How/Why did you originally get involved with HL2RP

Fangus Mcgoo

Neutrino
Nebulae
About three years ago, like most people, I was browsing through servers and came across HL2RP. Although my PC wouldn't let me join most of them due to it being a pile of shit, I did manage to get into some odd servers and enjoyed myself while playing them. Then I of course got a new PC and started darting in and out of servers, settling in Exontic Gaming before coming into LP for a short period of time.

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
all thanks to @Derpy, i found ww3rp and joined lp. didnt play on it regurarely, but birdi then started playing and then I got addicted on roleplay and now i am what i am

Reactions: List

anotherninja1

Proton
Nebulae
joined LP hl2rp in earlyish/summerish 2014 after having fucked around on darkrp through a friend
got banned for diving off the top of the terminal hotel

somehow it all converted into 2 years of rolelplay, admin and faction lead

knast

Quark
Nebulae
>be me
>get bored playing darkrp servers
>find half life 2 roleplay tab in server browser
>join
>quiz
>get kicked
>search for answers
>join again
>pass quiz
>create a character
>get perma after 1 minute of playing

Reactions: List

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
I have been playing TTRPGs for over 12 years. I started with D&D and quickly became enamoured with the hobby. About two years ago I joined DynexRP after playing a round of PropHunt with my friends.

I was not sure what HL2RP was, but I figured since the server listings had other RPs (Dark, Halo, Fallout) I assumed it was roleplaying. I found it to be interesting and my time at Dynex was unique and enjoyable. Sure, not perfect - in fact I still have a lot of criticism of GmodRP whether how things are run, how people interact with each other, etc etc. but it was fun.

Most of my TTRPG buddies moved away so HL2RP let me have a bit of that hobby back.

I became staff at Dynex all the way to it's plummet, recreation, reincarnation to False Liberties (and it's fall), reincarnation to MystiqueRP (and it's fall).

I joined LP during the falseliberties fall and now (obviously) Nebulous.

Last edited:

Eeyra

Neutrino
Nebulae
Became bored one summer, first tried sandbox, then found the online things. Got to Metro RP but unfortunately it died, but I've made some friends there and they lured me to hlrp. So yeah.

John.

Neutrino
Nebulae
After buying Garry's Mod for the first time I literally went to Dark RP of ALG which is dead. I played for around 3 years there and later I was involved in Alliance Gaming which is dead as well xD
Then I got to HB which is dead.
Retired from rp and when I decided to play again I joined Nebulous.

frogsap

Quark
Nebulae
after playing darkrp and fearless cityrp i wanted to try a new gamemode
saw some youtube videos about hl2rp and i said "ok i'll try"
and lemonpunch had most players so i joined

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I discovered it before Columbus

Hoblit

mic check mic check?
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wheatley went wild on steam about it and i joined, was kinda boring until he told me you could get rations. I somehow managed to do a ic interview and get cwu-m, which i lost for running around.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
random server selection in march 2013, when LP has just switched to i17

stayed because exploring the map for the first time was cool, and a chance encounter with a pedo character made the playerbase look...interesting...