SPOILER_image.png

"Lunch is the most Important Meal of the Day"
'I thought it was Breakfast?'
"Hey, that's just a Theory"

Reactions: List

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Feedback thread died of ligma so I'll post an hl2rp screenshot here and attach some unsolicited feedback to it instead
l4Btlj5.png

The setup of the current map is not good.

An odd amount of detail went into its decorating - there are propped up offices for various factions, ministries (or whatever their appropriate name is), areas that got propblocked off; hell, there's a lot of text around the map added to the point where streets have signs with their names (pretty cool stuff actually). All in all, it is a pretty good environment.

And despite the decorations, the city is entirely hollow. The factions exist only on paper and have no representatives. An entire clinic stands unused, workshifts are ran either by cops or even random citizens. The players were not provided with the tools to provide for other players. Properties advertise themselves as rentable with no visible means to do so; let alone resupplying them on a regular basis, should anyone try to run a business. Some of these problems could be quite literally resolved with a single player being given a CWU whitelist with access to a vendor/BMD menu of goods for sale; but again, these factions do not exist in reality. CAB does not seem to have any forward role that'd interact with the citizens.

Before I'm told "things are in the works, coming soon" - it's too late now, these things needed to be set up yesterday. What we have here right now is a playerbase of people who used to play rebels wearing blacksuits and AKs who likely do not want to play citizens being forced to play a mockery of CityRP, let free to wander a hollow city.
My gratitude goes to the event/staff members trying their best to spice things up here and there, but there are systemic changes needed yesterday if this map is meant to last longer than a week.

TL;DR
The premise of the city and the snippets of the lore I'd seen seem perfectly fine, but the dynamic is an open wound on the server right now.

Last edited:
Nebulae
I'd LOVE to agree! So I will! That's quite a good way of seeing things simmans. Though I do think it's good for the rebels to adapt to this sort of thing. Being able to switch from strong rebel to sneaky citizen is something that may be a learning experience for some folk who wanna make a more sort of STEALTHY character or a PASSIVE character. Could even try to run a store! Who knows?

I'd personally just suggest folks learn to adapt into all atmospheres to get the best of all worlds. Otherwise we'd be stuck in tradition, y'know?

Or you dont. I dont know, It's one in the morning but I want to speak my mind on this as well. Regarding the propping though, I've definitely noticed the same issue. In.. a sense. And I'm not sure if this is an issue but we did have that stray vortigaunt stuck in the train spawn which our CP cameras caught multiple times, which if treated differently may of gotten them unfairly detained. They should probably fix all spawns. (And apparently something about a stalker spawning in the same spot? But those.. dont really matter do they?)

Vaz

Still a sleep deprived gay, just older
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
And despite the decorations, the city is entirely hollow. The factions exist only on paper and have no representatives. An entire clinic stands unused,
Yeah I'm at fault there. Agreed that it should of been fully worked prior with the needed props and equipment. (Currently fixing that as I type this <3 )

I got my excuses, with being busy with work and having people viewing the house etc, but still.