Serious HL2RP - Moving Forward

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
is this and current affairs all that’s left to do on the neb forums now?
BzK5dTO.png

mentioned

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
politicians and public executions are a nebulous tradition

might as well be uganda
I'll never forget the one time a senator did a fake public execution of Alaric with a 'totally willing actor' assuming the role
With that senator then getting assassinated himself by a very confused, but vengeful go-getter rebel during the public execution meant to build his profile.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'll never forget the one time a senator did a fake public execution of Alaric with a 'totally willing actor' assuming the role
With that senator then getting assassinated himself by a very confused, but vengeful go-getter rebel during the public execution meant to build his profile.
that situation was such a clusterfuck when it happened

endless o7s pouring out for harry and then the senator's mowed down, then everyone realizes they just pissed the state off over a bait and switch

come to think of it I think we had a fakelands raid with artillery and everything soon afterwards, I ended up hiding with @Pyromancer, a bunch of vorts and a whole heap of people in a United Front (?) base expecting transhumans to storm in. only reason I remember it was because we yelled around for 10 minutes clutching our shotguns while explosions rang off in the distance.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
that situation was such a clusterfuck when it happened

endless o7s pouring out for harry and then the senator's mowed down, then everyone realizes they just pissed the state off over a bait and switch

come to think of it I think we had a fakelands raid with artillery and everything soon afterwards, I ended up hiding with @Pyromancer, a bunch of vorts and a whole heap of people in a United Front (?) base expecting transhumans to storm in. only reason I remember it was because we yelled around for 10 minutes clutching our shotguns while explosions rang off in the distance.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

what a beautiful shitshow
Over the course of my time in city centres, I maybe saw 2 senator events that didn't end in either the senator dying, a rebel dying or the entire audience dying.

It was usually the audience, witness sterilization was the leading cause of death next to smoking and parkouring in 20 year old industrial districts.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
“A winchester? bro noooo don’t be silly you’re imagining things, this is a Colt King Revolver with an extended barrel! Blackquill approved it Flippy bro it’s okay- No you can’t have a sniper- Nooooooo!”

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I know the inside scoop on this. It's been years so I will remember it as best I can.

The shooter was @York's hitman Gabriel, the assassination was entirely spur of the moment and was done in response to the harebrained scheme to execute a fake alaric

Because I knew York and knew he was planning to hit someone in the civil authority I didn't take an active part in the events but I did watch the speech that Knight's char Chancellor Glover gave in observer while Serpico was away somewhere else IC. I wasn't expecting it to happen when it happened. York had a pistol and that was it. The OTA and Proselytes locked down the apartment building within a minute of the shots and York died on the top floor

Immediately staff were trying to throw out the PK calling York's char a throwaway, York said he wasnt, and he wrote something in the rp docs to reinforce that impression

the truth is that the hitman char was essentially that, a hitman burner character, he only got used when someone needed whacked, so in one way he was a throwaway but in another it certainly wasn't the only person York had killed on that char. bluesuit assassins were the most useful tool

Earthnov

Neutrino
Nebulae
I know the inside scoop on this. It's been years so I will remember it as best I can.

The shooter was @York's hitman Gabriel, the assassination was entirely spur of the moment and was done in response to the harebrained scheme to execute a fake alaric

Because I knew York and knew he was planning to hit someone in the civil authority I didn't take an active part in the events but I did watch the speech that Knight's char Chancellor Glover gave in observer while Serpico was away somewhere else IC. I wasn't expecting it to happen when it happened. York had a pistol and that was it. The OTA and Proselytes locked down the apartment building within a minute of the shots and York died on the top floor

Immediately staff were trying to throw out the PK calling York's char a throwaway, York said he wasnt, and he wrote something in the rp docs to reinforce that impression

the truth is that the hitman char was essentially that, a hitman burner character, he only got used when someone needed whacked, so in one way he was a throwaway but in another it certainly wasn't the only person York had killed on that char. bluesuit assassins were the most useful tool

0:37 - 0:46

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my characters a hitman from a hitman network he's the best at his craft he's dedicated his life to his task he's a living weapon that's why you don't see him relaxing in the Baltic or conversing with rebels he's only ever killing or preparing to kill. That's why im not passiveRPing.

in other thoughts OneClassyBanana managed to play a cool version of the hitman stereotype in later iterations

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
my characters a hitman from a hitman network he's the best at his craft he's dedicated his life to his task he's a living weapon that's why you don't see him relaxing in the Baltic or conversing with rebels he's only ever killing or preparing to kill. That's why im not passiveRPing.

in other thoughts OneClassyBanana managed to play a cool version of the hitman stereotype in later iterations
To be fair I think the idea of the hitman archetype should be just an average joe who works his shift to avoid suspension, get involved with his local civilians and have a third party just hand him a job all nonchalant like. But I do have a love of the clandestine sort of roleplay