I know theres a ton of gorrilaz fans here

• Thread starter Deleted member 1405
  • Start date

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
"I dont really care that it's political or sending a message, in fact I like bands getting political cause that's their expression. it's just not very good. It's a mish-mash of noisy harmonies, pretentious poetry slam-tier lyrics and a simplistic bassline that doesn't really compliment the track, It's not catchy or interesting, it doesn't really convey any sort of atmosphere, and holy shit the music video is bad, just put Clementine in front of a messy green screen in Trump tower (get it guys? trump has money, what a big meanie) and key in some tangentially related stock footage behind him cause yeah that's "deep" man, wow fight the power and such. Anyone who thinks this song is half as good as anything from Demon Days is deluded and talking shit, especially the "you're not a weal gorillaz fan" crowd, or the holier-than-thou cunts thinking that not listening to Gorrilaz commercially popular music somehow makes them better than those who do. "oh yeah I'm cool because I prefer other songs over Feel Good Inc" well aren't you special? this doesn't even come within a mile of the production of any song from that Demon Days, It's not a poetic tale like Fire coming out of the Monkeys head, it doesn't match the Gospel Choir symphonies of 'Don't Get Lost in Heaven' and it doesn't switch-up into something different like 'All Alone' Honestly this is just a sub-par track."
My thoughts exactly tbh

Reactions: List

Spungey

Roleplay Connoisseur
Nebulae
I agree with what was said above, it's not really a good song at all. Saying that, for the small part that he is in in, 2-D sounds pretty good.

To be honest, it was more like "Benjamin Clementine - (feat. Gorrilaz).

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I wanted to like it but
I didn't

I still have high hopes for the album though

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I dunno what it is but for some reason I kinda really enjoyed this song. Something about Benjamin's voice with the, eh, odd(?) melody was actually kinda enjoyable after listening for the second time. Kinda like how Glitter Freeze sounded shit to me the first time a listened but after the second time I enjoyed that too.

Don't really give a shit about the political stuff, mostly cause I don't give a shit about politics at all after looking at how fucked my own country is.

tbh I'm just holding my thumbs for them doing something with Roots Manuva again, All Alone beats all Gorillaz songs by a mile imo

el malman

Proton
Nebulae
i actually had no idea they released a song (busy working then drinking for a while)

i guess i'll join @Joe Thompson 's opinion: i wasn't really expecting that kinda stuff, got a little disappointed
bit odd when you're thirsty for some new gorillaz stuff and you're given just a few glimpses of 2D and spongebob as an animated guest

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Gorillaz are over-rated! This track was low energy. I truly think it's a disgrace what they've done with it.