Israel threatens New Zealand with war

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/879...-un-resolution-was-declaration-of-war--report

Yes, that title isn't just clickbait my friends. Israel's PM has told the New Zealand Foreign Affairs Minister that my country's stance on the Israelis building settlements on occupied Palestinian land is a declaration of war, chances are it's just harsh words, though. Read more about it below.

Israel's ambassador to New Zealand Itzhak Gerberg will meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday to discuss whether further sanctions against NZ are appropriate.

The Israeli government has already withdrawn its ambassador and barred New Zealand's ambassador from Israel.

Israel's embassy said "until further notice" no more sanctions would be imposed against New Zealand.

This news came after reports of a bitter phone call between the Israeli leader and New Zealand Foreign Minister Murray McCully where Netanyahu said NZ's actions amounted to a "declaration of war".

READ MORE: Israeli ambassador to NZ recalled after UN vote

"My ambassador has just arrived in Israel today. He will have a meeting with the Prime Minister tomorrow, so until further notice there are no further sanctions," said Patricia Deen, spokeswoman for the Israeli embassy in Wellington.

Israel withdrew its ambassador from New Zealand and barred our ambassador from their country after New Zealand co-sponsored a UN Security Council resolution condemning Israel on Christmas Eve.

The UN Security Council resolution called for Israel to stop building settlements on occupied Palestinian land. It was picked up and sponsored by New Zealand and three other countries after US President-Elect Donald Trump reportedly pressured Egypt into dropping it.

The resolution was passed on Saturday after the US abstained instead of vetoing, as they historically have done on votes concerning Israel.

Netanyahu personally phoned Minister of Foreign Affairs Murray McCully before the vote, his office has confirmed.

Israeli publication Haaretz, citing unnamed western diplomats, described a "harsh" phone call between the pair.

"This is a scandalous decision. I'm asking that you not support it and not promote it," Netanyahu reportedly told McCully.

"If you continue to promote this resolution from our point of view it will be a declaration of war. It will rupture the relations and there will be consequences."

McCully reportedly refused to back down, according to Haaretz, telling Netanyahu the resolution was consistent with New Zealand policy on the dispute.

McCully's office refused to publicly comment on the content of the conversation.

Deen said the phone call had been "blown out of proportion" but didn't want to comment on it in detail.

Earlier this week, McCully publicly said that Israel shouldn't be surprised by New Zealand's position.

"We have been very open about our view that the [security council] should be doing more to support the Middle East peace process and the position we adopted today is totally in line with our long established policy on the Palestinian question," he said in a statement.

New Zealand has used its time on the Security Council to consistently call for a halt to settlements.

Its two-year term as a non-permanent member ends this month.

New Zealand was the only western nation to co-sponsor the resolution, joining Malaysia, Senegal, and Venezuela.

The Security Council passed the resolution 14-0, with the United States abstaining.

Netanyahu is furious with the decision. He has halted aid to Senegal and said "friends don't take friends to the Security Council".

In 2014, Israel was New Zealand's 55th largest two-way trading partner

- Stuff
[doublepost=1482979883][/doublepost]@Lord Gaben

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae

260px-Theodore_Herzl.jpg

d75.gif

Reactions: List

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Points you should consider.
  • To deny the Israeli's right to the land is to deny the Jewish people's right to self-determination, is anti-Semitic.
  • To deny the Jewish people their home after thousand of years of diaspora is anti-Semitic.
  • To ignore the bloodier campaign in Syria after hundreds of thousands have died, is anti-Semitic.
  • To attack the only Jewish nation in the region, surrounded by Islamic nations who provide funding to terror groups to kill in other people's countries, and whose laws are stranger to us, than ours to Israel's legal code, is anti-Semitic.
  • To hold standards of your allies to a higher degree than your enemies, is anti-Semitic.
  • To condemn the only nation in the Middle East who has the same values of freedom and liberty as in a Western democracy, is anti-Semitic.
  • To be against anti-Israel is to be anti-Semitic.
Frankly, couldn't be more disgusted with the U.S. not veto'ing the resolution.
Anti-semitism is in the air.

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
nah youre gonna have to have a go a england firs
>all blacks are in Argentina, playing the panthers
>majority of all blacks are from Christchurch, and during the Super 15 season they typically play for the Crusaders but they're a little busy overseas.
>England is against the Crusader's B Team, bare in mind the Crusaders are a regional team in New Zealand, not the international team.
> England wins 7-38, and they still wont fucking let it go to this day

don't get me wrong i hate aussies when it comes to sports and I'll never forget the underarm bowl, but England aren't any better. I'd rather let SA take it, or maybe Ireland.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
for real tho a war between jewland and NZ would be funny as fuck because no one would have the capablity to do anything so you fuckers would just say mean words and shit

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
for real tho a war between jewland and NZ would be funny as fuck because no one would have the capablity to do anything so you fuckers would just say mean words and shit
nah i reckon israel would give NZ a proper beatdown