Official Guide [!] If you want storage space, read this! [!]

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Always wondering why GMOD is clunking up your storage space? You try to fix it by deleting all your addons, but that doesn't do anything?

Well, listen closely.
  • head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloads\server
  • CTRL+A (Selects all files)
  • Hit your delete button.
  • Click 'Okay" and delete everything
  • Enjoy that WONDERFUL storage space
Now you might say "Durr DoubleD, I already know that!" Well, I didn't know this before, so I'm posting it for the other people who don't know. I deleted over 150 Gigabytes of shit that I downloaded from servers (Like DarkRP) and I went from 764 gigs used to 612 gigs used. Try it.

Hope this helped for the people who have limited space on their computer.

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Cleared out like 60 GB, Gmod still takes 15 minutes to start up.

I assume that's due to addons.

How can I remove the trash addons without getting rid of the ones I need?

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Cleared out like 60 GB, Gmod still takes 15 minutes to start up.

I assume that's due to addons.

How can I remove the trash addons without getting rid of the ones I need?
If you do uninstall a lot of addons and want to quickly delete them, open up your console and type "menu_cleanupgmas"

Deletes all the .gma files that you are not using

E: Oh, well if you were to handpick the addons you would want to keep you would have to go through your addons and manually uninstall them. But, I suggest using the other method made by @Votra (originally) to just clean up all of your addons at once and reinstall the ones you need later

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you do uninstall a lot of addons and want to quickly delete them, open up your console and type "menu_cleanupgmas"

Deletes all the .gma files that you are not using

All of my addons are enabled (about 300-600, haven't counted) there's so many that trying to delete or disable one crashes the game.

Redownloading tonnes of content (especially big vital addons) would be a hassle, but I currently don't have the motivation to even start Gmod up with the amount of time it takes to load, and singleplayer just shuts down instantly.

Reactions: List