Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
i have magdumped a hunter with a full ak mag and killed it once

its possible, but i can understand why people would be fucking terrified of doing it. no matter what, someone is going to die in the engagement

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
making itself a support and at the same time putting itself in a big disadvantage to be defeatable so it's not unfair would be the closest thing

the question should be: why did it come out with less damage received than when it was taking s2m potshots from far away and got hit by one or two vorts

wtf

honestly cops should stop being obliged to S2M considering i have never seen rebels reciprocate that same level of sportsmanship

you cant whine that cops weak when you're purposefully gimping yourself by missing most of your shots

either have the cake, or eat the cake

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
guys please stop arguing it makes you all look like losers this isn't the way to get that pussy/dick/gosling

Reactions: List

bilack

Electron
Nebulae

Before the chaos, I snuck into the compound, nicked the APC and put it at the bottom of the lake.

uXc5lO1.jpg

pzxM35H.jpg

TWAlh5Y.jpg

It was a weird night for me ngl

I give you the Seal of the Romanian for your brave actions and car hijacking skills

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
wtf

honestly cops should stop being obliged to S2M considering i have never seen rebels reciprocate that same level of sportsmanship

you cant whine that cops weak when you're purposefully gimping yourself by missing most of your shots

either have the cake, or eat the cake

I don't blame them as it's the heat of the moment and shit can go wrong, hell I think there's a lot of panic and in the end the hunter didn't get even shot at, let alone hit, except for like one vort and one or two rebels. At least not considerably.

But I wouldn't blame it on the thing being unkillable - In that situation it was, and it wasn't even hard, didn't even need half the people who were there to shoot at the same time, and it had been hurt beforehand.

guys please stop arguing it makes you all look like losers this isn't the way to get that pussy/dick/gosling

But we can discuss what went on and stuff right? It also helps people to see eachother's POV.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I can understand the frustration but, as always, its much easier to balance around cops than rebels - same as it ever was.

I'm sure literally nobody wants to go "okay, cops can use whatever but rebels get loaded with heavy weapons" and suddenly the meta becomes blowing up every PT on the map with a barrage of rockets lol

Asymetrical warfare doesn't mean letting one side massively shit on the other.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
the question should be: why did it come out with less damage received than when it was taking s2m potshots from far away and got hit by one or two vorts
It's challenging - for me, at least - to keep calm and aim steady when a bunnyhopping death ball on three legs with a pseudo-grenade launcher that has infinite magazine starts getting closer. I think I had 100 HP and I still got immediately melted by a Hunter that magdumped into me from <20 meters away.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
that has infinite magazine starts getting closer
I do think that this should be limited by the person playing the character, while perhaps still an arbitrary amount made up on the spot I don't believe a hunter should have infinite rounds and should play around that idea.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I can understand the frustration but, as always, its much easier to balance around cops than rebels - same as it ever was.

Yeah that's why the chopper was taken away when we caught wind rebels were going to attack, and hunter was removed out of the question when it was becoming dangerous to the effort.

They had an issue with the hunter (which is somewhat understandable though it's been made into a bigger issue than it is) and we had an issue with the APC stealing on the way it was performed + there being no warning to players about the common knowledge not applying anymore in certain topics (which has been blown out of proportion by people trying to put up a defence nobody asked for, as the complaint wasn't about the APC getting stolen, which is alright and smart, but players being neglected of key information and updates that are needed for fairness).

Whole deal seems bigger than it is (as always) merely because there's like 20 of us talking about it and then people tend to chime in to give their 2 cents to support one side or the other without having a clue of the context or the situation at all, not even in the bigger picture.

It's something that is being discussed and should be and can be discussed without needing to drop "the rebels are crybabies" or "classic cop main" kind of comments, or outright mocking people.

It's challenging - for me, at least - to keep calm and aim steady when a bunnyhopping death ball on three legs with a pseudo-grenade launcher that has infinite magazine starts getting closer. I think I had 100 HP and I still got immediately melted by a Hunter that magdumped into me from <20 meters away.

