How do I beat escapism?

Emiin

Quark
Nebulae
Dude.

See a professional, seriously.

I can guarantee you that when you look back to this day, you will feel like shit for picking a roleplay forum to discuss your problems while your father is dying of cancer over a professional that could have helped you get over your slump and to confront the issue head on before he dies.

SER-I-FUCKING-USLY.
im mentally unable to do it i dont know why, there is no sensible explanation for it

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
im mentally unable to do it i dont know why, there is no sensible explanation for it

Then stop bitching on the forums.

Unless your a woman, no one cares that you have mental issues and are not getting help for it. This thread is only a pity party to give you a sense of appreciation that people "care" for your issues when we really don't and doubly so if you do not actually care to solve the issue.

It is like a feminist getting a pity party because she is a "oppressed white woman in a first world society". There is no better way to explain what you are doing.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae

Think about it.

If you left us right now, what would you lose. You would lose your life, and you only get one. You would your parents who care about you deeply and would not want to see you leave. You would lose this community, which given you are here means you care about roleplay and how it makes you feel.

You do need professorial help, and you really should go get it. Dont listen to your head, listen to me and the rest of us.

Get help.

Emiin

Quark
Nebulae
alright, delete this thread it serves no purpose, im an attention whore i need professional help now end me.

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
You might not need professional help but you need to open up to someone about your issues to get a second input.

It should be the one you trust the most, whether it's a steam friend or a real friend I don't think it matters because you will feel a lot better opening up.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You guys are shit at giving advice.

But Emiin does seem to have refused to take any of it regardless.

Don't ask people for help and then say you don't want to get hekp when they suggest getting help.

Talk to someone. Call up a friend. Go to a therapist. Do what you think's best. Depression's a killer, and it'll grow it you let it.

Please.

Reactions: List

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I started shitposting for the FSB to give me purpose in life

now they want me to invade crimea smh

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Pretend to yourself and others you don't have problems, and that you're confident as can be. Eventually, this becomes real confidence, and that's all you'll ever need.
when you don't have confidence, you can't just will confidence out of thin air and pretend you have it

it doesn't work like that bucko

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
when you don't have confidence, you can't just will confidence out of thin air and pretend you have it

it doesn't work like that bucko
Apparently you've never tried acting.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
for someone who's never done it before, like OP most likely, it's pretty hard to act like someone else 24/7
That much is true, and even if he could, what I suggested won't fully solve the issue, it'll just put it away for a while. Regardless, if his troubles are that bad he should see a counselor, simple as that really.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you said the same thing as everyone in this thread though

I was referencing things like this:

It doesn't matter if you do "JK you should get help" Afterwards.

Imagine a guy walked up to you in the street. Someone you know fairly well.

"Yo man, I've been feeling really depressed lately, and I don't know what to do."

"You should go kill yourself."

That's pretty much what was suggested.

Even if 10 seconds later you say "Just kidding get help." You've still given him the thought.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
It's kinda unfair to compare an online example to a real life example. IRL, a kys message would hurt much more than online, especially on a forum filled with memes and satire.

But what do I know I'm 15 years old and I have no knowledgeable grasp on the real world.