i need workout routine help

hy0n

Aesthetics
Nebulae
Getting conscripted to army soon, need to get fit so I don't look like an absolute tool in front of everyone. Can someone recommend me some work out routines I can do?

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
  • Deadlifts weighted
  • Cleans weighted
  • Overhead press weighted
  • Squats weighted
  • Dips
  • Pullups/chinups
Everything else is optional.

Curls are stupid and if you do them you're a jackass because it does nothing but make your arm look bigger. Literally the most useless muscle is your biceps. They don't do shit for you and any real athlete will look at you as if you're retarded. It limits the range of motion in your elbow. It's a total fuck boy workout.

Good luck.

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
just go dallas sniper on the range

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
I have the same issue. I am unfit af, I'm basically a noodle. How noodle? Let me tell you...

I regularly go hunting or just waste ammo on a firing range about two-three times a month. And by god, I can't fire your average low-brass birdshot more then 10-15 at a time without taking a break because of how much my shoulder hurts. I've shot a G3 rifle ONCE (Which uses a 7.62x51 NATO cartridge, commonly banned around the world, exempt Turkey) and I decided to not look at anything gunpowder related for a month. That's how embarassed I've felt.

And I'm going to be conscripted in a few months (Of course, I hope they accept the fact that I'm a college student and delay it). Woop dee-do, eh?

-Edit, one I've shot was apparently a .308, since 7.62x51 is strictly for... Military or something, I have no clue. Not very literate in the subject.

Doesn't matter, I can't pushup more than 10. Main reason why I've given up Muay Thai :P

Dist

Proton
Nebulae
Don't forget that you don't need to be a big and muscular person. It can help but sometimes it's a hinderance since endurance is the main attribute you will need.

Work on cardio, taking on a sport like boxing definitely helps your stamina by miles, setting you apart from the average joe.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
cant act tough if i cant even do 5 pullups
thats why you set 1 pullup as a goal then try to do 2 and so on

u have a really shitty workout if u already start with "i need to lift 50kg in 2 months" are u invited into the olympics or something smh

cant afford/afraid of gym (reasonable)??? either understand that other people go there to better themselves and u wont find the stereotypical big tough guys who will laugh at you because ur weak

when i started with gym i had this fear too and i found out the big tough guys are actually those who helped me a lot

either that or try starting with high-intensity trainings (HIT) if u wanna exercise at home without equipment

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
dont they have some sports you can do in the army aswell, like boxing and shit?
should help you get gains while you're in there. If you're talking about when you're starting i'm sure there'll be someone else that's your size.

Englishh

the reason abortion should be fully legalised
Nebulae
I'm joining the army too, so lemme give you a little advice.
1. Go on runs every morning
It dosen't matter how far you can run now, it only matters how far you can run for your fitness test, which you'll do pretty soon if you're joining the army. In the U.K. you need to run one and a half miles in under 12:45 minutes which is the standard for Infantrymen. It falls under different levels, and depending on that level is how fast you need to do it. For example, a level 1 has to do it in 9 minutes, while level 6 gets 14 minutes. It really depends on what position you're planning to take, and I would read up about it online.
2. Download This App
This app is great, I use it pretty much every day. If you're unfit as all hell, don't worry. It allows you to start off at different levels and so you can choose which one you want to start off with. I recommend starting with the middle level since the first one is really easy (Yes I went through that)
This will help improve areas aside from your running, though there is an option on the app to do that aswell. It shows you how to do each exercise if you don't know how to do that exercise. Make sure you watch that, because different levels have different versions of the exercise.
3. Eat healthy
Doing all this exercise is great, but if you're eating like shit you'll run like shit. You don't need to go on some crazy diet, just make sure you aren't eating McDonalds every day. If you're struggling with eating healthy (Which you shouldn't be) i'd recommend going on a diet, but only if that becomes a major issue. Normally you'll be fine if you just don't eat shit.
4. Play some sports
When I went down to the recruitment office a couple months ago, they were informing me about the training i'll receive as an officer. It falls into three terms, and each term you pick 2 sports. They will judge you off of the sports you pick, for instance, if you pick Shooting and Polo, then you aren't going to be as favoured as someone who picked Rugby and Running. Even if you don't have to pick a sport for your training, just do it anyway. If you're on base, chances are you'll play some form of sport, and being good definitely helps to make friends.
5. Just keep trying
If you keep trying, no matter if you feel like you are going no where, you WILL eventually get there. Sometimes you can't feel yourself improving, or even see yourself improving off of numbers, however, perseverance is an EXTREMELY important quality in the army to have. Some nights you'll be getting 4 hours sleep, and on those nights it's really about who really tries, and goes the extra mile to make sure their squad is safe. If you fall asleep on watch, you'll be reprimanded. Be the guy that, against all odds, keeps trying, and you'll find lots of success in the army.

Any further questions, just ask me. Also, as a disclaimer, my physical standards are going to be below yours since i'm female. Don't take all the numbers I say as literal, as each army has different requirements. Check to see what yours are.
[doublepost=1471273787][/doublepost]Use that app as your routine, it's really fucking good.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I always wondered.

What happens if you fail your physical when being conscripted? Or you're mentally unstable? Or you're literally unable to carry a gun/equipment because of how much of a twig you are?

Do you get conscripted anyway or do you get a pass?

If that latter's the case, I'd actually not work out at all and try and lose as much muscle as possible to avoid being conscripted.

hy0n

Aesthetics
Nebulae
I always wondered.

What happens if you fail your physical when being conscripted? Or you're mentally unstable? Or you're literally unable to carry a gun/equipment because of how much of a twig you are?

Do you get conscripted anyway or do you get a pass?

If that latter's the case, I'd actually not work out at all and try and lose as much muscle as possible to avoid being conscripted.

Yeah fuck that, I'd rather serve my country rather than be a <insert derogatory term here> trying to avoid it.