If HL2RP got PAC3 for premium

Lamar Headcrab

Aperture Science Remnant
Premium Member
Nebulae
because it'd destroy the server
I agree and i don't, yes it CAN ruin the server. But it could also make it much better. Being able to add stuff to your character from their backstory and so on would be great. It would just need a lot of trust and maybe a PAC approval forum. You make a PAC, post in in a convo with whoever monitors them and if they deem it okay then you can use it. You do need detailed explanations for everything though.

Something like this:

PAC Name: Francis's Belongings

Brief Description of the PAC:
This PAC gives my character a backpack with a scroll in it and a necklace. These items are of significance to my character as they are all he has left from his love. The scroll is a map of middle earth he made her and the necklace was hers.

Detailed image of PAC going over what is what and why you have it:
61W4mx1.jpg

Why do you think you should be able to use PAC:
Because it brings a deeper of level of RP to the game which i love and really help me make a connection with my character being able to display trophies and memories on their person

Do you agree that if you abuse PAC3 on the server you will be permanently blacklisted:
I understand

D

Deleted member 2132

Yeah, it should be allowed, and any abuse on it should be a warning then then removal from PAC.
It would add diversity, lots.
There would also be IC items on the character that can be removed if taken IC'ly.

Praise

Hot wet beef
Nebulae
we have had PAC3 on other servers (RIP frundtech, burn in hell u cow) and most people just got edgy masks or even worse, made cringy children and midgets. And god forbid, another pregnant woman.

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
we have had PAC3 on other servers (RIP frundtech, burn in hell u cow) and most people just got edgy masks or even worse, made cringy children and midgets. And god forbid, another pregnant woman.
i had a nice wool coat and cool glasses and a pair of gloves
good times

Lamar Headcrab

Aperture Science Remnant
Premium Member
Nebulae
Thing is WW3 had it right know and its fine. All you need to a little trust in people and an application to use PACs. Hec i would be happy to monitor the PACs going onto the server, have then send me a version of it and if i find it okay and not abusive then let them use it. If they are found using another version that can be abused then just remove them from PAC. Its not like i am asking for Wire mod to be added to the server and cars xD

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
It can cause framerate issues.

Mainly, however, we don't want people making outrageous costumes or wearing unobtainable gear. The added bonus is someone could literally change their entire appearance in seconds and evade civil protection.

Even if you find ways to counteract the above points, it's just not something we believe should be on the server.

Lamar Headcrab

Aperture Science Remnant
Premium Member
Nebulae
It can cause framerate issues.

Mainly, however, we don't want people making outrageous costumes or wearing unobtainable gear. The added bonus is someone could literally change their entire appearance in seconds and evade civil protection.

Even if you find ways to counteract the above points, it's just not something we believe should be on the server.
I am not saying it should be on the server, my argument know is the fact that you all have such bad opinion of PAC3. Go on WW3 and tell me that PAC is being abused. You can say that anything can be abused, you just need to get past the negative and think of the possitives. We are not talking about everyone getting PAC only premium and maybe its a payment on top of premium and like i have said above you then have to send your PAC's in for approval before you can use them. Hey maybe even have in your character desc saying USING A PAC.

Its not such a bad idea you all just make it out to be

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
I am not saying it should be on the server, my argument know is the fact that you all have such bad opinion of PAC3. Go on WW3 and tell me that PAC is being abused. You can say that anything can be abused, you just need to get past the negative and think of the possitives. We are not talking about everyone getting PAC only premium and maybe its a payment on top of premium and like i have said above you then have to send your PAC's in for approval before you can use them. Hey maybe even have in your character desc saying USING A PAC.

Its not such a bad idea you all just make it out to be

Lamar Headcrab

Aperture Science Remnant
Premium Member
Nebulae
Okay that's fair enough if the hierarchy doesn't want it. Maybe in the future you would do a premium member poll to see if people were willing to pay extra a month like a second premium tier to use PAC3. Maybe the majority would say no, but that would be the communities decision and i can't argue with that. I would just want PAC3 to be given a fair chance, maybe if you did do a poll you would let me make a good argument with a good amount of detail over the positives and negatives.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Okay that's fair enough if the hierarchy doesn't want it. Maybe in the future you would do a premium member poll to see if people were willing to pay extra a month like a second premium tier to use PAC3. Maybe the majority would say no, but that would be the communities decision and i can't argue with that. I would just want PAC3 to be given a fair chance, maybe if you did do a poll you would let me make a good argument with a good amount of detail over the positives and negatives.
pac 3 has been given two fair chances and has been abused to hell and beyond to play earrape mp3s on servers and to make your hitbox impossibly small

the day pac 3 gets used on hl2rp is the day i will finally go through with an hero

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Instead of giving PAC to donators, give it to people that you 100% know for sure won't abuse it.

Or just don't use it because the Combine try their best to repress all individuality and the most flamboyant attire on the server right now is just a purple suit.

Lamar Headcrab

Aperture Science Remnant
Premium Member
Nebulae
Instead of giving PAC to donators, give it to people that you 100% know for sure won't abuse it.

Or just don't use it because the Combine try their best to repress all individuality and the most flamboyant attire on the server right now is just a purple suit.
I just want to be able to have a red armband to show i am group member because reading someones description from far away isn't possible

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I just want to be able to have a red armband to show i am group member because reading someones description from far away isn't possible

I thought bodygroups already did this.