Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
willard has the right idea teaming up with other communities tho I always felt like Neb has been sheltered away from other communities
Neb was the great monolith that stood in the servers tab, regularly attaining 60+ players each day whilst other servers hit 15 average, 25 on a good day. Origins Gaming (which became Providence after a dispute with the owner) was one of the slightly 'big' UK ones, and when Terranova released (and unfortunately flew a bit too close to the sun with its ambitions) it too had that grasp of players, but many were either nebulous 'refugees' (read: banned) or wanted to try something new.

Then, Terranova and Providence did a big merger, where Providence got absorbed into the big TN but its management from Providence started to actually manage stuff. In the background, Willard Networks was on the rise and was the sole real competition for nebulous, except obviously it hadn't released fully yet so it was a big waiting game. So when TN and Prov merged, Willard managed to merge the new TN into Willard, forming the giant of Willard Networks born out of at least 3 prior communities. People like RAD-X came way back from Origins, and yet is Willard's community manager.

Meanwhile, Nebulous only ever really did minor collaborations with @Dallas and the Alplands series. And even when the initial run of Alplands was over, there was no integration or merger, it was just gone. Even with the archives, just set to private. Very few communities beyond Nebulous showed any positive feelings, so with Nebulous' megalithic status for the most part now just an old memory it's interesting to see the other guys taking charge.

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Even with the archives, just set to private. Very few communities beyond Nebulous showed any positive feelings, so with Nebulous' megalithic status for the most part now just an old memory
the big long running community status just kinda becomes irrelevant when most of its (7+ years) hl2rp/ww3rp history isnt even accessible on the forums - and instead is just a small group of people (the ones who didnt already leave a long time ago) being nostalgic about it. if it wasnt for @Hudson there wouldnt even be an easily accessible iteration timeline

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Back when Neb opened community collaborations really weren't a thing. Generally you were good on a higher level between communities, but ultimately you worked to keep your own playerbase, so you still competed. The actual genuine "rivalry" was really only through the players themselves though.

Also I don't think what Willard is doing counts as collaboration, imo. They're all merged under one "brand", they're individual communities only in that they're responsible for their own house.

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
Then, Terranova and Providence did a big merger, where Providence got absorbed into the big TN
Is this documented somewhere? I personally do not recall such a merger ever happening; I even asked RAD-X (who was fairly involved with Origins and Providence back in the day) and he said the same thing.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Is this documented somewhere? I personally do not recall such a merger ever happening; I even asked RAD-X (who was fairly involved with Origins and Providence back in the day) and he said the same thing.
Sadly I've got no documentation of it beyond personal accounts, and even then I was a bystander to it all.

All I know is it was a few months into Terranova's launch when it went down, and then during that period Providence and TN merged

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
KLluhZX.png

Last edited:

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Line 42254: [22:49:39] Subeh loaded the character 'Valentino Castell'
Line 42256: [22:49:41] Valentino Castell entered observer.
Line 42286: [22:49:59] Valentino Castell exited observer at their location.
Line 42309: [22:50:13] S17:SDR-2.RANGER-2 has taken 3065 damage from Valentino Castell.
Line 42313: [22:50:13] Valentino Castell has killed S17:SDR-2.RANGER-2 with ix_atc4.
Line 42337: [22:50:19] [OPERATOR] S06/I.OW-AI.850: why is valentino here
Line 42355: [22:50:28] [OPERATOR] Valentino Castell: bc im tired of all ur shit

Line 33499: [21:41:35] Valentino Castell has killed S06:SDR-1.SWORD-2 with ix_atc4.
Line 33723: [21:43:40] Valentino Castell has killed S06:SDR-1.SWORD-1 with ix_atc4.
Line 33727: [21:43:40] Valentino Castell has killed C17:RL.DEFENDER-5 with ix_atc4.
Line 42313: [22:50:13] Valentino Castell has killed S17:SDR-2.RANGER-2 with ix_atc4.
Line 42403: [22:50:47] Valentino Castell has killed S06:SDR-1.SWORD-5 with ix_atc4.
how it feels to wakeup everyday knowing that me saying "sacrifice code" by accident got the entire garrison killed and subeh removed from staff

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
how it feels to wakeup everyday knowing that me saying "sacrifice code" by accident got the entire garrison killed and subeh removed from staff

i still don't know how one accidently says sacrifice code

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
i still don't know how one accidently says sacrifice code
I meant to use the "Maintain this CP" line but I instinctively typed "Sacrifice" while I was distracted. The voicelines have that same line in them and I was just thinking about that

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I meant to use the "Maintain this CP" line but I instinctively typed "Sacrifice" while I was distracted. The voicelines have that same line in them and I was just thinking about that
thats funny

rob

Nebulae
definitely belongs up there in the goof tier list, maybe not S tier though like the
LDKf2fa.png
and
9cRRZnE.png
incidents