john rebelrp
Nebulae
i will use due north to show these mfs how building should be handled

event miniseries just to get our base built

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the hopper facility station was raided once, no genuine significant damage was planned besides wanting to raid it to my knowledge
considering the two (@kifer & @TedHatty) behind the attack solely attacked to destroy it outright, idk

I'll let them speak for themselves but you might not have all the facts here

We blew up a rebels defence perimeter and before we even left there was already a staff member setting up new barricade props lol
base defenses =/= actual objectives

why talk shit while forgetting cops did the exact same thing in apoc and elsewhere, it's a base that needs SD auth for raids
if people pull zhukhov levels of thinking to destroy objectives that's a far different story that Q-menu'ing new props for the faction hangout area

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
base defenses =/= actual objectives
how bout the time sevastopol was rebuilt in a day

if we let u fully destroy all objectives, there'll be none left to hit. u do shit gradually, u dont wipe the floor with everything instantly

most rebel raid requests are "YO WE WANNA HIT W WW WE WANNA HIT" without actually outlining to the authorizer what they want the outcome to be, while standing right outside the forcefield before the auth is delivered

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
CompetentSoupyLeafwing-size_restricted.gif

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
the local headcrab walking into the rebel base only to be s2k'd without any emotes for the 41254256th time
> approached the cps as a zombie
> got some RP and s2rp done
> W

> approached the rebels as a zombie
> gets s2kd without an emote
> L

have not been proven wrong yet
u can judge the character of someone based on how they engage with zombie and xenian characters - in this essay i will

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
have not been proven wrong yet
look right

imagine you're like mid-rp and doing something / char development then zombie number 9652836982-689236028936-541295-1849-2194014919-352 3095860468093470812849 pulls up

and sometimes they rp, sometimes they immediately try to kill it's like...

quite literally stopping THE ENTIRETY OF RP IN A REGION cos of one crab if it's s2rp etc

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
yesterday yall destroyed a manhack station with.. 2 oil barrels as far as i was told, sub 5 seconds, no chance of prevention
My vort was involved here, so I'll try to explain on my part.
I was given one explosive barrel (couldn't tell if others had more explosives because it was dark as fuck and vortlight was being fussy), and to blow it up inside the station, once I disabled the forcefield. The entire operation seemed very elaborate to ensure it went by as quickly and smoothly as possible. Unsure if I can give away any more details, but that's the part I played.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
My vort was involved here, so I'll try to explain on my part.
I was given one explosive barrel (couldn't tell if others had more explosives because it was dark as fuck and vortlight was being fussy), and to blow it up inside the station, once I disabled the forcefield. The entire operation seemed very elaborate to ensure it went by as quickly and smoothly as possible. Unsure if I can give away any more details, but that's the part I played.
an explosive barrel is full of oil

yea the plan is elaborate, that's fine but the payload was nothing

i still let them win it tho

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
u do shit gradually, u dont wipe the floor with everything instantly
who's asking to wipe out everything on the spot, seriously?

there's been one successful attack and it's encouraging people to go back to sitting around because seemingly even the staff team's throwing around info that's inaccurate as fuck (encouraging the whole thing to be undone), like I hate to echo @Rabid but this sort of thing killed rebel groups in the old days because it perpetuated a "why bother" mentality

like for example:
yesterday yall destroyed a manhack station with.. 2 oil barrels as far as i was told
they used a shitload of gunpowder & sulfur, plus barrels and grenades
whoever told you either didn't know or downplayed the fuck out of that

sub 5 seconds, no chance of prevention
because they planned the shit out of it to avoid people straggling behind and getting kidnapped?
they diverted forces, cops fell for the diversion, they had a clean escape

seriously man, they put in actual effort (opposed to cop w+m1 thinking), talked to each other for a solid day to formulate a plan

a plan that worked, with the results undone on a whim thanks to secondhand bs, meanwhile the cops get forcefed a minor victory to sate them & stop the RL's from threatening to resign en-masse again because they refuse to take even a bare demotion for fucking up repeatedly

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
was a good time,
weapon economy makes it so I don't despair getting killed. so I can actually cut loose a little. not had a proper fight in a while.
but we are cursed to death corridors, be it the train bridge on asheville or gate B's tunnel, one side has to doom charge a big coverless corridor eventually lmao.