There was no bunnyhop though; regardless the vort I hit the most received 2 hits, which is not alright by any means cause it wasn't calculated in the heat of the moment and 40+40 equals 80 already, which is more than half of their HP. I'm one to think hunters are a tool and should be used as such, but it baffles me how its damage was buffed but its HP was not debuffed. I'm of the idea that they should either have less HP (say 750 instead of whatever they have now, which I think is double) or their flechettes should do less damage to accommodate for the creature to be killable by the players even though it's supposed to s2m mostly (and I do know I hit plenty of people, it was hard to aim somewhere with no rebels but still close to be somewhat of a danger).

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
remember like twenty pages ago when people were thinking there was a cp bias, and now after the apc thing people think there's a rebel bias? you gotta love this community

also, side note, ten shots for a hunter? Either they've dramatically buffed them, dramatically nerfed us, or that's wrong. Last I recall it was just 4? Bolt dealt 250, hunters had 1k? Or am I misremembering?

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
remember like twenty pages ago when people were thinking there was a cp bias, and now after the apc thing people think there's a rebel bias? you gotta love this community

also, side note, ten shots for a hunter? Either they've dramatically buffed them, dramatically nerfed us, or that's wrong. Last I recall it was just 4? Bolt dealt 250, hunters had 1k? Or am I misremembering?
Hunters have always had 750/750

It was the same in finis coronat

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
remember like twenty pages ago when people were thinking there was a cp bias, and now after the apc thing people think there's a rebel bias?
that's different people bro. couple days ago I surveyed both sides ICly and they both thought they were losing
personal experience of the players does not have to reflect the intended narrative

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's something that is being discussed and should be and can be discussed without needing to drop "the rebels are crybabies" or "classic cop main" kind of comments, or outright mocking people.

I have to be honest though, I think those mentalities not being addressed or tackled head-on is why Finus ended up the way it did, where everyone collectively gave up and the forums ignited into complaints every day and OOC was a toxic shitfest.

People need to be told when they're being dumb or that their complaints are overblown - so I think when criticism is posted in a way that's obviously designed to be an inflamatory "damn those dirty rebels getting bias again????" it should be called out, because that's the sort of shit that festers and makes things properly sour.

Its telling that I've seen literally no negativity towards cops and the quality of their roleplay in every interaction they've had with rebels, for example, and the complaints have strictly been about making it an "us vs them" situation.

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Yeah that's why the chopper was taken away when we caught wind rebels were going to attack, and hunter was removed out of the question when it was becoming dangerous to the effort.

They had an issue with the hunter (which is somewhat understandable though it's been made into a bigger issue than it is) and we had an issue with the APC stealing on the way it was performed + there being no warning to players about the common knowledge not applying anymore in certain topics (which has been blown out of proportion by people trying to put up a defence nobody asked for, as the complaint wasn't about the APC getting stolen, which is alright and smart, but players being neglected of key information and updates that are needed for fairness).

Whole deal seems bigger than it is (as always) merely because there's like 20 of us talking about it and then people tend to chime in to give their 2 cents to support one side or the other without having a clue of the context or the situation at all, not even in the bigger picture.

There was no bunnyhop though; regardless the vort I hit the most received 2 hits, which is not alright by any means cause it wasn't calculated in the heat of the moment and 40+40 equals 80 already, which is more than half of their HP. I'm one to think hunters are a tool and should be used as such, but it baffles me how its damage was buffed but its HP was not debuffed. I'm of the idea that they should either have less HP (say 750 instead of whatever they have now, which I think is double) or their flechettes should do less damage to accommodate for the creature to be killable by the players even though it's supposed to s2m mostly (and I do know I hit plenty of people, it was hard to aim somewhere with no rebels but still close to be somewhat of a danger).
Hunters have 750/750 and projectile flying speed of horseshit times you can strafe away minus skill

