Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
homies coming up with lore explanations for things that don't even work 💀

I'm sure there are more constructive ways of giving feedback about this, I'd rather not see people revert to having animosity any time there's some sort of disagreement or difference of opinion
I don't think that post was very antagonistic because I haven't named any names, but I hope you understand that there's a constant illusion of the server being rigged against us

Events getting extended for rebels to give them ten chances at rushing us, guns being toolgunned out of existence so we can't get them even when we lose our own in the fight, grenades thrown at us out of observer, event rebel characters who spawn themselves ammo mid-s2k, getting nerfed every single fight we win, the general weapon imbalance between the two factions, VORTS VORTS VORTS, being outnumbered every fight, the recent APC incident

I generally don't complain publicly when the fights are relatively fair (even if it's the most active ota players playing event rebels and rushing me with a shotgun......) but there's a level of OOC attrition we all experience, so posts like this are bound to crop up. I was just making a throwback shitpost anyway, as I said I'm not mad about the situation because the APC was destroyed so I'm not filing a report or anything

Last edited:
Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I hope you understand that there's a constant illusion of the server being rigged against us
gbxbgii.png

yeah man nothing goes the cops ways! they dont have amy advamntages at all!

ignore the bottom picture i posted just testing a new imagine uploader haha : )
(wow look at all these combine utilities! think the rebels have one of each too!)

VGq6dvH.png

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
VORTS VORTS VORTS
Just to let you know that we can panic as much as you guys on our side of any given firefight. None of the greenies are s2k legends, and I can confirm that panic jitter has more often than afflicted my ability to aim beams properly. We're not truly immune to gunfire even around the distance of the fog limit - I've gotten hit plenty from stray bullets around these ranges. Any distance where I can reliably see the enemy and take aim, they can very easily whittle down my HP or even just gun me down.

Plus, rebels are lucky to even have two vorts for any major firefight. The faction seems to be suffering some major activity attrition, and we barely scrounged up four vorts for something as minor as a meeting last night. Trust me, I fear you guys as much as you might fear us.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just to let you know that we can panic as much as you guys on our side of any given firefight. None of the greenies are s2k legends, and I can confirm that panic jitter has more often than afflicted my ability to aim beams properly. We're not truly immune to gunfire even around the distance of the fog limit - I've gotten hit plenty from stray bullets around these ranges. Any distance where I can reliably see the enemy and take aim, they can very easily whittle down my HP or even just gun me down.

Plus, rebels are lucky to even have two vorts for any major firefight. The faction seems to be suffering some major activity attrition, and we barely scrounged up four vorts for something as minor as a meeting last night. Trust me, I fear you guys as much as you might fear us.
To be fair as a cop player I can attest that myself and everybody else is very scared to even peak a vort because they have what is essentially a vortessence AWP

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
here you go buddy
jAhKeSL.png
using this for my bio i hope u dont mind
its gonna be a bunch of images of red barrels rolling with oil leaks and firebeing ignited and like jumping povs with mp7 being fired by him with like, a really happy song by blur on the title

and there will be no words in the bio as well so its not really a bio just some really awe inspiring pictures with some really happy music to emphasize how much of a good time the character's having doing all of these activities in a subtle way

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
using this for my bio i hope u dont mind
its gonna be a bunch of images of red barrels rolling with oil leaks and firebeing ignited and like jumping povs with mp7 being fired by him with like, a really happy song by blur on the title

and there will be no words in the bio as well so its not really a bio just some really awe inspiring pictures with some really happy music to emphasize how much of a good time the character's having doing all of these activities in a subtle way
signed by john

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Given the sheer number of blood vessels @Numbers popped across Helix regarding balances and stuff for the Combine I don't think the server is remotely designed to be biased against cops lol.

But also you can always augment cops through the numerous things like synthetics or vehicles on the fly. You can't do that to rebels.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
But also you can always augment cops through the numerous things like synthetics or vehicles on the fly. You can't do that to rebels.
the only air support the insurgents will ever get is if someone builds and then straps wings to an airboat

hang glider combat

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
the only air support the insurgents will ever get is if someone builds and then straps wings to an airboat

hang glider combat
Someone remodelled an hunter chopper into something looks like an apache.

You guys *could* have air-support, question is if you should

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
To go back a few pages (since we're still on the subject):

If that's what you always tell players, constantly, over the span of years, and then you change the rules of the game on the go the way you see fit without telling them in advance, then of course they're going to complain.

Like I really don't see how it's their fault. Shouldn't the players have trusted staff to not switch up stuff without even warning first?
this is a new iteration
staff, numbers, etc, has literally every right to say “that’s not the lore in this iteration”

I think both of these statements are correct.

You can redefine what the lore means for the server, just be sure to communicate it clearly where it's needed.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
But also you can always augment cops through the numerous things like synthetics or vehicles on the fly.
see, this kinda talk is coming from the lack of clear divison of Combine vs Civil Protection which I already mentioned in another thread

cops have 100/100 hp/armor and an mp7 in best case scenario. it is completely out of our power whether OTA are flagged on or whether some staff member will feel like using any "asset" to help us - we can't even use APCs anymore unless it gets authorized (and everything is getting more and more restricted day by day).
I tried asking for available synths once, got told strider, hunter and crab, then proceeded to ask for each one individually and was denied on all of them

So, yes. Narrative-wise it's very easy to bail us out, but in day-to-day gameplay we are completely bodied on every front. This is why you're hearing complaints from both sides.