Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
maxresdefault.png

Callum

Neutrino
Nebulae
I have a HL2RP-related confession to make.

"Literally me" characters make me cringe because back when I was 13-14 (2013-2014) I became OBSESSED with every single character falling under the sphere of "Literally me". All of them, before there was a word to describe it. Fight club, Drive, Taxi Driver, American Psycho etc. I had a lot of teen angst.

When I first joined Lemonpunch, a good 2\3 of my characters were based on one of these. When the meme started emerging it was like the internet could see inside the brain of teenage me, and I suddenly had a
5efyw6.png

moment

I have a very painful memory of trying to re-enact the "Huey Lewis and the News" scene with an axe in the D4 basement on some random guy in 2014.

I dressed as Jacket from hotline Miami on 2 separate Halloweens because I couldn't afford the scorpion jacket from drive- I thank GOD I didn't have the money for it at the time. Absolutely shameful

Nebulae
I have a HL2RP-related confession to make.

"Literally me" characters make me cringe because back when I was 13-14 (2013-2014) I became OBSESSED with every single character falling under the sphere of "Literally me". All of them, before there was a word to describe it. Fight club, Drive, Taxi Driver, American Psycho etc. I had a lot of teen angst.

When I first joined Lemonpunch, a good 2\3 of my characters were based on one of these. When the meme started emerging it was like the internet could see inside the brain of teenage me, and I suddenly had a
5efyw6.png

moment

I have a very painful memory of trying to re-enact the "Huey Lewis and the News" scene with an axe in the D4 basement on some random guy in 2014.

I dressed as Jacket from hotline Miami on 2 separate Halloweens because I couldn't afford the scorpion jacket from drive- I thank GOD I didn't have the money for it at the time. Absolutely shameful

frankly there's nothing to be ashamed of in this, especially if you've grown out of it enough to gain this sort of perspective. when it comes to creative writing you don't get started w/o taking inspiration from somewhere first - and usually you start by copycatting from something you like (which helps you learn what you like to write about) until you learn to put your own spin on it

been there done that, a lot of us can say the same im sure

Reactions: List