Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
somebody complained in op chat at length about how "it's biolocked!!!" and so for like 15 minutes after you did this btw

If that's what you always tell players, constantly, over the span of years, and then you change the rules of the game on the go the way you see fit without telling them in advance, then of course they're going to complain.

Like I really don't see how it's their fault. Shouldn't the players have trusted staff to not switch up stuff without even warning first?

The APC couldn't even be driven by the player who stole it themselves, meaning it's not just ICly (or not anymore at least going by this sudden change of plans) but OOCly meant to be like that. Was it their fault for not guessing something that was technically impossible could happen?

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae

IMG_4461.png

Still relevant btw

Thank fuck its the weekend

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i realize now that the staff team for this iteration is a bunch of coked up madmen

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
are you telling me it had to be physgunned away by staff or driven by staff away?
staff ignoring the lore we've used for years and the implemented code measures to help a rebel player exploit a glitch which caused the passenger-only hatch to be open so that they can take over the APC (get physgunned across the map)?
damn that's crazy

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
AdlCy1i.png

'be not afraid unless you see me connecting' he says

little does he know i will connect at the same time so i can mob a hunter and sell it for 10 aks

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
staff ignoring the lore we've used for years and the implemented code measures to help a rebel player exploit a glitch which caused the passenger-only hatch to be open so that they can take over the APC (get physgunned across the map)?
damn that's crazy
I'm sure there are more constructive ways of giving feedback about this, I'd rather not see people revert to having animosity any time there's some sort of disagreement or difference of opinion

I'm not saying your criticism isn't valid, by the way.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm sure there are more constructive ways of giving feedback about this, I'd rather not see people revert to having animosity any time there's some sort of disagreement or difference of opinion

I'm not saying your criticism isn't valid, by the way.
tbf “the lore we’ve used for years” means literally fuck all

this is a new iteration
staff, numbers, etc, has literally every right to say “that’s not the lore in this iteration”

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
tbf “the lore we’ve used for years” means literally fuck all

this is a new iteration
staff, numbers, etc, has literally every right to say “that’s not the lore in this iteration”
I was going to say something similar, yeah. I wasn't really looking to act like I was arguing on behalf of the HL2 staff or saying the criticism given was invalid; rather I wanted to put across my thoughts on how we give and take criticism since it's a big problem we've had in the past and when it's antagonistic (Not saying that simman was hugely antagonistic, just a bit), it leads to burn out very quickly and I really do not want that.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was going to say something similar, yeah. I wasn't really looking to act like I was arguing on behalf of the HL2 staff or saying the criticism given was invalid; rather I wanted to put across my thoughts on how we give and take criticism since it's a big problem we've had in the past and when it's antagonistic (Not saying that simman was hugely antagonistic, just a bit), it leads to burn out very quickly and I really do not want that.
Yeah no worries mate no harm in trying to stop shit escalating