Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
at least we got REMASTERED HUNT DOWN THE FUCKER
blue shift remake isn't finished yet
decay remake isn't finished yet
opfor remake is still stuck in development hell (?)

but people want to throw effort at putting lipstick on a turd

wonderful

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

but people want to throw effort at putting lipstick on a turd

wonderful
Last time i checked that project is largely former hdtf devs wanting to make something good out of their time on the project after their lead pushed them under a bus and ran for activision.

Besides, not your devs or time to dictate.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Guard Duty and Operation Black Mesa are made by the same people, Tripmine Studios. They post updates more regularly on their Discord server compared to the ModDB pages.
Peer Review has a much larger undertaking ahead of it. Decay is kind of a hot mess, let's be honest, so PSR Digital has to spend a significant amount of time and effort utterly deconstructing the source material to make the remake bearable and playable.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Last time i checked that project is largely former hdtf devs wanting to make something good out of their time on the project after their lead pushed them under a bus and ran for activision.
Then I hope they throw away all the stolen assets that weren't licensed to be used and start without them, while also removing content from people who don't want their stuff involved. That includes the workshop content that was not granted permission, stolen .vmfs, work by third parties like zigbomb who weren't consulted about their stuff, voice actors who want to back out, etc.

And after all that, you're left with abysmal fanfiction tier writing and a grotesque amalgamation of content that needs to be redone to the point where it's frankly better to go from near scratch. If they want to spend their time on such things, that's their choice but given the shitpiece is responsible for valve's TOS changes the """"game""""'s an insult to other source projects by product of it's existence, changes or not.

Besides, not your devs or time to dictate.
Never said it was, but nothing prohibits me from lamenting that people want to waste time on Berkan's fuckup instead of working on new ideas. We could have another Dark Interval or even goldsource creativity instead of effort being dumped into paid abandonware that only existed as a get-rich scheme.

Guard Duty and Operation Black Mesa
I was referencing the HECU Collective project for the former.

Point remains that OBM has been through two prior cancellations and that asset sharing for both games hasn't exactly solved development time, we're years away from anything and at most we've seen part of one chapter (crush depth) in an almost finished state.

Peer Review has a much larger undertaking ahead of it.
Based on what we've been shown it's the most complete right now out of the three listed remakes, although there won't be a demo release.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
If they want to spend their time on such things, that's their choice but given the shitpiece is responsible for valve's TOS changes the """"game""""'s an insult to other source projects by product of it's existence, changes or not.
as much as HDTF was made, it wasn't responsible for Valve's TOS. It'd be some of the people from Facepunch Forums leaking source codes and hacking/threatening contractors for hl2 "beta" assets. Valve would care less about a poorly made HL2 mod being released through their storepage.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
It'd be some of the people from Facepunch Forums leaking source codes and hacking/threatening contractors for hl2 "beta" assets.
Missing Information was in 2008, original facepunch leaks were between 2011 - 2016. HDTF released in 2018.

Former two did not lead to ToS changes when they originally happened, even the facepunch leaks only altered valve repository conditions, they didn't change the conditions for publishing 'half life affiliated' paid mods or greenlight.

Valve would care less about a poorly made HL2 mod being released through their storepage.
A mod is one thing, a paid game is an entirely different matter with far reaching standards.

Hunt Down the Freedman is a paid mod with a havok license and repo access. It required (then and now) you to fork out cash.
World of difference between that and something like a campaign mod that doesn't change even the base assets, and is free.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
One would think if Valve had a game they were not happy about and said game had stolen assets and as thus multiple lawsuits, they'd remove it from their (very own) Store page on their (very own) Steam application.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
image.png

Bucharest is the craziest map I played on this iteration. Despite the drama, despite the pain, and dispite the population swings, I enjoyed the roleplay and the sheer dedication to make to make the best out of this map. I'm happy we came together and done our damnedest to save CJ and Romania from Dah Evil Marshall. May we all see each other in the next map!

Cheers to everyone! Cheers to Numbers!

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
wqg0pq.jpg

I often wonder what he thinks about being the main character of that toilet SFM gen alpha thing

His kids or grandkids probably watch it