Serious How many of you actually play on the Server?

Do you play on the server?

• Yes

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
When we get around 50~60 players peaking a day on the server, yet we have maybe 2k active accounts on neb, I wanna know how many people actually still play on the server and how many people are now solely forum-based (e.g people that exclusively post in Current Affairs, a-la @Husky )

So, do you still play on the server?
If not, what do you think should change to bring you back?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Most people who don't play either don't do so because they're tired of the HL2 city setting or are waiting for WW3.

I don't play much myself anymore but I still enjoy the community.

Reactions: List

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
I roleplay as a political pseudo-intellectual in Current Affairs.
Also I've pretty much lost interest in HL2RP.
Also like @cloudperson said, shouldn't this be in General or Fast threads? I don't see why it should be here.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The server is too far from what it started out as and what I saw as fun and is full of behind close doors fiascos that it makes it unfun to play

I stay on the forum because I like to keep in touch with people like isuck, Harry, rabid and co

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I also think a lot of people have just flat-out grown up and away from what they may have enjoyed doing three years ago and the community as a whole has evolved and changed and not in ways I'd always consider for the better, either. People are much less tolerant of RP they disagree with and everything hits the forums one way or another in a big 'shame post' eventually.

That being said there's also been a lot of positive change too and I'm not going to deny that one bit because this community is full of fantastic and dedicated people still who're working to constantly improve things.

For me personally though I just don't have the spark for Neb as I once did. It used to be I could jump on day after day for six or seven hours at a time but I just don't have that in me anymore. I'll admit though I do enjoy seeing people who still have that passion in them which is another reason I keep tabs on things like I do.

Spungey

Roleplay Connoisseur
Nebulae
I also think a lot of people have just flat-out grown up and away from what they may have enjoyed doing three years ago and the community as a whole has evolved and changed and not in ways I'd always consider for the better, either. People are much less tolerant of RP they disagree with and everything hits the forums one way or another in a big 'shame post' eventually.
From when I joined LP in 2015 its been really interesting watching people come and go and grow up. Its interesting when you see and talk to certain people you can see how they've changed and matured since I first met them and I dunno since my early teens it just feels like Ive grown up with the community as a lot of us have and I find that pretty neat but that's just me.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
From when I joined LP in 2015 its been really interesting watching people come and go and grow up. Its interesting when you see and talk to certain people you can see how they've changed and matured since I first met them and I dunno since my early teens it just feels like Ive grown up with the community as a lot of us have and I find that pretty neat but that's just me.
Oh no I absolutely agree with you there, you are spot on.

A lot of these people I've known since 2015 myself so seeing where they go or what they do has been fun. I may not always agree with everyone but there's a reason when I left in 2016 on a "I'll never come back" tangent I ended up coming back onto the forums at the end of the next year.

Spungey

Roleplay Connoisseur
Nebulae
Oh no I absolutely agree with you there, you are spot on.

A lot of these people I've known since 2015 myself so seeing where they go or what they do has been fun. I may not always agree with everyone but there's a reason when I left in 2016 on a "I'll never come back" tangent I ended up coming back onto the forums at the end of the next year.
Theres some people I used to play with religiously on WW3RP and would consider close friends. Some I still talk to, Some I havnt spoken to since Early 2016 and when I look back I find it kind of depressing how easily some people moved on.

@Hudson should get in on this imo i dunno its pretty interesting

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
i stay here to make memes and shitpost but never play on the server because as @Powley said a lot of stuff feels like it's all done behind closed doors and that you've gotta be part of a faction for any real development or progression

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I haven't played for 2 years since im pbanned by blackquil

sots

community bear
Nebulae
I usually just wait till my mates are on the server cos I don’t really enjoy talking to random citizens and getting walled every five minutes, so much less than I used to do, especially with working in another town with no internet besides data 5 days a week

D

Deleted member 6062

30 minutes to a couple of hours a day depending on whether i encounter any interesting characters or not