Serious how do you guys enjoy citizen rp?

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
the last time i played on nebulous i had a french civ whom i did nothing but walk around the town on, occasionally semi-afking near the work area and actually rping then and there

then, i continued walking around in an odd, unknown shape, considering there isn't any idle rp on this server (or hl2rp as a whole, unless you're a CP or a rebel, i guess) and logged off

this happened three more times, until i realized that the only fun i had playing on nebulous and hl2rp as a whole was playing as a CP, as that whitelist alone granted me the ability to actually roleplay with people and, yknow, be social and advance my character

rather than camp workforce and get rations and tokens all day.

compare this to another game i enjoy playing: World of Warcraft.

now compare this to the RP i get in wow; a game where i'm able to play any character i want without having to write an elaborate backstory for how he managed to survive the three world-shaking wars and how his grandmother is the reason he became so socially awkward and murderous

a game where i can heroically charge into battle as a paladin in fully DM'd events and still have the will to stay online for what feels like half an hour straight solely to socialize

a game where i actually can socialize on my roleplayed character, where it's not trumped by a masked man slapping you with his wet electric sticky boy and saying "shut the fuck up" before walking along the same path he's been taking for the past hour, solely to get his hands on a few sterilization credits

something is seriously wrong with citizen idleRP, and nothing short of making the actual plaza worth going to will make it interesting.

if i can have a blast rping with 10 people or less, it shouldn't be hard to have a single place where civilians can congregate, talk and enjoy themselves without being kicked in the nuts for roleplaying something that isn't work, or AFKing

Reactions: List