I Need Your Help Deciding On New Computer Hardware

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
I planning to buy a desktop, custom-built, and something that will last me. So, please do suggest ideas below. My budget is somewhere between $1000-$2000.

Decision List:

-Processer
-Graphics Card
-Motherboard
-RAM
-Power Supply
-Case
-Drives
-Moniter
-Keyboard

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, but of I am let me know.

Gr4Ss

Proton
Nebulae
http://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/

Pretty good guideline. Doesn't include monitor or keyboard though. Maybe throw in an extra hdd to store your stuff, a 1TB WD blue is only like 50$. Or given your budget an extra SSD if you really want performance.

Edit: for gaming keyboard, I have been really happy with both my old Logitech mechanical keyboard and my current Corsair mechanical keyboard (with cherry red switches). Really just find a mechanical one that you like and has some good reviews on it, there's plenty of good ones out there.

And monitors I don't know much about, but with the above build you'll want 1080p if you want to run games on high/max for the next few years. It should be able to handle 1440p too, but not sure how long the 1070 can keep up with that, 1440p gets really memory hungry on your gpu.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Edit: for gaming keyboard, I have been really happy with both my old Logitech mechanical keyboard and my current Corsair mechanical keyboard (with cherry red switches). Really just find a mechanical one that you like and has some good reviews on it, there's plenty of good ones out there.
I've been playing with the xtrfy mechanical keyboard with cherry red switches
it might not look very comfortable, but man does it feel nice to use when you're doing it
3G1-R-LED-slider.png

Peter Green

Good People, Good Times
Nebulae
Right. I put a lil something up for you, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4ZCFtJ
It is one hell of a beast which costs 2100 USD and will easily run any game at 60fps. (power of the GTX 1080)

But that's a 4K build, hit me up if you want a cheaper one which isn't 4k. I personally don't see the buzz with 4K as a 1080p 144hz monitor really is just enough for me. 4K is just way more expensive compared to 1080p gaming. But it's all up to you my mans.

If you're gonna go with this build I'm kind of concerned about this case because of the 1080.
  • The NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 330mm long, but video cards over 230mm may block drive bays. Since the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card is 279mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.
If you got any questions let me know!

Also the power consumption info on the website is wrong, you actually need a 500 watt psu for the 1080 but I decided to throw in a 850 due to CPU and all the other shit taking bout 150.

Reactions: List

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Right. I put a lil something up for you, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4ZCFtJ
It is one hell of a beast which costs 2100 USD and will easily run any game at 60fps. (power of the GTX 1080)

But that's a 4K build, hit me up if you want a cheaper one which isn't 4k. I personally don't see the buzz with 4K as a 1080p 144hz monitor really is just enough for me. 4K is just way more expensive compared to 1080p gaming. But it's all up to you my mans.

If you're gonna go with this build I'm kind of concerned about this case because of the 1080.
  • The NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 330mm long, but video cards over 230mm may block drive bays. Since the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card is 279mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.
If you got any questions let me know!

Also the power consumption info on the website is wrong, you actually need a 500 watt psu for the 1080 but I decided to throw in a 850 due to CPU and all the other shit taking bout 150.
Now thinking about it, 1080p is good enough for me