Hobbies

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
i’ll always recommend orwell’s stuff to anyone that hasn’t read it yet — 1984 is the usual one that gets dropped the most but i prefer animal farm

one flew over the cuckoo’s nest is great

ray bradbury’s fahrenheit 451 is a classic even if it’s another pretty common recommendation

right now i’m enjoying the gestapo by jacques delarue a lot since historical reading is a big favorite of mine and this one in particular has got some interesting insight

just got leonard cohen’s book of longing and it’s a really fascinating read if you’re into the slightly more forlorn side of poetry

if you’re big into star wars lore the new thrawn books (thrawn - alliances - treason) are all really solid too and the audiobook versions are superb imo and keeping with the sci fi line of thought i seriously can’t recommend the 2000s halo novels enough

besides that the only other recent buys i have book-wise are things i’ve yet to read - poetry and philosophy stuff mostly if that’s more your speed aye

oh and geddy lee’s big book of bass but i mean

duh
i’ll put em on the list man, thanks for that

huge halo mega-nerd, can confirm og halo books are top dog except that one really awkwardly written scene in Contact Harvest between Johnson and al-Cygni (if u know u know)

joseph staten is a man of many talents but that scene was teeth grinding

Reactions: List

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Johnson and al-Cygni
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
bro legit there’s an italian cafe next to where my mum lives and there’s this one dude who stands at the counter and makes coffees/drinks all shift and i would literally be happy doing that 8 hours a day

kinda want to try doing latte art but i don’t wanna spill coffee everywhere
My family own a cafe, my parent has turned into a fucking god with coffee. Best part of leaving work was the fresh flat white with dark chocolate waiting for me at my desk.

Nebulae
Outside of roleplay or gaming in general, what are some of your hobbies?

I find myself wanting to talk about my hobbies a lot but have found there's not many with similar interests, so I'm sure there's others like that so feel free to drop it here. I will talk to you about it
:grinning:

I've always enjoyed comic books. I have tons of physical copies of random and obscure comics, and more mainstream brands. My absolute favorite has always been Daredevil, for a very long time.
latest

I'm not that massive a fan of Dungeons and Dragons, but I have a copy of Out of the Abyss signed by Chris Perkins along with some other random ones stored away.

What are your hobbies?
You got some cool hobbies dude! DnD is quite the cool game and Comics are always fun to read!
[doublepost=1580590966][/doublepost]
trying to pick up skating (had a board for around a month and a half now), been trying to get out for a bit every day, really refreshing to get out after college and just practice

I'm trying to get back into reading though, used to read almost every day but between hs and college I basically stopped reading
Start slow and with getting comfortable going up and dwon steep hills or ramps. It helps in the furture!

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm part of a boardgame club that plays a few times a week

We mostly play social deduction stuff, Secret Hitler being a fan favorite. We also play a lot of Werewolf, Town of Salem, and Two Rooms and a Boom. Although, we do play all sorts of things.

My favorite non-deduction game we've played is probably Rock Paper Wizards, shit is funny as fuck.

Nebulae
I'm part of a boardgame club that plays a few times a week

We mostly play social deduction stuff, Secret Hitler being a fan favorite. We also play a lot of Werewolf, Town of Salem, and Two Rooms and a Boom. Although, we do play all sorts of things.

My favorite non-deduction game we've played is probably Rock Paper Wizards, shit is funny as fuck.
Sounds like a hella good time xD I myself play a few games like DSA [german name of it] With my dad and a few friends of his. It's always a good time! It's like DND just a bit different!

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
You got some cool hobbies dude! DnD is quite the cool game and Comics are always fun to read!
[doublepost=1580590966][/doublepost]
Start slow and with getting comfortable going up and dwon steep hills or ramps. It helps in the furture!
basically stopped honestly, closest park is ~45 min walk away and most of my local area is either downhill or uphill, not including shitty pavement or rain

started getting tiring going to the same two relatively flat spots