JOSEON | Announcement & Info, 23/05/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I'm just saying mate it's no gonna stop folk from mugging workers, it just means they're probably gonna stab them instead

Our goal isn't to stop muggings entirely.

You'll still be able to obtain any storage articles on said CWU, any obtained resources such as weaponry, etc. (Since high-tier contraband will be allowed during the event)

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Server rules require you to substitute the aquired CWU-radio for a Handheld Radio, since the CWU-Radio is encrypted and deactivated upon loss.
how

'wow good job you managed to completely stealth a mugging without getting fucked, but you can't gain anythin' from it'

lemme ask you here, how the fuck is it encrypted, in what context, password needed to access it? a fingerprint scanner on the speak button, or what? 'encrypted' doesn't really mean anything and you can't really affect a radio without fiddling with it physically, it's not a laptop connected to the internet that you can hack or w.e

+ i doubt the combine made their own radio towers, so it just seems like a lazy decision, got nothing against you, but it's lazy.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Y1ao18u.png

Nebulae
Our goal isn't to stop muggings entirely.

You'll still be able to obtain any storage articles on said CWU, any obtained resources such as weaponry, etc. (Since high-tier contraband will be allowed during the event)
there's already strong rules on warehouse raiding, allow us to mug them proper. i doubt cwu getting mugged would've been a problem in the first place

how

'wow good job you managed to completely stealth a mugging without getting fucked, but you can't gain anythin' from it'

lemme ask you here, how the fuck is it encrypted, in what context, password needed to access it? a fingerprint scanner on the speak button, or what? 'encrypted' doesn't really mean anything and you can't really affect a radio without fiddling with it physically, it's not a laptop connected to the internet that you can hack or w.e
it literally says password needed to access it just like you said or something like that, it's stupid.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
how

+ i doubt the combine made their own radio towers, so it just seems like a lazy decision, got nothing against you, but it's lazy.
+support + rep

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I don't know who came up with the encrypted radio thing, it doesn't make any sense. You can't specifically block one radio to my knowledge, you can't remotely disable it, at most the best you could do is completely alter the frequency when you've confirmed a radio's been compromised.

Stop using it as a get out of jail free card lmao.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
324f775a5801609db8e9762951b011b5.png

I've re-written the rule to avoid confusion.

Server rules require you to substitute the aquired CWU-radio for a Handheld Radio, since the CWU-Radio is encrypted and deactivated upon loss.
Upon reported loss.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
how

It's deactivated upon being reported lost? We've got a document which our whitelist holders fill out which states what happened, what they've lost, etc.

It's encrypted like any other UU-frequency radio. I assume this is to prevent unauthorized individuals from breaching- and obtaining access to the frequency. The radio itself isn't encrypted, the frequency is.
[doublepost=1590193644][/doublepost]
Upon reported loss.

It's deactivated upon being reported lost? We've got a document which our whitelist holders fill out which states what happened, what they've lost, etc.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Keep in mind the radio thing was also done as a healthy way of handheld radios getting into rebel circulation

I don't see anything wrong with that

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
also how the fuck does the password work hahaha like if u get one a turned on one off worker surely it would still work until you shut it off again like haha just dont turn it off??? 5head dumb system

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't know who came up with the encrypted radio thing, it doesn't make any sense. You can't specifically block one radio to my knowledge, you can't remotely disable it, at most the best you could do is completely alter the frequency when you've confirmed a radio's been compromised.

Stop using it as a get out of jail free card lmao.
I remember I used a UU radio once and got pm'd from a DIspatch
THIS RADIO IS NOW DISABLED!
[doublepost=1590193680][/doublepost]
Keep in mind the radio thing was also done as a healthy way of handheld radios getting into rebel circulation

it should be optional to disable them.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's so people can't just grab a radio and sit listening to the frequency forever even though logically they'd just be able to alter it and lock you out that way because you wouldn't know what to tune into.

You can't do that because of the way they're coded on server, whereas IC you'd just change the frequency for employees upon one being reported stolen.

That means the only thing you can do is swap out that individual's stolen radio.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae

but it also fucks up rebels that want to perform espionage

a radio is just like a TV reciever, you just get the frequency and there's no way you can really 'encrypt' it, the way militaries and such use specific frequencies that civvies can't access is by hardware, their hardware picks up frequencies that civvie grade radios can't, now if a civvie stole a radio from the military, they can't just disable it and block him from it, it's not a Wi-Fi connection

It's encrypted like any other UU-frequency radio. I assume this is to prevent unauthorized individuals from breaching- and obtaining access to the frequency. The radio itself isn't encrypted, the frequency is.
that's fair, rebels with regular radios can't access it, that's why it's encrypted and i believe that's what it means by encrypted

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
It's so people can't just grab a radio and sit listening to the frequency forever even though logically they'd just be able to alter it and lock you out that way because you wouldn't know what to tune into.

You can't do that because of the way they're coded on server, whereas IC you'd just change the frequency for employees upon one being reported stolen.

That means the only thing you can do is swap out that individual's stolen radio.
sure, so are we ok to secretly steal a CWU's radio and see the frequency, then set it on the stolen radio and it'll start working until further notice? we were never really told that it works that way

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
a radio is just like a TV reciever, you just get the frequency and there's no way you can really 'encrypt' it, the way militaries and such use specific frequencies that civvies can't access is by hardware, their hardware picks up frequencies that civvie grade radios can't, now if a civvie stole a radio from the military, they can't just disable it and block him from it, it's not a Wi-Fi connection

I didn't decide upon this rule, Surrator.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the way militaries and such use specific frequencies that civvies can't access is by hardware, their hardware picks up frequencies that civvie grade radios can't, now if a civvie stole a radio from the military, they can't just disable it and block him from it, it's not a Wi-Fi connection
to expand on this, there's only a few limited 'slots' on each frequency to begin with

if you spent a few hours checking every single one you'd no doubt find the new one if they switched it around, so the excuse of "lol frequency change" doesn't work

on the other hand, if they keep spamming it you could no doubt triangulate their position and send some goons to kill them

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
It really is a simple answer; don't use handheld radios, use something that can logically be controlled.

Either way I think we could probably move this discussion elsewhere honestly.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You can't use a stolen radio when it gets reported because the Union can't just alter the frequency for their existing employees and just lock you out, so you get locked out instead.

I don't see why this is suddenly massive deal with absolutely every faction radio has worked this way since 2015 if not earlier and not once has anyone given a toss. It's a balance thing so rebels can't have perma-insight because the grab one faction member.

Status
Not open for further replies.