Hunter Chopper as an IC Objective due to its proximity to the rebel bases, secured ICly, piloted by an IC character. Then it was taken away as OOC balance, oh well

OTA only used 1 AR2, and only as last stand in the relay
Sniper OTA almost died fAir aNd SqUAre in s2k (Edit: it wasnt fair and square.)
Cops mostly using MP7 and Glocks, not a lot of damage and accuracy
Combine players only had 1 life, defending. No NLR, returning to combat.
Hunter ran away after it killed like 5 people, because balance. (Synth deployment was also an IC objective to be repaired lmao)

Rebels have access to every weaponry they acquired.
Vortigaunts have infinite cop oneshot, and OTA two shot. No damage falloff, no ammo limit.
(Ammo that regenerates in form of Stamina is the definition of infnite.)
Rebels were teleported, had a very short NLR timer
Vortigaunts had a very short NLR timer
Vortigaunts delayed the inevitable relay event by almost a quarter to half an hour.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hunters have 750/750 and projectile flying speed of horseshit times you can strafe away minus skill

That's why you use the classic, LP-Outlands-honed tactic of "fire literally fucking everywhere around your target" to hit tbh

Strafe away from that shit, bitch

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
after the apc thing people think there's a rebel bias?

Not a bias, wouldn't call it that

It's more of combine being a whitelisted and controlled faction so their experience as players is somewhat shoved aside

Especially when people who were not reasonable in the past try to be reasonable now and they're mocked by 20 people

I have to be honest though, I think those mentalities not being addressed or tackled head-on is why Finus ended up the way it did, where everyone collectively gave up and the forums ignited into complaints every day and OOC was a toxic shitfest.

People need to be told when they're being dumb or that their complaints are overblown - so I think when criticism is posted in a way that's obviously designed to be an inflamatory "damn those dirty rebels getting bias again????" it should be called out, because that's the sort of shit that festers and makes things properly sour.

Its telling that I've seen literally no negativity towards cops and the quality of their roleplay in every interaction they've had with rebels, for example, and the complaints have strictly been about making it an "us vs them" situation.

Like I could quote people from this very thread on this but I really don't think pointing fingers will help not perpetuating the toxicity. And they've not been nice to me at all, I also had to withstand some comments over discord both over voice and text; which of course doesn't count as disrespect or harassment at all I suppose, and the moment I got angry at them, I was the problem, somehow.

But thing is it isn't about me, the only thing I argued about here was to ask for the reasonable complaints of players to not be buried under memes and mocking, because I don't think it's alright to let people believe they can get away with being like that on the forums. And I've seen how people have reacted to these complaints and it's honestly not alright.

I am sorry if my sourness has somehow contributed but I am seriously reaching my limit with the attitude people have of dropping snarky jokes and passive aggressive "memes".

sky

Loremaster
Nebulae
Sniper OTA almost died fair and square in s2k
ah yes "almost died fair and square" after i get teleported out into the open by my grapple hook 20 seconds after falling through 3 floors from the roof of a building that has no collisions only to be boxed in by invisible walls, before having to observer back to base and out of the fight because i physically cannot move as i'm getting shot at out in the open due to the aforementioned grapple bug
sounds like a skill issue

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
ah yes "almost died fair and square" after i get teleported out into the open by my grapple hook 20 seconds after falling through 3 floors from the roof of a building that has no collisions only to be boxed in by invisible walls, before having to observer back to base and out of the fight because i physically cannot move as i'm getting shot at out in the open due to the aforementioned grapple bug
Lmao I only saw the logs not what actually happened now that is stupid

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
shoulda taken the L and put the sniper in my pocket

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Balancing is hard, at the end of the day.

Like I can't put it any other way - if you don't want something to burn out in record time you have to juggle every aspect with both hands and recognise not everyone is gonna understand your decisions (or lackthereof) at all times.