Serious HL2RP - Moving Forward

NiGHT

Quark
Nebulae
instead of a 24/7 server or a set time, we run a scheduled season, where we have two options:

A - We still do 24/7, but for a week on, then a week off (Or two weeks on, two weeks off). this allows for Admins to get some much needed downtime and we get to preserve the late hour gamers/other timezones.

B - We run a set time on set days(maybe for set weeks like A). Example: We run Thu-Sunday 6PM-3AM GMT.

mad idea but I think a even blend of the two arguements can work, (Thu-Sun 24/4).

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The -only- thing that makes Black Mesa interesting is the incident. Black Mesa roleplay sounds unfathomably boring.
what about all the safety noncompliance?
let's face it, it could be interesting. imagine all the dead OSHA inspectors black mesa had to bury over the years.

get gritty with it instead of stock standard office rp.

Reactions: List

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
what about all the safety noncompliance?
let's face it, it could be interesting. imagine all the dead OSHA inspectors black mesa had to bury over the years.

get gritty with it instead of stock standard office rp.
What about all the insane scientific conspiracy shit they were up to?

One of the most interesting parts of Half-Life one is realising they weren't just experimenting with teleportation, they were sending research teams into Xen to die for crystals. They were holding enormous actual aliens in containment for possibly years with fucked up Dr Doom laboratories fitted with autopsy machines.

Dig deep into some of the wacky morals of BM, could go a long way. I'm tempted to run something like this now.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The optimal way forward is to completely move on from HL2RP and instead go to MafiaRP.

It's been done in the helix framework before, and quite well as well.

All that's needed are devs and time.
so ur suggestion is basically dont do hl2rp?

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Just get the gamemode to a point that it can be utilized for pretty much any setting and can be easily shaped around whatever idea people have that they want to present.

The people who’ve been just saying to do events have got the right idea.

florek

Electron
Nebulae
I rise from the ashes.

HL2RP is a dead concept. I don't need to repeat what anyone else has already regurgitated a hundred times over. Willard Networks is the last bastion of consistency and even they are feeling the struggles of an aged era that many have long moved on from. If you want to roleplay being beaten and oppressed by the mighty alien Combine, join the server and indulge yourself in nostalgia. In a few weeks or months, that is, seeing how they're also taking an extended break to figure out direction, narrative and map issues.

There is nothing you will do that hasn't been done yet, anyone who says different is simply delusional. You want people to stick? Run seasonal events like people have said, or stop trying. Your 2016-2019 esque sphere of Nebulous is brain dead but you're trying to desperately keep it on life support because you can't let go. It's harsh, but the bitter truth. Let go, move on. It's 2024.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I rise from the ashes.

HL2RP is a dead concept. I don't need to repeat what anyone else has already regurgitated a hundred times over. Willard Networks is the last bastion of consistency and even they are feeling the struggles of an aged era that many have long moved on from. If you want to roleplay being beaten and oppressed by the mighty alien Combine, join the server and indulge yourself in nostalgia. In a few weeks or months, that is, seeing how they're also taking an extended break to figure out direction, narrative and map issues.

There is nothing you will do that hasn't been done yet, anyone who says different is simply delusional. You want people to stick? Run seasonal events like people have said, or stop trying. Your 2016-2019 esque sphere of Nebulous is brain dead but you're trying to desperately keep it on life support because you can't let go. It's harsh, but the bitter truth. Let go, move on. It's 2024.
It may be less popular than it's prime but a dead concept it is not, seeing how Netspark but also other communities like Synapse, TnB, Lancer Networks, Undetermined Gaming and the like are still entertaining a fair bit of players

I agree with the sentiment that the classic CityRP we used to have just will not work anymore though, Early Days is a good indication of that

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
One of the most interesting parts of Half-Life one is realising they weren't just experimenting with teleportation, they were sending research teams into Xen to die for crystals.

Dig deep into some of the wacky morals of BM, could go a long way.
"This has only happened three times!"

I want an event where the research candidates victims realized what the free holiday borderworld actually entailed and made their own plans to get the hell out.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I rise from the ashes.

We just had a 60+ launch with near universal praise in a never done before setting.

Get your doomer ass out if here if you hate other HL2RP communities so much. Holding Willy Wonka up as a bastion of consistency is the funniest dick riding for that server I've seen.