Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
MEyROX6.jpg

MFW the brits experienced Half Life 2 two years before it shipped
MFW the same training sim also encouraged enlistees to engage in the
clockwork leg meta & execute wounded combatants.

xYsnZ3I.jpg

wWzpUXd.jpg

hsN1QE3.jpg

Bath University Milsim Study said:
The way damage was allocated in the game was also modified. In the game it was a system of hit points where the player’s avatar was fully functional until the number of hit points reached zero, at which point the avatar died. This was replaced by a more functional approach based on hit location so, for example, if the avatar was shot in the arm, it dropped its weapon. If it was shot in the leg, it fell over and depending on the severity of the injury, could only crawl very slowly.
Bath University Milsim Study said:
This led to the users fighting in the game for some time until it appeared that no enemy was left standing. The game however did not stop and the users realised that those enemy who were shot in the leg were disabled, but were regarded by the game engine as still alive, so the game did not end. The practical effect of this was to have created a training system where the only way to win was to go around shooting the enemy wounded. This virtual breach of international law was seen as unacceptable practise in training by the British Army.

Sources:

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
heres a based vortigaunt trick that the rebels don't want you to know

lure them into the gas caves

p7IZttP.png

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
heres a based vortigaunt trick that the rebels don't want you to know

lure them into the gas caves

p7IZttP.png
>lure rebels into cave
>they sufficate
>consume the flesh of man
>leave
>nobody knows
>lure rebels into cave

Reactions: List

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
red and i just got baited by someone into running into a 'cave', which was actually, an 'antlion cave'

they joined us with an AK74SU and later unequipped it before swapping to a shovel and dying, presumably to avoid dropping it

we get to the cave, i realize what just happened, i go back to look for the person who baited us

they're dead only dropped the shovel and i have no opportunity to kill them (PK) for baiting us into an antlion cave.

bruh

no closure, only pain and a waste of 3 and a half boxes of 9x18mm, no means of making back the profit of the lost ammo

i don't even want to know how much buckshot red had to waste

never trust a blue suit

iu
a couple of mistakes were made... but you ended up with a benelii from it, so...