meat from the canisters

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
tbh I think killing rebels for bringing CPs to a rebel base during the middle of a war is a bit goofy aaaa

it's a city RP type mentality. you aren't hunkering down in the sewers barely scraping by and trying to stay secretive. you are in a war.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i feel like most of these arguments can just be boiled down to rebels sowing vs rebels reaping, and vice versa lol

Brandon_

Nebulae
This problem stems from the fact that are thus.

The requirements to attack the combine base requires only 6 units on

Killing/attacking a unit will obviously bring out a response for them to try and get the guy

Said search becomes impossible if they run all the way back to shanty town, an OOC protected zone that requires specific SD auths to attack/approach as the combine

Rebels killing rebels for coming back to the shanty with an army on his heels is justified, that's the consequence, you've got to learn to risk it by fighting on your own against the search party running after you without the aid of a base because you wanted to solo base attack.

I doubt the precedent has been set to kill base attackers so long as they stay away while CP's are gunning for him.
Not everybody in Shanty town is part of the rebel army, it's a camp that also houses unarmed refugees

Brandon_

Nebulae
tbh I think killing rebels for bringing CPs to a rebel base during the middle of a war is a bit goofy aaaa

it's a city RP type mentality. you aren't hunkering down in the sewers barely scraping by and trying to stay secretive. you are in a war.
How do you separate the people who don't want to get the me /RIPS BACK THE TRIGGER in a zone that's primarily for passive/roleplay?

You would either have to lift the SD auth rule on shanty or you'll have to get SD auth as a rebel to attack the combine base.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
honestly the shanty town being regarded as a OOC safe space has led to a lot of very obviously OOCly charged plans of attack
the equivalent of an all-out assault that, the moment it goes poorly, everyone scuttles like cockroaches to their town and say "cree" when the cops arrive with hopes to retaliate

honestly my take is remove the OOC safety net, at least whenever rebels do something so outwardly aggressive that the only reasonable response is for the combine to go "no enough's enough" and stomp them out

have 1-3 backup bases at any point (reclaiming the cave for example) so that the rebels are never entirely killed off
but yeah honestly it fucks up my immersion to see 20-odd rebels standing outside going "heh we're gonna commit acts of domestic terrorism :3" and then get upset when combine DARE to venture on their front door, moments after literally zerg rushing the combine base

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
have 1-3 backup bases at any point (reclaiming the cave for example) so that the rebels are never entirely killed off
but yeah honestly it fucks up my immersion to see 20-odd rebels standing outside going "heh we're gonna commit acts of domestic terrorism :3" and then get upset when combine DARE to venture on their front door, moments after literally zerg rushing the combine base
But it wasn't because we Zerg rushed, it was the act of one man, apparently

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
But it wasn't because we Zerg rushed, it was the act of one man, apparently

i was talkin about in general, i wasn't on for this specific instance
but i do remember watching from the town as 20-odd rebels ran straight into a combine outpost, murdered everyone and then ran back

like how do you not expect the combine to just send a squad of hunters straight into your town after that

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
POV: You've just returned home from your date after pondering the lore of Half-Life 2 and have 13 notifications
community-donald-glover.gif

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

I'd argue the reverse imo.

Having a full PT roll up on an unprepared town who had no warning because one person decided to snipe cops and take off running which could end in mass death should absolutely be punished, because cops can't know if its just one man or a coordinated attack/bait.

If you wanna bring down that heat when nobody is ready as a solo act, you deserve to take a bullet because the alternative is, well, what happened.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd argue the reverse imo.

Having a full PT roll up on an unprepared town who had no warning because one person decided to snipe cops and take off running which could end in mass death should absolutely be punished, because cops can't know if its just one man or a coordinated attack/bait.

If you wanna bring down that heat when nobody is ready as a solo act, you deserve to take a bullet because the alternative is, well, what happened.

aye

if you think its goofy to kill rebels for bringing cops to your front doorstep, then don't worry
just kill the cops that come to your doorstep
over and over again

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
who was driving the apc btw?
did i manage to hit it with my nade throw? lol