Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
the ota are nerfed beyond old ones' recognition, this is a bit of a hyperbole.

many of the synthetics often s2m and are predetermined outcomes that rebel rp has planned around in the past while still being successful to the realistic goals they set

right now, the way i see it, your goal is "kill the synth" - then what? youve killed one robot with a bomb, but your overall tactics still suck. the place is still relatively lawless. rebels are pretty divided on consensus. so how is killing synths gonna fix that?
war crimes bring stability yes

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the ota are nerfed beyond old ones' recognition, this is a bit of a hyperbole.

many of the synthetics often s2m and are predetermined outcomes that rebel rp has planned around in the past while still being successful to the realistic goals they set

right now, the way i see it, your goal is "kill the synth" - then what? youve killed one robot with a bomb, but your overall tactics still suck. the place is still relatively lawless. rebels are pretty divided on consensus. so how is killing synths gonna fix that?
We just wanted some breathing space to actually be able to plan something, we’re pretty locked down until we do something about the synths since any offensive action we try usually get met with synths and heavy casualties

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
We just wanted some breathing space to actually be able to plan something, we’re pretty locked down until we do something about the synths since any offensive action we try usually get met with synths and heavy casualties
go to shanty town with your group, form a circle and start talking, or discuss it over a radio frequency if you're positioned apart from each other. don't plan while you're outside and have to act - because that's the vibe I'm getting from what you just described

in my experience synths literally go out maybe four times a day max and mostly s2m unless you behave extra boldly - literally for the most part they exist as flavor, unless you provoke them or it's dropship transport. it's the cops and ota that are routing u rn

we have literally even tried nerfing the cops to limited number deployments, limited ammunition reserves limited armor limited apc to ordinal only and you are still losing. so they are definitely not the issue right now - therefore i have changed it back to normal after that little experiment

Nebulae
assume that you had experienced a lovely plan that worked out

wear the feeling of it, and think from it
stay true to the feeling

see what happens

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
20230122_175720.jpg

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
go to shanty town with your group, form a circle and start talking, or discuss it over a radio frequency if you're positioned apart from each other. don't plan while you're outside and have to act - because that's the vibe I'm getting from what you just described

in my experience synths literally go out maybe four times a day max and mostly s2m unless you behave extra boldly - literally for the most part they exist as flavor, unless you provoke them or it's dropship transport. it's the cops and ota that are routing u rn

we have literally even tried nerfing the cops to limited number deployments, limited ammunition reserves limited armor limited apc to ordinal only and you are still losing. so they are definitely not the issue right now - therefore i have changed it back to normal after that little experiment
At least from my perspective it does seem like most of the response to things has been synths, hunters, choppers of more

Idm the flavour honestly i love the active conflict, but i die more often to synths then i do to cops

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
if survival is your goal you will need to be subtle

john doe immediately clarifying that he's an alien parasite from xen whenever anyone asks what his deal is and then being surprised when he's locked in a jail cell

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
john doe immediately clarifying that he's an alien parasite from xen whenever anyone asks what his deal is and then being surprised when he's locked in a jail cell
for reals bro. many of us here are severely lacking in subtlety. not skill, not ability, but subtlety. many of us do not feather our brakes, as it were.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
I haven't played for a bit as I was busy with my semi-finals, but

if the story of the 5 elite ota blasting 32 rebels to like 2/3 combine deaths is true, then I think the problem lies way ahead of ''combine is unfair,, on rebel side*

Last edited:

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Its like a domino effect sometimes

Some wise guy is like “let us take this checkpoint” and then everyone else just follows them until boom 32 dead rebels

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Its like a domino effect sometimes

Some wise guy is like “let us take this checkpoint” and then everyone else just follows them until boom 32 dead rebels

get in a vc first so you can use tactics and coordinate

if cops can do it then its fair game

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I haven't played for a bit as I was busy with my semi-finals, but

if the story of the 5 elite ota blasting 32 rebels to like 2/3 combine deaths is true, then I think the problem lies way ahead of ''combine is unfair,, on rebel side*
Well the rebels did attack the only place with a (very visible) EOW garrison, with 3 elites and almost every cop dying

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
random thing:

one of my favourite things I remember doing on old neb was pressing a bunch of buttons during an event as a conscript, causing the mountain base to self destruct, ruining any chance of seizing it for either side.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Also be sure to check if you are accepting too many people into your group

Carte blanche entries mean you will literally always have some strays that get slaughtered or follow the herd mindlessly

It also means that I have no fucking clue how much I should resupply you for either

eitherway, going to introduce an upper lambda element later on that delegates more authority to player characters while still enforcing a standard, think of it as a rallying group mostly

we will do it to teach people the tactics they need ic and let them practice

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also be sure to check if you are accepting too many people into your group

Carte blanche entries mean you will literally always have some strays that get slaughtered or follow the herd mindlessly

It also means that I have no fucking clue how much I should resupply you for either

eitherway, going to introduce an upper lambda element later on that delegates more authority to player characters while still enforcing a standard, think of it as a rallying group mostly

we will do it to teach people the tactics they need ic and let them practice
Yeah thats fair, we have a roster that we update constantly, but I always give someone the eye test from an ooc standpoint to make sure they arent either a self insert or theyre not just looking for scripts n shoot

didnt even realise that i ran into @Gary earlier yesterday and then added him based purely on ic recommendation and the good ol “is this guy a sperge” eye test

Can confirm gary is not a sperge ahaha

Equally tho, been trying to focus on new players cos groups imo help people shape themselves individually especially if theyre new cos it gives them a p much instant group of people to rp with