Serious I think more premium payment options would be beneficial for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Essentially what I would like to suggest is that the premium option gets divided into diffierent tiers. Obviously it will require some change in regards to which perks you get, but overall you will just get a few restrictions which can always be unlocked through upgrading your premium option.

This new tier system should encourage more players to financially support the community, in order to provide additional funding which should allow us to better maintain server cost- and development.

This is just a rough concept in regards to pricing and naming, since the currency displayed depends on your country.

• 10 USD: Diamond
  • 8 USD: Platinum
  • 5 USD: Gold
  • 3 USD: Silver
  • 1 USD: Bronze
You could make it so that all those premium members have accese to the storage locker, yet depending on their tier they get more inventory space. You could also set specific prop limits for each tier as well as lock certain whitelist roles. (Like the diffierent zombie classes could be something that could be locked behind diffierent tiers. Like even bronze could apply for a normal headcrab but keeping higher tiers restricted.)

The playerbase will essentially be able to support the community depending on what they can afford.
I also think that a possible item drop command could be nice on the HL2RP server. Like the players could get diffierent tiers of "loot boxes" each month, which drops a random item.

Last edited:

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
No. Just no. We're not moving to DarkRP system where you can pay more money than other people to get more perks, which turns it into pay to win. We will never have 'loot boxes' because that completely ruins and breaks the server. If people want to further support the server asides from buying premium, they are more than welcome to make a donation. I may not speak for everyone, but I've got a feeling plenty of people would agree with me in saying this is stupid. At that point, we might as well just change our server to Nebulous DarkRP if this happens. I feel rather strongly against this sort of mentality. I pay for premium myself already, so it's not like I'm against giving my money away, because this is a great server and community, but this is not the way to give people incentive to pay more money. The way it is now is quite nice, and quite a fluid system, putting in all this crap, especially the frankly game-breaking 'loot boxes' is just absolutely absurd in my opinion.

TL;DR, If you want to give more money to the community, donations are welcome, and for the love of god no 'loot boxes'

Reactions: List

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
No. Just no. We're not moving to DarkRP system where you can pay more money than other people to get more perks, which turns it into pay to win. We will never have 'loot boxes' because that completely ruins and breaks the server. If people want to further support the server asides from buying premium, they are more than welcome to make a donation. I may not speak for everyone, but I've got a feeling plenty of people would agree with me in saying this is stupid. At that point, we might as well just change our server to Nebulous DarkRP if this happens. I feel rather strongly against this sort of mentality. I pay for premium myself already, so it's not like I'm against giving my money away, because this is a great server and community, but this is not the way to give people incentive to pay more money. The way it is now is quite nice, and quite a fluid system, putting in all this crap, especially the frankly game-breaking 'loot boxes' is just absolutely absurd in my opinion.

TL;DR, If you want to give more money to the community, donations are welcome, and for the love of god no 'loot boxes'
If you feel like the concept is P2W then consider that you are already premium, which gives perks that others can't accese because they may not think the single price that is offered atm is affordable. My general idea about the lootboxes would be the same principle as the suitcases you spawn in with when you make a character. It drops a random item like a pre-war coin and ect, something that fits into the universe and could be used as items to trade with.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
If you feel like the concept is P2W then consider that you are already premium, which gives perks that others can't accese because they may not think the single price that is offered atm is affordable. My general idea about the lootboxes would be the same principle as the suitcases you spawn in with when you make a character. It drops a random item like a pre-war coin and ect, something that fits into the universe and could be used as items to trade with.
So, a solution to a P2W system is making it more... P2W?

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
tenor.gif

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
So, a solution to a P2W system is making it more... P2W?
I don't feel like the system is P2W, that's Nightlock's opinion which is ironic to say while being premium, basically saying that it's P2W if it is affordable for others.

As of right now Premium consists of:
  • Zombie Whitelist
  • PET Flags
  • Bodygroups
  • And a container as well as certain roles on the server requireing premium.
The lootbox system was just an idea to toss out as an option, one random item a month that isn't something contraband isn't game breaking.
It would literally be to allow more players to have accese to store a smaller amount of items, possibly bodygroups, a smaller version of the PET flag and accese to more whitelist roles.

Everyone that disagrees or just rates dumb are really just jumping the gun.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
I don't feel like the system is P2W, that's Nightlock's opinion which is ironic to say while being premium, basically saying that it's P2W if it is affordable for others.

As of right now Premium consists of:
  • Zombie Whitelist
  • PET Flags
  • Bodygroups
  • And a container as well as certain roles on the server requireing premium.
The lootbox system was just an idea to toss out as an option, one random item a month that isn't something contraband isn't game breaking.
It would literally be to allow more players to have accese to store a smaller amount of items, possibly bodygroups, a smaller version of the PET flag and accese to more whitelist roles.

