Serious If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Hope

Neutrino
Nebulae
Keep in mind the butterfly effect, and for every positive trait is a negative trait.

Also if this blows up you can go in the comments and tell each other why what they wanna change would be a bad idea

Finally, just remember you’re all perfect the way you are, and in life we’re always changing, so you may just get your wish!

I’ll start: If I could change anything about myself, I would probably make myself less forgiving as a person. I know my forgiveness lets me keep a lot of friends that I make, and if I didn’t have forgiveness then I would probably have much less friends, however every bad memory I have seems to strive from me forgiving the wrong person, and there never really seemed to be a time where there was someone I forgave who fixed the mistake and we ended up becoming the best of friends or something. That’s my take on it.

Reactions: List

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
I wouldn't actually change a thing to be honest. I have thought about myself, my personality and my body and my past quite a lot. However, even when I go through episodes of depression or I'm in a bad situation, I do not think I would change a single thing about myself or my past. I guess this is because I 'accept' who I am and what my past is. I find it ultimately futile to dedicate thoughts towards things I cannot change, and so I have no regrets. I wouldn't change something like my height (I'm 5'7", quite short for a man), because I feel like I wouldn't be 'me' anymore. It probably seems weird.

However, I won't be a bitch and not answer your question, lol. If I had to choose one thing physically, it would be the way my beard grows lol. My beard is alright but I noticed that it grows faster and is more dense on the neck and my chin than on my cheeks, resulting in a neckbeard that makes me look like a Chechen when it is grown out. I would probably change it so my beard is more dense on my cheeks. That being said, recently I feel like the hair on my cheeks are getting denser so I guess I wouldn't have to change it. I clean-shave my face all the time anyways.

Mentally, I would probably make it so I don't get anxious talking to new people. If I have to initiate a conversation with someone new or even an acquaintance, it sometimes ends up being awkward. I'm a generally shy and introverted person and only open up well to close friends.

That's it, really.

BTW, while the butterfly effect is something to consider when changing your past and is a big reason as to why I would never change a thing about my past, I disagree with the statement 'for every positive trait is a negative trait'. No reason I guess, but life is not a video game where your positive character traits need to have diminishing returns for it to be 'balanced'.

Also, I see you're a new member. Welcome to Nebulous, I guess. I don't know if you're slowly making threads and posting just to reach the post requirement for the metrocop whitelist or something (nothing wrong with that imo), but it's nice to see a new member not making 10 different shitty threads as soon as they join.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i am a 6'4 jewish chad so yeah basically im perfect i only wish i still had my foreskin

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
idk getting rid of the anxiety and depression would be nice.

also i want my foreskin back.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
spending the years I put in hl2rp into something more useful
e1ec170390df3c9c6f7af8f620df4137.png

this one hurts just a bit