I need good modern MMORPG suggestions.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I started enjoying it from the moment I started. I'm now 10 years in.

Maybe I just have an attention span, who knows ;)

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I've been playing WoW since vanilla, retail and private servers. It's had it's up and downs, but it seems like it's the only stable MMORPG. I need stability and the knowledge that all my progress won't just vanish when the initial hype of the MMO dies down.

The game is in a pretty good state right now, after the trainwreck that was the second half of WoD. Regular content patches, future raiding stuff. It's got the most content of any MMO.

SW:TOR is slowly dying down, but it's definitely enjoyable to play through even as a singleplayer game.

Wildstar has been on the verge of death for a long time now, but if you don't mind the lack of endgame and low playerbase, it's basebuild / personal housing system is awesome.

I can't recommend Eve, because the learning curve will break your balls and honestly it's not a game for a lot of people. But, at least you can play for free now? So.. Who knows.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You could Try GW2 (Guild Wars 2) The player base it's ok on sizes, and you can try it out on free to play. And if you like it you can buy it. And it has a huge map with a side map expansion. Oh, and you don't have to choose the ability to unlock. Depending on your weapon you will have a specific set of abilities.

Reactions: List

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Eve is too hard for casual players, simple as
EVE in its current state is an MMO designed for people who have been playing for years, not days. All the new content that shit-fest of a company releases is for end-game users. Normal users won't get to their level, not because they don't have the patience or skill, but because every little itty bitty skill is artificially blocked by timers that can take upwards of weeks, or months to unlock. Not as in like, it takes that long to get the skill - as soon as you get the book for a skill, it starts a time until that skill is learnt, and who the fuck wants to wait literal months to be able to use the next tier of drone.

rant over

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I recently quit 07scape because I got bored, i do love runescape in general though.
[doublepost=1485615567][/doublepost]
Never heard of this one to be honest, is it any good?

its ridiculously grimey but if you like stalker its worth atry

Reactions: List

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Haven and Hearth. Not specifically an MMORPG but it is a really fun MMO if you have the patience and a few mates to play with. Basically you're in a completely open MMO world, and you explore it, learn about it, build things, meet others, team up and build huge cities. I've seen one or two wars between cities and it honestly is a lot of fun. Due to how complicated the UI is however the playerbase is small as you basically need the wiki for doing anything.

Still, free and good fun.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
EVE in its current state is an MMO designed for people who have been playing for years, not days. All the new content that shit-fest of a company releases is for end-game users. Normal users won't get to their level, not because they don't have the patience or skill, but because every little itty bitty skill is artificially blocked by timers that can take upwards of weeks, or months to unlock. Not as in like, it takes that long to get the skill - as soon as you get the book for a skill, it starts a time until that skill is learnt, and who the fuck wants to wait literal months to be able to use the next tier of drone.

rant over

On the contrary, a new player can come in mine gas that can fund their account for a month in a couple of day. The gas is found in wormholes often owned by larger corporations and alliances, but being really sneaky can bet you huge profit.

Angel is right in saying it's not a casual mmo at all though.

I personally at one stage owned thirty accounts and bullied larger alliances in paying me a protection fee otherwise I would hotdrop their residents living in their space paying there taxes. The money they paid me funded all thirty accounts, so it was a lot. It equated to about 50 billion isk per month which in real currency is about 750 pounds a month. (Roughly 15 pounds per months subscription can be bought with cash in game X 50)

I don't do that any more and nowadays only run the one account, but it was rather cool having such a position of power over alliances (of which one particular alliance had well over 2000 people in it).

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Bunch of people I know from work are telling me to play Black Desert Online, anyone know anything about this game?

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Bunch of people I know from work are telling me to play Black Desert Online, anyone know anything about this game?

Sure, I played it for a solid month when it came out.

Veeery interesting game. Grabs people by the hand when it comes to character development of which there are so many options to choose from. Gender locking is a thing although it being a Korean game is pretty standard and I personally liked the design decision.

World is very large, surprisingly immersive and the music is great. The voice acting is fucking awful and downright hilarious on some npcs - and I'd reccomend patching the VO to Korean or Japanese.

Combat is intense, fluid and makes full use of your keyboard and mouse. Builds are important and classes are diverse however there are clear winners when it comes to pvp. I maimed a sorceress and was one of the first to hit level 60 which entailed me being able to pvp outside of arenas. I blew people the fuck up.

There are plenty of activities to do like fishin, trading, micromanagement of workers and it all blends together really nicely. All in all it's actually a really great experience bar a few things

A) the game has a cosmetic system which makes no sense and is SOOOO expensive. You'll pay 30£ outright for an outfit. They do give some bonuses but mainly social ones. They look good though.

B) the game is Korean and is grundy. I booked a week off for the launch of the game and met a group of fun people and we breasted through and it took me a week of 12 hours a day grinding. If you plan on playing, get ready to spend an hour or so in the same camp doing the most efficient rotation of monsters you can.

If you wanna play hmu I'd love to play again