Everyone that disagrees or just rates dumb is really just jumping the gun.
Ok, so, why change it?
Why add more to a permium that some people think adds too much, and some even suggesting that most of the features that are included in the premium be available for everyone.
Lootboxes are a stupid idea, so the dumb ratings are fair, what's the point of getting non-contraband items every month for free if it's not going to do anything useful?

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Ok, so, why change it?
Why add more to a permium that some people think adds too much, and some even suggesting that most of the features that are included in the premium be available for everyone.
Lootboxes are a stupid idea, so the dumb ratings are fair, what's the point of getting non-contraband items every month for free if it's not going to do anything useful?
The point is this simple: A few lighter versions of the current premium system which is more affordable. The lootboxes would essentially be items to use to passive roleplay. Like I managed to get a random pre-war coin in my suitcase, maybe someone is collecting those? In WW3RP we also used to trade items with each other, even though they had no practical value it was fun to collect unique items and bring them into our roleplay.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
The point is this simple: A few lighter versions of the current premium system which is more affordable. The lootboxes would essentially be items to use to passive roleplay. Like I managed to get a random pre-war coin in my suitcase, maybe someone is collecting those? In WW3RP we also used to trade items with each other, even though they had no practical value it was fun to collect unique items and bring them into our roleplay.
It's really pointless, the whole trading thing might be done by some at first, but it'll be quickly forgotten about.
It's just useless.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
It's really pointless, the whole trading thing might be done by some at first, but it'll be quickly forgotten about.
It's just useless.
By that argument, why don't we remove all items from the gamemode including weapons and just /me everything? (Sarcasm)

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Give me an example of a useless weapon or a useless item.
My pre-war coin I got in my suitcase.
[doublepost=1528714719][/doublepost]And shanks made from glass could also be easily /me'd but we insist on having items to refear to.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
It's a roleplay server, your motivates for trading such items is based on IC reason.
Ok, so the answer is no.
Now explain me, why should we add even MORE useless item if no one is going to trade them, to add on that why should we make it a donator thing only?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
And shanks made from glass could also be easily /me'd but we insist on having items to refear to.
Mostly because having a script means you can't bullshit it, especially when it comes to weapons. If it wasn't the case (as it used to be) people would just go "oh I RP'd making a shank earlier" whenever they got in conflict.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Ok, so the answer is no.
Now explain me, why should we add even MORE useless item if no one is going to trade them, to add on that why should we make it a donator thing only?
Because it would be items that would realisticly be obtainable within the city, and how people how them is entirely based on IC motivates as I stated. The reason to it would be a donator only could also be changed, I said the lootbox system was just an idea to throw out there. You could have regular players be able to do it once a month to type such a drop command and have the diffierent tiers of premium members, get more exotic but passive roleplay items. Like a statistically better drop rate, but for overall passive rp minded items.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
Because it would be items that would realisticly be obtainable within the city, and how people how them is entirely based on IC motivates as I stated. The reason to it would be a donator only could also be changed, I said the lootbox system was just an idea to throw out there. You could have regular players be able to do it once a month to type such a drop command and have the diffierent tiers of premium members, get more exotic but passive roleplay items. Like a statistically better drop rate, but for overall passive rp minded items.
And you really think that it will add some sort of RP?

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Mostly because having a script means you can't bullshit it, especially when it comes to weapons. If it wasn't the case (as it used to be) people would just go "oh I RP'd making a shank earlier" whenever they got in conflict.
Nearly anything can be used as a weapon, melee weapons don't really need to be a script unless it is of a considerable size. I actually remember years back on another server that we used to screenshot making stuff like shanks. Plus admins can check it in the logs.
[doublepost=1528715890][/doublepost]
And you really think that it will add some sort of RP?
The fact that I am carrying around a pre-war coin, gives me a sort of side-objective to find a purpose for it. Maybe I want to start my own collection, throw it out, sell it, put a bunch of coins in a sock and smack someone over the head or whatever. IT DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON HOW YOU PERCIEVE IT.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
The fact that I am carrying around a pre-war coin, gives me a sort of side-objective to find a purpose for it. Maybe I want to start my own collecting, throw it out, sell it, put a bunch of coins in a sock and smack someone over the head or whatever. IT DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON HOW YOU PERCIEVE IT.
Okay, now give me one example of anyone doing it, because you having a sort of side-objective doesn't mean every one will have it, some people will just ignore it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.