How/Why did you originally get involved with HL2RP

Entora

Proton
Nebulae
I actually joined LP as my first server back in 2013. I immediately minged around, but was admin-grabbed and taught how to play properly by Moon.
too bad these days they usually just ban people without trying to teach them how to roleplay or talking to them at all - does the admin box even exist anymore

you'd be surprised how many minges just dont know how to rp

Reactions: List

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
too bad these days they usually just ban people without trying to teach them how to roleplay or talking to them at all - does the admin box even exist anymore

you'd be surprised how many minges just dont know how to rp
I can't speak for Nebulous, because I haven't tried the servers, but at LP, I was impressed at how patient some staff members were at teaching the new guys instead of banning. It's really worth it in the end.

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
A mate told me to hop on when there was an abundance of servers. There were at least three AUS/NZ servers with a solid playerbase on them. I remember failing the little test at the start the first time I joined, that was a good laugh. Anyways, we did heaps of rebel RP, ended up becoming the most feared rebel group on the server, killed Breen (lol), and then we both got popped in the face by a SeC. To be fair, I'd been NLR'd atleast four times prior to that.

Left HL2RP for a couple of years, rejoined to find that there were only two big servers now. I waved a sad goodbye to good timezones and joined this one in November. Made my char then (have still got him :) ), and lurked a little on the forums. Only really became forum active after Anti-cheat or whatever banned me permanently because my ping was too high.

Now I'm risking how well I do in school by staying up late and fucking role-playing. Man, that's sad.

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
I attempted to join HL2 in 2012 and I had no idea how to roleplay, I got pissed off because I didn't have pet flags - I then came back in 2015 in March and made an account on LemonPunch with my cousins.

Nebulae
joined a well known community but forget it's name (began wth an R I think? Might have been the one that spawned DiCi), walked around the plaza, went up to a CP asking him what the gamemode was about, he took it all IC and told me to isolate or some shit. I thought he was being a cunt and got annoyed at him, he tried to beat me, called for backup, ended with me bhopping and duck-sprinting all around City 18's plaza with 4 cps following me... I properly joined Mobiusgaming which was probably my first hl2rp community, and hopped communities till i was here

No Policy

Neutrino
Nebulae
i saw my older brother playing hl2rp and got interested in it after a while so i tried it out

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
When I was 10 I joined a random hl2rp server and thought it was shit.

When I was 13 however and my favourite darkrp server was shutting down, I went on to find a new home!!!!!

Oh lord, what sort of mistake have I sucked myself into...?

jambez

Proton
Nebulae
Joined a random korean OpenAura server in 2013 without any idea of serious RPing (DarkRP boy)
I somehow got in contact with some rebels, who (for whatever reason) could speak english.
Never paid much of attention to them, only cared about the fact that I couldn't become a gun dealer so I left
2015, joined LP out of nowhere to see what's fun about the whole 'HL2RP' thing and got addicted to it.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
tumblr_lnm18jaRFz1qdq5u6.gif
Really, as far as I can remember it, I was scouring the internet for decent roleplay games, was around 4 years ago I'd say.
Anyway, I gave up for a while and then my friend suggested Garry's Mod to me simply for the sandbox, so I got it and pissed around in that for a whole 2 days and left the game to sit there for another month, rarely played it.
After that I had that hunger for a roleplay game building up in me again, so I kept looking.. eventually I just started going through the server list on Gmod and noticed HL2RP, anyway I joined a random server and I still remember walking up to a CP and asking "how do I play this" in IC chat. He explained to me briefly and gave me a link to a guide, I read over it and just played. RP got better and better eventually, and here I am!

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
I joined some random Dark RPs, met a guy there, joined him on a HL2 RP and stuck around for a few years. This was in 2007, I think?
Basically this, I heard about DarkRP where I had a blast, it was better back then I guess. Server closed down, joined Ciderjack/Applejack something and where there for ages, they expanded to uh 'Experimental¨and this danish cunt of a admin abused me so hard, so I rage quitted, - break - found HL2RP, god I don't even remember what map it was, got bored - break - joined LP achieved world domination within 6 months. And now I'm here.
[doublepost=1463471336][/doublepost]
One day, on a fateful 2008 day . . .

I joined TnB when Dave Brown still "lead" the resistance.

Needless to say, I left very quickly, and hopped around many HL2RP's till I finally got to where I am now.
Glad you're back bud. To bad you picked the wrong side filthy rebel scum.

PS Vote this dumb if you are for animal cruelty and wants Hillary as president.

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
It started in 2014 when some of my real life friends were playing LP's HL2RP server. I thought to join the server they were on and thats how I started to get involved in HL2RP and serious RP.

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
casually joined tacoscript 2 back in like 2006 or 2007 when gmod was actually cool and there werent many gamemodes

TacoScript 2 wasn't released until later, around 2009/2010 ish. TacoScript was glorious, though

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My mate: ''Wanna roleplay dude?''
Me: ''Ye, what? HL2RP maybe?''
My mate: ''Okay fam. This lemonpunch one has high pop, wanna join it?''
Me: ''Ye sure fam''

And thus m school performance went kill.

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I was bored and searched through the server list and found HL2RP.
I joined Lemonpunch because it was the only server populated but I was completely incompetent and got banned for mingepunching.
But after getting banned I actually got interest for the community and started browsing the Forums and realized that it was a really interesting concept and community and started playing more on the server. I learned more English in playing HL2RP for six months then in five years of school.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
i used to join my friends games a lot and then when i joined I happened to go to LP, it was fun and i enjoyed it so i stayed.

Avian

Quark
Nebulae
On a fateful (month), x 201(?), I was nonchalantly scrolling through the list of game modes out of sheer boredom.

Then a label caught my eye: "HL2rp"
Vietnam flashbacks... Uh, I mean, Half-Life gameplay flashbacks raced through my mind as I immediately clicked on it.
I joined the first server I saw, which belonged to the community known as Lemon punch.

Oh, little did I know the trouble I was already getting knee-deep into...