Official Guide [!] If you want storage space, read this! [!]

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
Always wondering why GMOD is clunking up your storage space? You try to fix it by deleting all your addons, but that doesn't do anything?

Well, listen closely.
  • head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloads\server
  • CTRL+A (Selects all files)
  • Hit your delete button.
  • Click 'Okay" and delete everything
  • Enjoy that WONDERFUL storage space
Now you might say "Durr DoubleD, I already know that!" Well, I didn't know this before, so I'm posting it for the other people who don't know. I deleted over 150 Gigabytes of shit that I downloaded from servers (Like DarkRP) and I went from 764 gigs used to 612 gigs used. Try it.

Hope this helped for the people who have limited space on their computer.
6c217f62f0.png
[doublepost=1516858428][/doublepost]Just got rid of 248 gbs.

Yes. I know.
Thank you DoubleD. I will forever be in your godly debt.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
12.8GB saved (Minimum, it was still calculating by the time I pressed delete)

Trying to figure out why the fuck I'm getting minecraft models when I search shit on Gmod despite not having any minecraft addons. Did a few cursory searches through my files and found some weird minecraft files in my materials and sounds folders. Is there any other places that I should be clearing out to get rid of old shit I don't need any more?

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
12.8GB saved (Minimum, it was still calculating by the time I pressed delete)

Trying to figure out why the fuck I'm getting minecraft models when I search shit on Gmod despite not having any minecraft addons. Did a few cursory searches through my files and found some weird minecraft files in my materials and sounds folders. Is there any other places that I should be clearing out to get rid of old shit I don't need any more?
Delete all your .gma's and stuff life that, you never know

Illusion

A Pure Mystery
Nebulae
Pretty cool. Just found the guide, but it deleted a total of 7,096 items from the year of 2016 to 2018. After deleting them, it cleared up a very large amount of space. It cleared up about a total of 249 GB + after deleting them all, leaving me with plenty of space left. Thanks!

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
legit just cleared around 127 GB off of my hard drive

This has got to be better known especially for people who jump from server-to-server

D

Deleted member 118

Had like 240GB left
Now I have 320GB

Thanks Double Dick <3

Traybann

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Don't know if this is considered a necropost, but considering the last post was but a month ago I'll go ahead.

This folder clogged up 6,125 files. Deleting it saved 217GB from my computer, holy shit.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Don't know if this is considered a necropost, but considering the last post was but a month ago I'll go ahead.

This folder clogged up 6,125 files. Deleting it saved 217GB from my computer, holy shit.
It's a stickied post so dw about necroposts