How do I beat escapism?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's kinda unfair to compare an online example to a real life example. IRL, a kys message would hurt much more than online, especially on a forum filled with memes and satire.

But what do I know I'm 15 years old and I have no knowledgeable grasp on the real world.

I prefer to act like I would IRL on the forum.

If you like using Kill Yourself as a form of satire, maybe you should watch LeafyIsHere or Keemstar. They've basically become famous from doing it.

Fuck I sounded aggressive there. Sorry.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't recall saying I liked this meme, in fact I think it's beyond stale.

I don't think anyone likes the "Kill Yourself" meme.

It probably has a pretty high mortality count.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
first trick is to not say youre depressed and suffer from escapism on an internet forum because it not only looks like attention whoring, but its in almost every case that the same forum will provide lists of suicide methods instead of help thats worth while
second trick is seek professional help from a qualified gp instead of help from 14-16 year old video gaming virgins or 20 year old neck beards

LatvianViking

Proton
Nebulae
From personal experience (I've got OCD and it sometimes strikes in very hard, causing me having severe depression.), just wait it out and accept the fact that you have those feelings, not deny them or anything. It gets easier after some time.
also, get something interesting to do really.

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
first trick is to not say youre depressed and suffer from escapism on an internet forum because it not only looks like attention whoring, but its in almost every case that the same forum will provide lists of suicide methods instead of help thats worth while
second trick is seek professional help from a qualified gp instead of help from 14-16 year old video gaming virgins or 20 year old neck beards
It might be worth asking ourselves, do we have to be memsters all the time? Especially if someone you are acquaintances with online is feeling sad and down? I mean this isn't an anonymous website, most people here know each other more or less.

I think we are morally obliged to give comfort and help, but we can also have fun in unserious threads. This is a serious thread.

Reactions: List