How do I beat escapism?

Nebulae
Dont XDDDD

But seriously tho, think about what happens if you dont face your troubles. They'll just pile up and pile up and pile up and pile up and pile up until you have a impossible mountain of problems.

Do you have a idol? Someone you loom up to? What would they do.

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
Just a recommendation However take this with a grain of salt I suggest you talk to people, from what I heard just keeping quiet of depression often makes it worst so just talk about it with close friends and family.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
But seriously, you're best seeking professional help, your local GP's are great and keep a doctor-patient confidential. Please get help.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What the title says, it follows me where ever I go, I just want to run away from every piece of trouble. Depression fucks you up someone help.
Pretend to yourself and others you don't have problems, and that you're confident as can be. Eventually, this becomes real confidence, and that's all you'll ever need.

Reactions: List

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Sometimes you just have to face your fears.

I do this a lot when i am nervous about something or am lazy and such.

Just think to your self, get up, go do it, get it done no matter what anyone says. Belive in yourself and it will turn out good. Give yourself a pep-talk essentially.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Honestly, most depression cases I have seen are those who do not see value in life itself.

One of the ways to counteract this is to have a hobby in life, a goal to strive for, something to pursue.

For those who lost a loved one / saw shit in a battefield, this might not be the best method to solve your problems. But losing your passion in life and getting depressed, getting kicked out of a good program that you thought would be your dream and getting depressed, or just reading and seeing the bad things in live leading to depression...

Well, the above is a good solution for those types of depression. But if you are depressed due to SERIOUS THINGS, like your parents DIED, then you need to see a professional, not post on a roleplay forum where no one really gives a shit at the end of the day.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Pretend to yourself and others you don't have problems, and that you're confident as can be. Eventually, this becomes real confidence, and that's all you'll ever need.
don't think that's how it works

Emiin

Quark
Nebulae
Honestly, most depression cases I have seen are those who do not see value in life itself.

One of the ways to counteract this is to have a hobby in life, a goal to strive for, something to pursue.

For those who lost a loved one / saw shit in a battefield, this might not be the best method to solve your problems. But losing your passion in life and getting depressed, getting kicked out of a good program that you thought would be your dream and getting depressed, or just reading and seeing the bad things in live leading to depression...

Well, the above is a good solution for those types of depression. But if you are depressed due to SERIOUS THINGS, like your parents DIED, then you need to see a professional, not post on a roleplay forum where no one really gives a shit at the end of the day.
my dad has cancer and it's in the late stages, he might die any moment now and i refuse to talk to him and i am conscious of this. Just feel like jumping off a bridge

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
my dad has cancer and it's in the late stages, he might die any moment now and i refuse to talk to him and i am conscious of this. Just feel like jumping off a bridge
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT

I care about you, we all care about you, there is no need to do that.

This seems like rather serious depression, and yes you should see a doctor.

But really, do not exit this world any way like that.

Nebulae
Like most posts here. I recommend seeing a professional at this time as if you're considering suicide. Do you have a mother to tell/talk to at least?

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Dude.

See a professional, seriously.

I can guarantee you that when you look back to this day, you will feel like shit for picking a roleplay forum to discuss your problems while your father is dying of cancer over a professional that could have helped you get over your slump and to confront the issue head on before he dies.

SER-I-FUCKING-USLY.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
the only escape is confronting your problems in life head on
the longer you run, the worse it becomes, the more miserable you will be