Serious How many of you actually play on the Server?

Do you play on the server?

• Yes

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
I dont really play hl2rp i really cant get into it cus i just get bored real fast roleplaying for a hour is probally the most i can do a session. I just lurk the forums when ww3rp closed down. I said this many times before i don't care about WW3RP i just want to play with the community again. Some other gamemode or something as long as TS is involved I'll play it.

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
Honestly, playing the server is whenever you can be bothered for me, it's not fun just AS a citizen since it's just /me sigh when an officer tells you to do something. Character authorisations are the way to go - but it's stupid how, to get a fun character to play that isn't another "Jim Edwards" in the crowd among people with Male_09 or Male_07 as your model.
Whenever you try and play something different, like a character with enthusiasm and isn't a stoic pessimist, you get put down in game; making your character a stoic pessimist, another face in the crowd.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
i loved playing on the server, and especially enjoyed running stores and shit on my older characters, but decided to move onto the forums due to the high amount of stress and issues I had to endure at school with some of my teachers, something which nearly drove me to a mental breakdown

and shit like server drama, staying active on my whitelists without going on constant LOAs and taking slots or having to think on how i'll manage at school with all the shit going on just made it worse

Reactions: List

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
i'm in some limbo inbetween

i only really get on to do faction matters maybe thrice a week and even then i'm very much not enjoying myself, more akin to a chore, but i still technically get on the server and do occasional rp in relation to those faction matters. Might seem obvious because i resigned but still.

i've got no interest in the server anymore mainly just because nowadays i'm lacking that tight knit circle of good guys that would encourage you to develop and rp. Only focusing on the big narrative picture constantly (being involved with cab for a long long time does that to you) gets very boring fast unless you have some solid personal narratives to base it off too, something that i've been lacking since revolution.

Between helix and my resignation I did try to seek some more engagement, writing for the terminal and trying to play a more politically involved citizen character had its few moments, but most of the time it just felt like most of the people you met on the server were just brick walls or characters just plainly representing an ooc motive or ambition, something that really drained the rp life out of me and my interest in the wider gamemode in general.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I'm kind of bored. I haven't really gotten attached to a character concept yet.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I'm kind of bored. I haven't really gotten attached to a character concept yet.
For me it's been finding the right 'type of gameplay' and then evolving from there.

Pick a faction/side, make a general concept of a person, and expand from there.

Edit: Sometimes it also takes a while finding a good faction. CAB and USE have been pretty fun, but I can't play rebel/general citizen for the life of me.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
i eventually got bored of rp'ing as civil protection and once i tried talking to a rebel to have some sort of char dev (aside from conversing with civvies and other units) i got de-whitelisted, i also couldn't be arsed to grind rations on a civvie character to have a rebel with at least SOME gear (also my experience with rebels was extremely dull even when i tried to spark up some interesting rp with em so I decided to stray off that.) The only couple of times I joined the server was to have fun with friends in the sewers (not breaking any rules mind you)

all in all i just think I got unlucky. I still rarely go on but nothing more other than creating fun RP for the people around me and other interesting risky scenarios.
Might come back after school exams and paramedic shifts lay off my ass

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
My tastes in HL2RP seem like a polar opposite to neb HL2RP, but I'm still interested in the culture.

Importantly there wasn't much forum activity in the old communities I used to hang around in compared to neb where you can find new posts even at 4am, and I like the energy here.

I feel like there's a lot of tolerance here, and the wealth of experience makes it a great place to use it as a base for building the archive. If I'd tried it in some other communities I'd probably get told to fuck off and get banned for even mentioning the name of another community "advertising a rival community."

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
I play on the server sometimes but I don't really enjoy the map or my characters so it keeps me away from playing more often.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
hl2rp? peasents

prisonrp and auschwitzrp is where it's at

D

Deleted member 1392

the server is getting more stale and stale day by day because of the boring setting that some people dont want to change.

i think that it would be cool to try something new but with the same basics of half life 2 roleplay - cab, wi, cwu, etc

it's time to move on from the stale, overused and boring half life 2 setting
Once I get my CWU app accepted I'll try to do some good stuff for citizens and cool work-cycles xoxo

At least I'll try anyway, if you got any ideas just shout them and I'll try to make them happen.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Once I get my CWU app accepted I'll try to do some good stuff for citizens and cool work-cycles xoxo

At least I'll try anyway, if you got any ideas just shout them and I'll try to make them happen.

public roasting of aliens