kifer

Proton
Nebulae
an explosive barrel is full of oil

yea the plan is elaborate, that's fine but the payload was nothing

i still let them win it tho

wasn't just the barrel, i prepared sulfur, gunpowder, and caused the reaction with a frag grenade, same exact thing happened with the hopper mine facility minus the barrel, but since the facility itself deals with explosives I wouldn't say it's too far fetched

as for the auths, i always ask @deathwolf to ask for them before ANY attack is carried, i have no clue what the contents of the requests are but i'm pretty sure that if you make an extensive plan up, risk the lives of 12+ people etc.. it's not just to scratch something, you want to go in balls deep

if the plan goes perfectly everytime it's not my fault, i didn't know there were timers before going to the next objective (though the two were distanced by around a week? don't remember exactly) but honestly i understand it since map objectives can't be completed within a single week

not even remotely mad the facility is repaired, it's just that i would prefer it that if you blow something up, it remains blown up, both for cp's and rebels

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
the cops get forcefed a minor victory to sate them & stop the RL's from threatening to resign en-masse again because they refuse to take even a bare demotion for fucking up repeatedly
what victory, i made them act as cannon fodder down a tunnel repeatedly and gave rebels something to shoot at lmao. they had a tolerance for dying repeatedly to sate rebel kill log egos

they used a shitload of gunpowder & sulfuer, plus barrels and grenades
whoever told you either didn't know or downplayed the fuck out of that
thats fair

there's been one raid and it's encouraging people to go back to sitting around because seemingly even the staff team's throwing around info that's inaccurate as fuck (encouraging the whole thing to be undone), like I hate to echo @Rabid but this sort of thing killed rebel groups in the old days because it perpetuated a "why bother" mentality
if your stance is "why bother" the moment you get a single loss (of which i selected to be deliberately small, because i knew what was in the containers before acting) then maybe playing rebel isnt for you

your base getting hit wasn't about sating cop lead militant bloodthirst, it was about keeping shit dynamic. they couldnt give a rats ass about the container contents (when I literally asked them to check whats in there on my behalf before I made the call to raid them)

i had a player tell me that static OOC rebel zones are never fun to be in and ive taken that to heart since, by shuffling up what happens inside them every now and then. orsted was just the prime target for it since you've been on the warpath for it - i figured you'd be the ones to take it with the least backlash instead of others, considering you wanted to center yourselves around combat & raids in recent history

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Lets be entirely fair though - this is uncharted ground. When was the last successful 24/7 server like this that had this level of conflict and 40-50+ players a night for 2+ months? Fucking never that I can remember.

I say this with my whole heart: It was a nightmare balancing two sides of the server in a 90% passive city setting. I don't want to imagine the fucking headache a first-time SD is having balancing two sides in constant conflict but he's clearly doing something good to get the numbers he is.

Its not nearly as easy as people think based on things like this.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what victory
crates going up in flames

it doesn't bother me that our gear is gone (more to come), but it's clear it was done as a pyrrhic victory moment

i had a player tell me that static OOC rebel zones are never fun to be in
maybe I should make this more clear

I am not talking about the raid on orsted, I welcome such things
I'm talking about the attack on the mine facility

if your stance is "why bother" the moment you get a single loss (of which i selected to be deliberately small, because i knew what was in the containers before acting) then maybe playing rebel isnt for you
see above, I don't care about the crates, gear's gear, you can always get more

my actual point was about misinfo seemingly leading to a "oh the damage was minor, fix it" moment on the facility
that was a huge problem that plagued the ELA (see: bombing campaign)

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
look right

imagine you're like mid-rp and doing something / char development then zombie number 9652836982-689236028936-541295-1849-2194014919-352 3095860468093470812849 pulls up

and sometimes they rp, sometimes they immediately try to kill it's like...

quite literally stopping THE ENTIRETY OF RP IN A REGION cos of one crab if it's s2rp etc
if someone is genuinely trying to get kills on a zombie char they are doing it wrong, same with running into hubs

its zero stakes combat rp and at least for how i play, im just trying to generate some rp for ppl so its lame when u get s2ked immediately, i can think of one time where i /me'd jumping into a car window as a headcrab on asheville (opportunity for a funny rp situation???) and got shot instantly

had a lot of fun on the last map starting shit in the civ camp and in the city or just trying to spook people

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
most rebel raid requests are "YO WE WANNA HIT W WW WE WANNA HIT" without actually outlining to the authorizer what they want the outcome to be
as for the auths, i always ask @deathwolf to ask for them before ANY attack is carried, i have no clue what the contents of the requests are
I feel like these are correlated

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
if someone is genuinely trying to get kills on a zombie char they are doing it wrong, same with running into hubs

its zero stakes combat rp and at least for how i play, im just trying to generate some rp for ppl so its lame when u get s2ked immediately, i can think of one time where i /me'd jumping into a car window as a headcrab on asheville (opportunity for a funny rp situation???) and got shot instantly

had a lot of fun on the last map starting shit in the civ camp and in the city or just trying to spook people
still waiting for a poison crab to rock up so I can start harvesting them for poison